Blank
« Last Edit: March 10, 2022, 07:51:25 PM by Air Master »

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: PayPal
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 12:39:36 PM »
  I have notice some 'operational differences" lately also. Mostly on eBay but there is usually a slight delay like you mentioned.  I would let it work it's way out and just not ship until you know everything is approved. Better safe than sorry but also don't look that gift horse in the mouth! Those are the two clichés that come to mind right now!
   Type at you later,
  Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Dallas Hanna

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 05:46:18 PM »
Hello,

This morning I sold a fellow a model airplane engine.    The guy paid me with PayPal.   

When I went to print the shipping label I noticed the money was in my balance.   The transaction said, "pending."   I could not find in the PayPal  rules what that meant.

I called PayPal.   They said the transaction was being investigated and they could take up to 72 hours to do that.  I asked why and they said they do not have to tell me that.   I asked to refund the money and sell to another person.  They said I am not allowed to do that.   They will not tell me anything. 

I have been using PayPal 20 years.   I have no claims against me ever.   A few days ago I bought water heater parts using PayPal.    All my information is current.   My account is backed by a bank account and credit card.   I have never sold banned items like guns, ammo, etc.. 

Has anyone run into this?  Does anyone know what this is about?   

Thank you.

I think it may be when the buyer hasn't a long paypal history they hold until the buyers money has cleared to their account.  Just wait for the period given and all will be fine.  Yes I have had the pending note for a couple of days and then comes the notification that the money is in the account.

DH

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 07:32:12 PM »
There is another idea to consider.   They may use this as excuse to hold people's funds so they can collect interest on them.   Think about it.  If they hold say a million dollars from releasing funds, think about how much interest income that generates. 

I am strongly considering closing my paypal after 20 years.   If they would be honest and say why my funds are held, then I would feel better.   

They are making money off this, you can bet on that.

Its not on your end. It is on the buyers end. This happened to me too and all went well ....after a while. Be patient.

Also PP has changed their method of collecting "their" money first which I think is BS, but its their site and they make da rules!

Good luck, Jerry

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 09:36:32 PM »
Maybe PP takes the money from the buyer right away, and keeps it for 3 days, then gives it to the seller.  This way they have your money for 3 days earning interest, thus boosting their profits, at your expense of time.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Gus Urtubey

• Ensign
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2021, 09:42:04 PM »
I had the same problem when buying a plane in 2016. In my case was over 2000 US so when I called them I was asked if I knew the person I was sending the money. I told them that I knew him very well but still the transaction didn't proceed.
I ended up sending a cheque and it was fine.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here