News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:30:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: PAMPA VP  (Read 920 times)

Offline Matt Neumann

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
PAMPA VP
« on: January 09, 2018, 07:43:07 PM »
OK, obviously with me taking over as President my old job as VP became vacant.  Well, I am happy to announce that Dave Trible has said he will take over that position from being District 9 rep.  So now instead of trying to find a VP, we get to find a replacement for district 9.  Any takers?  I have tasked Dave to try and find replacements for those rep positions that would like to retire.  So if you live in one of those districts, you may get Dave knocking on your door asking to help.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!   :) :) :)
Matt Neumann

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: PAMPA VP
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:06:25 AM »
VP Inaugural Address.....well anyway...

Hello All.  I wanted to give a state of affairs message to the membership along with an outreach to those who might wish to become a part and help.

Pampa is going through a time of transition in several ways.  We obviously have some staff changes.  The great magazine as we have known it is having to be changed in format for budgetary and manpower reasons.  Speaking of budget Matt and Mike Strand are finalizing that.  This is required to nail down other issues like the future of the magazine,  the new much lowered dues structure ( Denny’s big goal and legacy to help our fixed income members).  A decision was made to move the renewal date forward,  March 31st I believe,  to get renew time away from the holidays and Christmas expenditures.  Since voting ballots are most cheaply mailed out with renewals the elections have been moved to coincide with that.  Right now the original By Laws are being sought out to be studied and amended to reflect these changes. 
The new and greatly improved web site is nearly complete.  It will have much more usefulness being somewhat interactive,  will have a vast library,  will carry live coverage of our major events and the district reports will move on line to greatly reduce the size and cost of the magazine.  This alone will make membership well worth the greatly reduced cost.
Now my assigned first task is that of HR Dept.  Details will follow but we need a few brave souls to step up and fill a few District Directors slots,  and a couple other areas such as advertising and a museum curator sort of to tend to the expanding photo gallery on the website.  I’m also not sure yet about the Pampa merchandise sales and plans service
These openings are occurring largely due to the ageing of some of the core staff and we just need some newer folks to fill in.
I am just getting the full roster and open spots sorted so I may be bugging a few to step up.  I know we might ask what we get out of it (or even joining and being members at all). I’d ask you to look at it a different way:  for all the hobby and others have given you over the years,  would you like to give back a little?  We need YOU.

I also want to look for some new ways to expand our general membership including going after many old RCers who are retreading back to their roots and a fresh look at our international membership and programs.

With that... look out... I’m coming after ya!

Dave
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:30:04 AM by Dave_Trible »
AMA 20934
FAA Certificate FA3ATY4T94

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 09:39:56 AM »
Hey Dave, maybe you could twist the arm of Gary Mondrey to take your position.   Yes we need some younger blood to take these positions.

My Dad when we were taking a break from cutting fire stated he was living on borrowed time at 68 years of age.   He did believe in a supreme being but I never saw him go/attend a Church.   He would have been 70 if he had lived another two weeks.  None of my half brothers reached my age and my sister is only a couple of years behind me.  I think I served my time on the CL stunt rules board and was happy to let Keith have the position.    Anyway thanks for taking the VP position. H^^
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 10:26:07 AM »
Gary...PERFECT!  :)
AMA 20934

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 10:05:14 AM »
The thought just hit me during the night of Mark Gerber and/or his wife.  Great couple.  They are out in Colorado. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 11:06:02 AM »
Doc you certainly have GREAT suggestions.  I'm going now to FED EX to make paper roster lists and will get started over the weekend.  I'd love to get equally good suggestions for Districts 4, 7, 8, 10. 
What does a District Director or VP do?  Well it's really not that much of a challenge other than motivating folks in his/her district to contribute things for writing the bi-monthly column.  Sometimes you have to create fill material if not much comes in.
It is desirable for each Director to attend the Executive Counsel meeting at the Nats each year.  If you can't make it then a stand-in or proxy from your district should be assigned to sit in for you.
You do vote on issues that come up involving major expenditures and changes.  Since we actually only see each other face to face at the annual meeting the Counsel does most of its business with chain emails these days.  We sort of have group on line meetings over a several day period until everyone has had their say then a vote is called by the President.  Most of the true business occurs this way.  So even if you can't get to the Nats you would still be directly involved in everything.
The terms are for two years.  In practice you can stay on until you wish to step down and hand off to a new Director.  Of course you could be challenged at election time but that seldom happens.
You are the voice of Pampa to the folks in your area and the conduit of whatever questions or issues your members might bring to you.  You also are the face in whatever else happens in your area such as AMA district meetings etc.  I know i receive hand written letters and emails from time to time from constituents , even some from other districts that I attempt to answer to the best of my ability.
Lastly you can be/should be the Pampa recruiter in your territory.  We always need new members and sometimes it's about talking to older former members about re-joining.  I am aware of a time more than a decade ago where there was a period of what I will call political turmoil occurred around the organization and some left.  I must say THAT time is long past,  those parties are gone and/or reconciled and it's a new day.  None of that is in this current group of folks and we wish to help and serve.  Yes the membership is down some.  Our numbers are smaller due to age mostly as many are just passing on or selling out.  All the more reason those of us who ARE left need to hang together and reach out to bring new folks in where we find them.  Get them involved, make them feel wanted and useful and they will stay with us and in the hobby.  We know some of us are born with the CL gene.  Others are there just needing to be found and cultivated.  Let's do this thing my friends........
AMA 20934

Offline Matt Neumann

• Ensign
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2018, 07:05:21 AM »
I just got word from Mike Strand that Elliot Scott will be taking over PAMPA products.  So we now have another position filled.
Matt Neumann

Offline Dave_Trible

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 03:55:01 PM »
We are still needing to fill some vacant spots.  I have feelers out for the District Directors but am very open to volunteers or suggestions for draftees.

Still looking for candidates :

Advertising Director:  This will entail being liaison with our suppliers in getting their ads into the magazine and on the website where applicable.  Experience in advertising sales, graphic arts, photography, computer graphics etc. would be very beneficial. 

Secretary/Treasurer:  A background in accounting and general office a plus.

AMA 20934

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here