News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:35:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Powermaster fuel oil content  (Read 613 times)

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Powermaster fuel oil content
« on: July 24, 2021, 12:25:53 PM »
Anyone familiar with this fuel? I have a can of this "PowerMaster Premium Model Engine Fuel", "10% nitro 18% synthetic/castor"  and need to know what percent is synthetic, and what % is castor. Please see the photo of the fuel can. Thanks. Kevin.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: Powermaster fuel oil content
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 12:40:17 PM »
Anyone familiar with this fuel? I have a can of this "PowerMaster Premium Model Engine Fuel", "10% nitro 18% synthetic/castor"  and need to know what percent is synthetic, and what % is castor. Please see the photo of the fuel can. Thanks. Kevin.

9 and 9, I think.

Brett

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 12:56:12 PM »
  Powermaster is now part of VP Fuels and if you go to their website I think they give a breakdown on their blends. I think Brett is correct on the 9 and 9 percentages. After the buy out by VP they discontinued a lot of different blends but this may be their standard sport fuel now.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 03:51:39 PM »
  Powermaster is now part of VP Fuels and if you go to their website I think they give a breakdown on their blends. I think Brett is correct on the 9 and 9 percentages. After the buy out by VP they discontinued a lot of different blends but this may be their standard sport fuel now.
   Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

That would now be labelled 10% "Air" (as opposed to "heli" or "Car"). David uses Heli now.

Brett

Online Alan Buck

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2021, 03:54:41 PM »
checked web site 18percent oil  80% syn & 20% castor   
  mean green  is 100% syn
ALAN E BUCK

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2021, 04:53:10 PM »
Have used that same fuel in my PA .51 and OS .46VF AAC. I typically add two oz. of Randy's "snake oil" to each gallon. FWIW, the stuff is very thick and sticky when cold, so I'd suggest warming it gently before adding it to the mix. If you ask Randy what it is, I'm sure he'll tell you.  LL~  LL~  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here