News:

• April 25, 2024, 06:27:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Poser about Prop Video  (Read 1262 times)

Online peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Poser about Prop Video
« on: November 08, 2018, 01:23:44 PM »
Years ago Windy did a video about props, pretty inclusive, including shaping, balancing and various tip and shapes.
Was any of it correct?

Thanks

Offline Charles Carter

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Flying Control Line Stunt
    • Flying Control Line Stunt
Re: Poser about Prop Video
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 05:40:54 PM »
I thought it was a very informative presentation about props and tuning of props.  The prop video I was referring to is not on Youtube yet.  I will someday  get around to uploading it.

Charles Carter
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 11:06:51 AM by Charles Carter »

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 05:59:31 PM »
I'm interested, so where's the link? Is it on YouTube, and if not, why not?  D>K Steve

"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 07:54:31 PM »
Yea , its there .

Dosnt get into tables of data , or a great deal of cross referances . Though he has a liquid marker and a white board or paper .

fairly much speculations & generaliseations , rather than quantifed specifics .

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 06:35:48 PM »
There was a page or so article in SN in the late '90's that gave some guidelines about prop tip shapes. I believe it was by some Canadians, but I don't recall who. Maybe Ken Bird and Bruce Perry?

I tried a search on YouTube for the Windy U. video, with nothing obvious showing up for what I plugged in. Don't have time to look through all them, as it's chow time. Beef stew and baking powder biscuits...YUM!  y1 Steve

« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 06:59:33 PM by Steve Helmick »
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Peter Grabenstein

• 2020 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 03:13:28 AM »
not sure if you are Looking for this Windy movie at 1:56:00 Min's..
It relates mainly 4 blades.

H^^
Peter
I hate pessimists, I prefer optimists.
Impossible is done immediately, miracles take longer.
I don't care who your father is ......... as long as I fly here,
Nobody walks, runs, floats or flies across my circle ......... not even to fetch fish, wine or bread.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2018, 06:10:33 PM »
WINDY PROPS . Stood behind the Lavochkin in new Zealand , on the Centerline , urging them to ' clear the plugs ' Nice Breeze on a Warm Day . ;D

For Anyone looking for Urtnowski stuff , Urtnowski in searh on U Tube gets TWO Authors . A TIP ,

FIRST , click on the post Chaps NAME , to get ALL the listings ;

Where it says ' 400 Series ' or suchlike , clik on the WRITING and zillions of them come up on the top right screen there .

Many thanks to Playto & the other dude , for undertaking the laborious tasks of multitudinous conversions & listings etc etc .

Offline Steve Helmick

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2018, 08:29:04 PM »
Since we know that Paul Taylor is posting a lot of Windy vids on YouTube, I'd bet that "Ptaylo" is his nickname. No idea who "CLGuy" , or "Playto" would be. Anybody know?

Thanks for posting the link to the Windy Prop video, Matthew. I should be able to catch some good z's while watching it this evening.  LL~ Steve 

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here