News:

• May 04, 2024, 11:55:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: American  (Read 1708 times)

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
American
« on: January 18, 2022, 01:23:30 PM »
In the post about the Tuskegee Airmen they refer to them as African American.  Were they born in Africa and them become American citizens?   I guess I could refer to my self as Irish American or French American or what ever country my anchesters came from.  In fact with the spelling of my last name I could have relations from Germany.  In fact how many of todays black people have relatives going back to Africa?  In fact there were a lot of white slaves in the early history of America. R%%%%

Administrater you have my permision to do what ever you want with this post. S?P
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: American
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 03:56:48 PM »
John, I think that this video may answer your question. ;
We all fly model airplanes, correct? D>K I always thought that we were model airplane flyers at the end of the day. H^^
That may have been a skit BUT, my wife is half Japanese and half Korean.  You have no idea how many times we have played that game for real, except for the girl's fabulous response.

Great post - Ken

ps: I am going to show that to my daughters!  Might be able to use it!
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline qaz049

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 04:25:48 PM »
In the post about the Tuskegee Airmen they refer to them as African American.  Were they born in Africa and them become American citizens?   I guess I could refer to my self as Irish American or French American or what ever country my anchesters came from.  In fact with the spelling of my last name I could have relations from Germany.  In fact how many of todays black people have relatives going back to Africa?  In fact there were a lot of white slaves in the early history of America. R%%%%

Administrater you have my permision to do what ever you want with this post. S?P

That's an interesting question you've asked  there John, not many people would put an opinion like that into words.

It does have an answer, and I do have data supporting it at hand. I won't go into too much depth because I expect that the topic will be shut down rather quickly.

Yes, there were "white slaves" in the US but perhaps not in the way you think.

The attachments are screen shots of an Ancestry DNA test and it compares the ethnicity estimates of two individuals of my acquaintance. The photo shows the AA chap who owns the ethnicity estimate on the RHS. He's in his 20's and lives in California. I've blanked out the names for reasons of privacy. Ancestry organizes their estimates in percentages.  An individuals total may may sum to less than 100%. The reason for this is trivial.

Note the map representing the place of origin of the chaps DNA. Almost 50/50 African/European with just a touch of Amerindian. Compare the African regions shown with a map of the Slave Trade routes. Match Perfectly.

We could discuss this data for hours.

In the grand history of African Slavery only about 5% of the total (~12-15 Million) reached the US. Interestingly today AA represent about 14% of the total US population. This is because slaves were bred by owners. It is estimated that each female slave had nine children. The fathers of the children were very often the slave owner or his sons or his neighbor's. Africans could transform into whites in about three generations. So in parts of the US almost every white person can carry African DNA. Just like the chap who owns the DNA on the LHS in the Ancestry test attached.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 04:41:59 PM »
I think John brings up a good point.  To me it is really simple, if you were born in this country, you are an American.  I dont care where your relatives came from.  This hyphenated American stuff is silly.  Political correctness is stupid and if we are not careful at some point we are going to lose the language.  I tell everyone I am an American by birth and a Southerner by the grace of GOD.

Mike

Offline Larry Wong

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 10:01:47 PM »
I think John brings up a good point.  To me it is really simple, if you were born in this country, you are an American.  I dont care where your relatives came from.  This hyphenated American stuff is silly.  Political correctness is stupid and if we are not careful at some point we are going to lose the language.  I tell everyone I am an American by birth and a Southerner by the grace of GOD.

Mike
.  Thank you Mike<><  I have been in this situation and I did ask them the same. Im born American served MY country, its who I am.no one said America is a certain race.
Larry

Believing is the Beginning to greatness <><

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 01:23:56 PM »
Finally watched the video of the young lady.   I love her response. D>K 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 06:23:22 PM »

I don't say this to vilify any American because overall, I have found that with every single race/creed of people, there are both good and bad. You can't judge each book by the cover only.

Absolutely, and I find it particularly sad that so many people seem to have lost that idea, and insist on strictly stereotyping people based on race/sex, etc. While proclaiming themselves the champions of civil rights!

Brett

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 10:21:48 AM »
   Absolutely, and I find it particularly sad that so many people seem to have lost that idea, and insist on strictly stereotyping people based on race/sex, etc. While proclaiming themselves the champions of civil rights!

Brett

Exactly...and using a white male in the video champions their stereotyping bias.
Bill P.

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2022, 10:54:28 AM »
Exactly...and using a white male in the video champions their stereotyping bias.

Well BillP, That pretty much brought the thread to a halt didn't it?!  well done! Lord knows there's certainly enough irony about the planet to go around and around and around etc. etc.

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2022, 11:07:01 AM »
You beat me to it Ted.  Thank you.

Mike

Online Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2022, 04:27:49 PM »
I wanted to show that video to someone, but it seems Mr. Ghoster has deleted the post.  Too bad, it was worth watching again.

Ken
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dwayne Donnelly

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • Balsa Beavers Toronto Canada
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2022, 04:57:48 PM »
I wanted to show that video to someone, but it seems Mr. Ghoster has deleted the post.  Too bad, it was worth watching again.

Ken

Here you go Ken, it is good.  lol

My purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here