News:

• June 16, 2024, 11:40:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: TOM DIXON - NATS ANNOUNCEMENT  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Jim Catevenis

• 22 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
TOM DIXON - NATS ANNOUNCEMENT
« on: July 01, 2019, 12:48:31 PM »
From Tom  Dixon       NATS,  etc.

1)    Intermediates & Beginners--- We will be at NATS for your event.  Kits, wings, or engines ordered, and paid, at NATS will ship free.  Of course, we’ll have some stock on hand too!  Our
         Profile kits are what you need !

2)    We have Max Bee wings available (Igor Burger design…World Champion) for $150.00.   These are triple cored and fully sheeted with 1/16 “ contest balsa.  Stub spars installed.

3)   Ringmaster S-1 kits available.  Fully sheeted, cored foam wings with original airfoil.  OTS legal.  $125.00 plus shipping.

4)   I am hoping Sig can deliver fuel to me for the NATS   If so, I’ll bring as much as I can. (Just notified, fuel shipped July 1st).

5)   Stalker . 66RE,  .46SE, .40SE, .76RE in stock..  ,51 SE due shortly, possibly by NATS.  I’m flying .76RE in my PA open plane.

Remember, credit cards no longer accepted.

Tom Dixon
Controline Sales, LLC
315 Santa Anita Ave.
Woodstock, Ga. 30189
Phone/fax 770-592-3279

JCAT

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: TOM DIXON - NATS ANNOUNCEMENT
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 01:07:07 PM »
Remember, credit cards no longer accepted.

Bitcoin it is, then?

Brett

Offline Fred Quedenfeld jr

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 01:18:26 PM »
The Sterling S-1 ringmaster was NOT a foam wing How can that be Legal for OTS
The Sterling S-1A was not allowed???????????
Where is the official  guideline
Fred Q

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 05:03:40 PM »
  Bitcoin it is, then?

Brett

😂

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 06:41:27 PM »
  Bitcoin it is, then?

Brett

Bitcoin? Thats old school

Its Libra now

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 09:32:08 AM »
I got in on Initiative Q recently. Not sure it's going to pan out but after seeing a buddy make $17,000 on Bitcoin I figured what the hell. We all laughed at him until he cashed out. Initiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of payment cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it's ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There's nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot. If you missed getting bitcoin seven years ago, you wouldn't want to miss this. Here is my invite link:

https://initiativeq.com/invite/BWkoMlG0X
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 09:43:24 AM »
I got in on Initiative Q recently. Not sure it's going to pan out but after seeing a buddy make $17,000 on Bitcoin I figured what the hell. We all laughed at him until he cashed out.

It might be possible to make money on these cryptocurrencies, but a completely virtual system with no regulation or applicable laws is exceptionally prone to manipulation. Bitcoin is a perfect example, with at least 2 "pump and dump" cycles already, and a new one in progress, with the people doing the manipulation making out like bandits and most people getting royally screwed. It invites every sort of scam, because everyone is proud of the fact that it's completely uncontrolled and "free". Bitcoin has no intrinsic value, it's worth only what you can get for it. Paper money has no intrinsic value, either, but its created and use is strictly regulated by force of law. None of that exists with any cryptocurrency, by design. The inventors consider this a feature, but it's also a bug.

I am sure you know what you are letting yourself in for, but most people (like the computer nerds who keep inventing these things) are typically stunningly naive and fall for the same ancient scams over and over.

Brett

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2019, 09:54:00 AM »
I think I will go up to Tom at Muncie and tell him I hear he now takes Bitcoin.    LL~
Steve

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2019, 10:44:10 AM »
I think I will go up to Tom at Muncie and tell him I hear he now takes Bitcoin.    LL~

Check his Compuserv channel, Gopher site, or RSS feed first, so there is no misunderstanding. Or you could just send him a message over IRC.

Brett

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2019, 05:52:05 PM »
I have a question.  Why doesn't Tom just join the forum?

Mike

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2019, 06:01:50 PM »
The Sterling S-1 ringmaster was NOT a foam wing How can that be Legal for OTS
The Sterling S-1A was not allowed???????????
Where is the official  guideline
Fred Q
Good question. I'd be curious to see the answer myself.

Gary
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline Shorts,David

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2019, 06:21:51 PM »
As I understand, if the plane outline matches the plans, it's good to go. Doesn't matter if it's made out of balsa, plywood, carbon matted, foam, or chocolate. Just needs to be the exact dimensions.

David

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 08:38:24 PM »
As I understand, if the plane outline matches the plans, it's good to go. Doesn't matter if it's made out of balsa, plywood, carbon matted, foam, or chocolate. Just needs to be the exact dimensions.

David

The theory is that the sag of the covering between the ribs is not present with a foam wing. That's the theory behind the fact that the S1A kit from Sterling/Estes is not legal, since it has LE sheeting. This has long been deemed to be a "performance" modification, therefore not allowed.

Brett

Offline Derek Barry

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2019, 09:10:33 PM »
    The theory is that the sag of the covering between the ribs is not present with a foam wing. That's the theory behind the fact that the S1A kit from Sterling/Estes is not legal, since it has LE sheeting. This has long been deemed to be a "performance" modification, therefore not allowed.

Brett

Yep, it makes them fly like a Shark.

Derek

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2019, 09:12:22 PM »
Yep, it makes them fly like a Shark.

I'm just the messenger....

Offline Jim Svitko

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2019, 09:17:18 PM »
I have a question.  Why doesn't Tom just join the forum?

Mike

Tom said he never learned to type so that is one reason he is not on the forum.

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2019, 09:02:00 AM »
Brett,
You did not buy early and dump at the top of Bitcoin?
Chris...

Offline EricV

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2019, 09:32:08 AM »

Brett

One of Toms specialties is doing semi-sheeted foam wings with fake rib strips and the like, so you can't tell them from a built up wing when covered, perhaps he is doing something similar with the ring wing mentioned here, though a ring wing is so thin, it makes me wonder how much it can be cored, and how light it will be compared to a standard built up wing. I know that was an issue with the old Sig mustang... but if Tom says it is OTS legal, I am guessing he "found a way" to meet the letter of the rules somehow.
EricV

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here