News:

• March 28, 2024, 02:58:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Private message attachment??  (Read 870 times)

Offline Hemi Steve

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
Private message attachment??
« on: October 12, 2019, 11:20:33 AM »
Is it possible to attach an image to a private message? If so, how?

Steve

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
Re: Private message attachment??
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 09:17:31 AM »
Is it possible to attach an image to a private message? If so, how?

Steve

Steve,

Welcome to the hobby. I just saw this so I went over and took a peek at the PM's.

There's a row of icons above, you'll see it, it has a small icon to the extreme left, it's the Mona Lisa,  LL~, so you cannot miss it.

I did click on it but I'm still lost from there because the typical "browse" method didn't open up. It brings up what appears to be a URL thing.

I'm guessing you have to have a special place for photos in this case.

A bad guess probably. Anyway I did take a look and made an attempt.

Now, besides yourself, I would like to know how to send a photo in a PM message also.  LL~

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 10:02:05 PM »
PHAGH . . .

Click on the thingo , top left , bottom . NOT the FACES , irdiot .

AFTER having FOUND your picture , and clicking on IT , where it says " COPY IMAGE ADDRESS " , Click on THAT ,.

Thus ;

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/v1/520eabafe4b0e79bc42b5103/1377756659577-MVJR1WZD4LH8IKL5BOQV/ke17ZwdGBToddI8pDm48kDAv91l_EVpAtt3T82Wm1m9Zw-zPPgdn4jUwVcJE1ZvWEtT5uBSRWt4vQZAgTJucoTqqXjS3CfNDSuuf31e0tVGRdKQdAvYPFeoNHcl0B9NbYhRtIalXltUl4wqyICqU51hQUjdct07RUVzezzWpvVo/R1962_09.jpg?format=500w

Must be the HTTP wotsit . .

There ou go ,

you need a image , a image addresss . Click on mona lisa & imediately , or nextly , click on  Ctrl & V , simultaemeously . And the confuser will
insert it between the , and ITS DONE .

Unless you have no HTTP thing .  VD~

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2019, 08:04:59 PM »
Tried and tried to attach a picture from my own computer into a PM, without success. It looks like the file has to be online someplace. I looked for a picture on Stunt Hangar and succeeded in attaching it to a PM to Hemi Steve, and he sent it back by PM.

If you do this, be aware that if you were to post a link to a picture and that website or picture goes away, it'll also go away from your PM or post. Leonard Neuman was not in favor of people posting pictures that way, just because of the disappearing problem. I haven't seen any such displeasure from Sparky or Moderators here on SH. IMO, there's a time and place for it. It would be possible to post some pictures in the District Photo Albums (little used, IIRC & IMO), then post a link to that picture, attach it to a PM and then after awhile, delete it from the photo album. Should work. Blame me!   

PhotoBucket was a photo hosting site that allowed folks to post and store their pictures, but I believe PB and some similar sites have gone away or are no longer free. If you know of one that is free and still works, post a link! I don't have any idea how "The Cloud" works, but think it's fairly secure and you can't post a link to a picture you have stored there (?).   :X  Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here