News:

• April 24, 2024, 07:59:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pictures of the Frisky Pete Wing Test Build  (Read 1070 times)

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Pictures of the Frisky Pete Wing Test Build
« on: September 02, 2018, 06:16:00 PM »
Please notice as you look at these pictures , the cutaway in the center of the leading edge for the fuel tank.  You will notice there is a plywood shelf that part of the rear of the tank will rest upon.  Also between the two center ribs there is a plywood spacer that you place between the ribs but it is concealed in the picture because the trailing edge sheeting covers it.  Because of the way the model is designed, this cutaway is necessary in order to fit the tank in the fuselage.

Mike

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Pictures of the Frisky Pete Wing Test Build
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 06:16:47 PM »
Another one

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2018, 06:17:33 PM »
Another

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2018, 06:18:32 PM »
Another

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2018, 06:19:08 PM »
One more

Offline Phil Spillman

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2018, 06:54:55 PM »
Quite nicely done Mike! I flew against Bob Hunt when he was competing with his Frisky Pete! It was a fast but accurate performer and I did enjoy watching him fly that little bird! I forced him to fly a second pattern twice at the Cleveland contests which caused Billy Werwage to chide Bobby to no end! At that time my plane of choice was an S 1 Ringmaster powered by the venerable Fox.35! I've always wanted to build a Frisky for myself but so far just haven't had the desire or sufficient gumption to put one together! What do you plan to power this little gem with?

Phil Spillman 
Phil Spillman

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2018, 07:08:49 PM »
Phil I have not even thought about it yet.   This is a small size plane from what I normally build and I am open for suggestions.   What has been used in the past?
Thank you for the compliment Phil.

Eric did a great job of cutting this kit and it is really a neat little kit and model.
Mike

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 11:11:32 AM »
Hey Mike,
Looks great!  I like it a lot!  When adding the center section sheeting, make a large radius between the leading & trailing edge sheeting and center sheeting, to further strengthen the center section of the wing (but that’s just me).

Later,
Mikey

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 01:36:04 PM »
Phil I have not even thought about it yet.   This is a small size plane from what I normally build and I am open for suggestions.   What has been used in the past?
Thank you for the compliment Phil.

Eric did a great job of cutting this kit and it is really a neat little kit and model.
Mike
From what I gather it's a 40" wing, so around 380sq in?  What's your anticipated weight?  Off hand I don't think you could go wrong with a 20FP. Brett says  the 15FP is enough for a Ringmaster, but I don't know how directly the designs compare beyond wing size.   My Cosmic Wind (42" 400sq in. 34 oz) flies great with a 20FP.   With only a little over 2oz I get a 6 minute flight.

Gary
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 02:15:16 PM »
From what I gather it's a 40" wing, so around 380sq in?  What's your anticipated weight?  Off hand I don't think you could go wrong with a 20FP. Brett says  the 15FP is enough for a Ringmaster, but I don't know how directly the designs compare beyond wing size.   My Cosmic Wind (42" 400sq in. 34 oz) flies great with a 20FP.   With only a little over 2oz I get a 6 minute flight.

Gary

15FP might be cool. A 20FP would certainly be good.
A 15LA would be too weak. I've directly compared the 15LA and the 15FP back to back on the same plane (same mount holes). I would use a veco 19 in this plane.

Online Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 04:38:59 PM »
I have a brand new Veco 19 and this might be a good plane to put it on.

Mike

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here