News:

• April 18, 2024, 08:01:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Photos from Dallas Labor Day Contest  (Read 968 times)

Offline Steve Kocher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Photos from Dallas Labor Day Contest
« on: September 16, 2018, 07:08:22 PM »
I am sorry that it took so long to post any photos from the Dallas Labor Day contest but I have been out-of-town.

Steve.
Steve Kocher
AMA 388654

Offline Steve Kocher

• Commander
Re: Photos from Dallas Labor Day Contest
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 07:09:33 PM »
More...
Steve Kocher
AMA 388654

Offline Steve Kocher

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:10:40 PM »
More...
Steve Kocher
AMA 388654

Offline Steve Kocher

• Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 07:11:23 PM »
More...
Steve Kocher
AMA 388654

Offline Steve Kocher

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 07:12:05 PM »
One more for now...
Steve Kocher
AMA 388654

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2018, 09:36:14 PM »
Gracias , notta bad Eh .  H^^

Offline dale gleason

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2018, 10:56:38 AM »
I bore people at the trophy presentation each year by giving some history of the "Dreaded Coveted District VIII Perpetual Precision Aerobatics Championship Eagle Trophy" which is presented at the "Charles Ash Memorial/Southwest Model Airplane Championship Event". Steve Kocher's photo above gives me a chance to bore hundreds more....

The borders of the five states comprising District VIII- Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, New Mexico, and Louisiana, are engraved on each side of the  walnut pentagon that is the body of the trophy. Each winner of the trophy places his name and year on it. The recipient is steward of the trophy for a year, until the next Champion takes possession of it. A smaller trophy is given the Champion to have and to hold as a reminder of his accomplishment.

Tom Farmer originated the concept, designing and commissioning the construction of the trophy. His thinking was to increase competition and participation in Stunt, specifically, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert.  Higher placing In District VIII contests rewards higher points which are tallied by an MMG. (See the above photo , also Steve Kocher's work)

dg

Offline James Holford

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2018, 11:03:41 AM »
I bore people at the trophy presentation each year by giving some history of the "Dreaded Coveted District VIII Perpetual Precision Aerobatics Championship Eagle Trophy" which is presented at the "Charles Ash Memorial/Southwest Model Airplane Championship Event". Steve Kocher's photo above gives me a chance to bore hundreds more....

The borders of the five states comprising District VIII- Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, New Mexico, and Louisiana, are engraved on each side of the  walnut pentagon that is the body of the trophy. Each winner of the trophy places his name and year on it. The recipient is steward of the trophy for a year, until the next Champion takes possession of it. A smaller trophy is given the Champion to have and to hold as a reminder of his accomplishment.

Tom Farmer originated the concept, designing and commissioning the construction of the trophy. His thinking was to increase competition and participation in Stunt, specifically, Intermediate, Advanced and Expert.  Higher placing In District VIII contests rewards higher points which are tallied by an MMG. (See the above photo , also Steve Kocher's work)

dg
I assure ya Mr. Dale. Not one bit of it was boring :)

Thanks Mr. Steve for the pics. Hope you can post more when time allows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jamie Holford
Baton Rouge Bi-Liners
Lafayette, La
AMA #1126767

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2018, 04:34:46 PM »
More...
Thanks Steve.  First time I have seen an "action" shot of my plane.  Came out nice, I really appreciate it.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here