News:

• March 29, 2024, 02:58:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pictures Posted: Valley Circle Burners May Meet  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Pictures Posted: Valley Circle Burners May Meet
« on: June 06, 2011, 04:10:20 PM »
I hope I'm in the right place... I have posted a few pics from the May 14th, 2011 event.

A note about Flickr: (BORING Warning: do not read this if you fall asleep easily) Flickr shows the pics in a small size on your screen to allow faster downloads.  To see large and HUGE sizes pull down the "Actions" menu and choose "View All Sizes".  Choose "Original" (the largest size) if you want to count the fins on the AP Hornet in Larry Renger's Sky Sport.  I have My Canon 40D SLR set to take pics at Large High-Res (3888 x 2592) so I can crop them without losing detail, or print posters.  Not that I've printed any, but it would be nice to be able to.

Also, Please don't steal my pictures.  If you have a good reason for making a copy and using one or more, on your website, in your newsletter, just write to me and ask, OK?

Thanks!  Good Flying...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/star-paul-star/sets/72157626667929573/

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
Re: Pictures Posted: Valley Circle Burners May Meet
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 05:42:19 PM »
Great photos.. Thanks for sharing!
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Dave Hull

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 03:24:50 PM »
Paul,
It was good to talk to you at the contest. Thank you for taking and sharing your pictures! Hope you can make it out to the VCB July "Learn How To Fly" event and bring the kids.

In the pics posted here, the upper left are a pair from Larry Renger's 1/2A arsenal. I believe he actually let me fly the blue one a couple of years ago (or maybe its twin?)  It flys much more like a full-sized stunter if you ignore the high-pitched engine sound.

The upper right photo is John Wright flying his Purple Profile in the competitor class. John is always a trophy threat....  By the by, the trophies at this contest were some nice VCB coffee mugs. I wanted one so bad last year, I demolished a plane trying to get one! Launching for John on this flight is Divot McSlow.

In the lower left photo, you're getting strafed by the VCB prez's Nobler, flown in Classic.

The lower right photo is the front end of the huge Humbugged "Freak Streak" entered by Warren. You need to scale up in your mind how big this monster is. Gynormous just barely starts to cover it. Warren had some starting issues, so used up his attempts but got in one flight, I believe.

The rest of pics accessible by your link are great! Folks should go have a look. (After looking at all the photos, I think I figured out why Warren's Hunter Stunter was tearing up the sky, but the Freak Streak would hardly run---the pic with the fuel bottle gives it away. He was feeding the  Hunter the "bloody Mary mix" that was supposed to go into the Freak Streak!)

Everyone had a good time at the contest--and no smashed up gear that I recall. Come out and join us next time!

Divot McSlow
VCB

Offline louie klein

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 06:11:46 AM »
Great pic's, Great planes, really enjoyed them!---LOUIE  y1 H^^ D>K

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 08:37:48 AM »
Ditto on the pictures.  It is great to be able to see pics of people I have met at various venues around this great country.  Especially the VSC in Tuscon town.  Have a great story of my first VSC and a Mr. Eric Rule at the time I did not know was RSM Dist.   H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here

Advertise Here