News:

• April 25, 2024, 09:36:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Prices for stunt planes  (Read 1068 times)

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Prices for stunt planes
« on: April 27, 2019, 03:01:11 PM »
I've got half a dozen planes that I'm going to be selling, but I've never bought or sold planes, so I have no clue what are fair prices.  Guidance on what to ask would be welcome.

Most are planes that are in good flying condition, from a guy who was competitive in the Pacific Northwest about 20 years ago; you could probably put a motor in (or free up the motors that are there, on a couple of them) and go fly (or start trimming, if you're picky).

Planes in good condition:

(Edit) Sheeks Mosquito, with Fox 35s

Impala, with FP40, probably Tom Dixon-ized

A real, genuine, "gosh I dunno" -- it's 'big stunter' sized, probably with a recognizable name (he built from plans).  No motor.

A Juno, no motor

Planes with damage:

Cardinal 51, with an ST (I assume 51) in it.  It has a Tom Lay decal on the wing; assume what you will.  His housekeeper tripped over the tail, but it looks like a moderately easy repair.  I know I'd do far better to fix it myself and then sell it -- but my spare time is at a premium right now.

A Shark 45, with extensive damage in the nose.  He suffered a prop blade on takeoff and landed it inverted to stop the engine (trike gear).  One side of the nose broke off back to the wing LE, but the (now easy to see!) interior structure appears sound.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2019, 05:03:46 PM by Tim Wescott »
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Online Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Prices for stunt planes
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 04:19:07 PM »
What is a "Rabe Mosquito"?

As far as I know, Al only did one twin, and that was a Hornet and it is not finished - yet.

Keith

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 04:59:06 PM »
What is a "Rabe Mosquito"?

As far as I know, Al only did one twin, and that was a Hornet and it is not finished - yet.

Keith

It sounds like it's a symptom of a memory problem! Plane was designed in the 80's if I'm correct.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 05:02:32 PM »
Sheeks. Rabe, Sheeks - they're all famous guys who fly better than me.
AMA 64232

Online Trostle

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 05:20:03 PM »
Sheeks. Rabe, Sheeks - they're all famous guys who fly better than me.

OK, there is a Sheeks' Mosquito.  Model Aviation, August 1981.  There have been other Mosquitos published also.

Keith

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 05:20:45 PM »
OK, there is a Sheeks' Mosquito.  Model Aviation, August 1981.  There have been other Mosquitos published also.

Keith
That's the one.
AMA 64232

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here