News:

• April 25, 2024, 02:54:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Proposed 2022 CL Nats dates  (Read 1749 times)

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Proposed 2022 CL Nats dates
« on: July 28, 2021, 02:22:16 PM »
From AMA:  JULY 17-23 2022.

The RC Worlds will be the two weeks prior.

Dave
(NOT the 2022 ED)
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Online Peter in Fairfax, VA

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Proposed 2022 CL Nats dates
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 03:43:45 PM »
Sounds like that does not conflict with the traditional Brodak's date.

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 05:39:39 PM »
Wahoo!
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 06:44:49 PM »
From AMA:  JULY 17-23 2022.

The RC Worlds will be the two weeks prior.

Dave
(NOT the 2022 ED)

Apropos of some of our off-line discussions, I would note that this year's AMA "National Fun Fly" is at Muncie this week - not the middle of f'ing June.

Brett

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2021, 07:15:12 AM »
Outstanding.

Derek

Online Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2021, 07:41:22 AM »
That’s great news!
Matt Colan

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2021, 10:42:38 AM »
Happy to hear those dates, thanks for posting that!
Steve

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2021, 03:27:32 PM »
As I’ve said,  someone else will need to come forward to be the CLPA Nats ED next year but nevertheless I’m still getting questions related to next year seeking answers.  I expressed to AMA (Yolanda) that we are pleased with the dates planned for us.  She is asking me though ( for planning reasons) if we intend to do the Open Finals/ Walker Cup on Saturday.  I told her that was the norm for us BUT after having to do the Semis, Finals and Walker in one day this year I sense some liked hanging around to watch and not have to pay for another night of hotel in a few cases.  I did say ultimately it would be up to the 2022 ED.  But it might be interesting to hear others opinions about it.......

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2021, 09:33:26 PM »
As I’ve said,  someone else will need to come forward to be the CLPA Nats ED next year but nevertheless I’m still getting questions related to next year seeking answers.  I expressed to AMA (Yolanda) that we are pleased with the dates planned for us.  She is asking me though ( for planning reasons) if we intend to do the Open Finals/ Walker Cup on Saturday.  I told her that was the norm for us BUT after having to do the Semis, Finals and Walker in one day this year I sense some liked hanging around to watch and not have to pay for another night of hotel in a few cases.  I did say ultimately it would be up to the 2022 ED.  But it might be interesting to hear others opinions about it.......

Dave

As a flier in the finals a few times, I clearly want the finals on a separate day..it is usually hot in July, and fortunately this year Thursday when we did all in one day the temps and humidity were in reasonable ranges.

Please do the finals on Sat.

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2021, 10:58:08 AM »
  She is asking me though ( for planning reasons) if we intend to do the Open Finals/ Walker Cup on Saturday.  I told her that was the norm for us BUT after having to do the Semis, Finals and Walker in one day this year I sense some liked hanging around to watch and not have to pay for another night of hotel in a few cases.
They should be held on Saturday as usual. Compressing them into one day kept a certain Junior from being able to fly Jr/SR/Open day because he was off flying other events.......
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Online Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2021, 11:02:17 AM »
I would rather have the flyoff on Saturday as well
Matt Colan

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2021, 04:41:24 PM »
Thank You all for the input.  I will forward the sentiments to Yolanda.

Dave
AMA 20934

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2021, 06:23:58 AM »
I know that the answer to this is "we've always done it this way, so we'll just keep doing it this way" and other lame excuses   ;D   but I'll ask it anyway    S?P

if.....

The Super Bowl is held at the END of the football season

and

The World Series is held at the END of the baseball season

and most every other championship is held at the end of its "season" .......

Why shouldn't we move the CLPA Nats (the Walker Cup fly-off) to the end of the flying season?  Or at least nearer the end of the season - Say September or October?

Considering this last year, even though school might be is session (however that is defined these days...) there is no reason the Juniors can't just do more remote learning.   HB~>  so, there goes that objection.

Plus, room rates should be lower and traffic lighter - so more affordable and easier to travel to.

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2021, 08:52:12 AM »
I know that the answer to this is "we've always done it this way, so we'll just keep doing it this way" and other lame excuses   ;D   but I'll ask it anyway    S?P

if.....

The Super Bowl is held at the END of the football season

and

The World Series is held at the END of the baseball season

and most every other championship is held at the end of its "season" .......

Why shouldn't we move the CLPA Nats (the Walker Cup fly-off) to the end of the flying season?  Or at least nearer the end of the season - Say September or October?

Considering this last year, even though school might be is session (however that is defined these days...) there is no reason the Juniors can't just do more remote learning.   HB~>  so, there goes that objection.

Plus, room rates should be lower and traffic lighter - so more affordable and easier to travel to.

I assume Muncie, Indiana is pretty cold in October.

Derek

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2021, 09:39:19 AM »

Because you just can't "decide" to pick a few days to do remote learning to fit your schedule. It doesn't work that way.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2021, 09:56:57 AM »
My school would take a dim view of me taking a week off.
Steve

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2021, 10:04:58 AM »
I assume Muncie, Indiana is pretty cold in October.

Which brings up another point... >:D

Online Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2021, 11:18:32 AM »
Personally I've long wished the Nats were toward the end of the season-largely because many of us barely get consistent flying weather until July so there isn't much prep time.  However the Nats is a (the) AMA major event and 'they' control the schedule, not 'we'.  One can establish another MAJOR if they want and call it the "U.S. Control line Aerobatics Championships" or whatever and hold that when and where they wish.  The Nats is the Nats and belongs exclusively to AMA.  The Executive counsel approves the dates based on all the various categories and events to use the facility.  This will always mean likely winners and losers as far as the schedule goes.  I believe the time frame they use has been historically framed with regard to the typical school year.  "In the old days" there were very many more kids in attendance and so it really mattered.  These days it would matter less but still you can't make it impossible for youngsters to come.  That guarantees the loss of the kids to our sport.  The third week in July has worked pretty well for us for a while and I think simply holding on to this slot is a victory, as we learned this year.  We had a Team Trials in Muncie a few cycles ago over the Labor Day weekend.  As I recall it was already getting pretty cool and wet that time. 

Dave
AMA 20934

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here