General control line discussion > Open Forum

Plugging boost port on fox .35

(1/6) > >>

Matt Curtis:
Is there info on this site on how to do this? Would like to find a full size pattern to copy so I could make the part the correct size and make it out of hardwood like oak or maple?

Dan McEntee:

--- Quote from: Matt Curtis on April 13, 2024, 09:56:17 PM ---Is there info on this site on how to do this? Would like to find a full size pattern to copy so I could make the part the correct size and make it out of hardwood like oak or maple?

--- End quote ---

There are no boost ports on a Fox .35 Stunt, only a main bypass port. It is too large, even compared to something like an ST.51!! Go to the engine section of the forum and search "stuffing a Fox .35 bypass port" or something similar. There has been much posted about it. I think the Tulsa Gluedobbers club has something posted on their web site also. The last time I looked at that I kind of questioned the dimensions of the wood block. Something like 14" to 5/16" wide will do and about 5/32" thick. It needs to be sanded to fit well in the case, and then concaved so the liner drops in easily like it would if it wasn't there. The cylinder and case are very flimsy so you can't force fit anything or it will distort things and never work. The cylinder should hold it in place but I generally wipe on a ;layer of JB-Weld to help position it all the way forward. it's not difficult but is tedious and must be done correctly.
  Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee

Perry Rose:
A popsicle stick is the thing to use. Once cut to length, trial and error, the bottom end must be tapered so the crankshaft weight clears.

Dennis Toth:
Matt,
There are a couple ways to do this. One is the stick in the bypass (see attachment for details) the other is to use JB Weld and fill the bypass about 1/3 full. I have used both and it works fine (not that critical).

If you use the JBW make sure you clean the bypass with degreaser and a little 400 sandpaper to give it better grip.

Best,    DennisT

john e. holliday:
Are you really having trouble with the so called Fox burp?  In my experience through the years the burp wash caused by the wrong fuel formula and plug. D>K

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version