News:

• June 16, 2024, 12:54:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Samuel's Fleet  (Read 1304 times)

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Samuel's Fleet
« on: July 08, 2015, 05:29:08 PM »
Sam's flying is progressing nicely. He's been given a few planes to help him along. Ukey .35 from Chad Hill. Skyray and Twister from Ray Copeland, he's flown the Ukey and the Skyray, we will maiden the Twister this weekend. He took off and landed the Skyray by himself 6 times last week. We are trying to get him ready for basic flight at Huntersville in Oct. We are having tons of fun doing this together.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
Re: Samuel's Fleet
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 05:40:10 PM »
Awesome Mike and Sam!!! Are you and Sam coming to the nats this year?

Derek

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 06:00:05 PM »
Awesome Mike and Sam!!! Are you and Sam coming to the nats this year?

Derek
Sam and I will be there Wed. through Sunday. I could not go for all the CL events so combat won out this year. VD~ VD~ Maybe we can make it work next year for Samuel to fly in Beginner.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 06:33:05 PM »
Sam and I will be there Wed. through Sunday. I could not go for all the CL events so combat won out this year. VD~ VD~ Maybe we can make it work next year for Samuel to fly in Beginner.

I understand and that would be awesome if it works out next year. Maybe I can get layla ready by then too. 😄

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 08:11:09 PM »
Very cool Mike.

I need to get my son and the 4 of us go flying in Nashville. 

Need to find a weekend that works. 😃
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline JoeJust

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 08:41:39 PM »
I am so pleased to see one of our original "Ukeys" still in use.  Jim Carpenter and myself were so certain that the Ukey could play a big part in a beginners learning curve. I don think I will ever get over Jim's death, but as long as there are any Ukeys flying he really has never gone away.
Joe Just
I only enter contests so somebody else is not always in last place

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 10:19:48 PM »
Nice fleet, Mike.
I love my Ukey. Wayne and I both flew Ukeys in Profile in Huntersville this May. I use mine as my warmup plane and it last flew this past Sunday. It's an Original.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2015, 10:34:34 PM »
I am so pleased to see one of our original "Ukeys" still in use.  Jim Carpenter and myself were so certain that the Ukey could play a big part in a beginners learning curve. I don think I will ever get over Jim's death, but as long as there are any Ukeys flying he really has never gone away.
Joe Just
Joe, That was one of 2 Ukey's that Chad Hill built for his son, I am guessing its 15 years old or more. Its very well built and a sturdy design for sure. As for Jim Carpenter I never met him but spoke on the phone with him several times. When I got into combat 4 years ago I was building his Yankee Nipper design and getting my center ribs from him. When the box showed up there were always extra goodies inside that I hadn't asked or paid for. He helped me a bunch through our phone conversations on building and trimming combat wings. I wish I could have met him and flown some matches with him.  Mike

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 11:27:48 AM »
That young man is growing.   Great he has soloed the planes.  Once he realizes that the controller in his hand tells the plane what to do he will be out flying all of us.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 04:37:18 PM »
That young man is growing.   Great he has soloed the planes.  Once he realizes that the controller in his hand tells the plane what to do he will be out flying all of us.
That's right, taking control instead of reacting. If Sam is a chip off the ol' block, then that's happening already. Mike's as Alpha Type A as any guy I know, and I'm betting Sam's growing into that too, being the Boss of that plane. It's hard to believe a guy Sam's size can plant his feet with some of those big planes pulling. He was flying a 35 size Flite Streak a couple of years ago. My big Magnum can pull me off center on a windy day if I don't eat my Wheaties.
I'm looking forward to meeting him in October.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here