News:

• April 24, 2024, 04:29:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pat Johnstons new concourse Winner  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Oregon_Flyer

• ACE
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Pat Johnstons new concourse Winner
« on: June 05, 2006, 07:45:39 PM »
I understand that Pat Johnston [boise Idaho Power guy] has a gorgeous new '51 D that whomped on everything in sight at the NW Regionals concourse judging.  Does anyone know about this?  Got photos?  Pat, if you read this, how about show and tell please.  [ pic of trophy would be nice]

Marv

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Pat Johnstons new concourse Winner
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 08:30:52 PM »
Maybe he is too modest.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Oregon_Flyer

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 08:42:53 PM »
Doc,

I don't know if you have met Pat, but he is a gentleman through and through.  Always has time to listen and when appropriate offer some thoughts to ponder.  First time I was introduced he put me at ease and in no time at all I felt we had been friends for years.  Look in the mirror and you will see what I am talking about, it is what makes this endeavor so enjoyable, and Doc, for that I thank you and all of the other members.

Marv

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 10:14:59 PM »
I just don't think Pat does much online. Randy P. would know better, tho. I believe I have a photo of his new 'Stang, but I still haven't got my computer fixed up to download pics from the new camera.

On second thought, maybe there's a cord in the cam box that plugs straight into one o' them usb ports. I'll go check...maybe I can avoid taking the computer back to Fry's? Sounds like a win-win situation...delay the inevitable SNAFU.

By the way, you're right about Pat. An excellent modeller and human being. Always willing to help, too. Steve

PS: Pat's got a Stalker .61RE in this one, with a muffler under the tank. Slick. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 11:19:23 PM by Steve Helmick »
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Oregon_Flyer

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 07:06:20 AM »
Hi Steve,

Always good to hear from you.  Thanks for the photo post.  Pat said he thought it looked better than the previous 'Stang but he still drags his "Kitty" Bear around for backup.  I find it amazing to see this kind of workmanship but sheeesh, I'm envious as the dickens. No wonder he grabbed off the 1st place spot in the concourse event.

Marv

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »
Marv...the Bearcat is Pat's Classic entry...it's an Al Rabe design. Power is a SSW Magnum .53. I didn't see you at Regionals. Maybe I was hiding someplace, trying to stay warm & dry.  ::)  Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 12:19:27 AM »
here's Pat's planes
Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Offline Oregon_Flyer

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 07:22:23 AM »
Hi Walter,   j1

Holy cow, now thats a threesome to admire,  Thank you for taking the time to post them.

Marv

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here