News:

• April 24, 2024, 10:33:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OTS & ARF'S  (Read 1905 times)

Offline old fart

• ACE
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
OTS & ARF'S
« on: February 27, 2006, 07:02:52 AM »
ARF'S & ELECTRIC'S IN OLD TIME STUNT? AS I SEE IT O.T.S. IS A EVENT FOR AIRCRAFT & ENGINE'S  OF THE DAY,BACK THEN THERE WERE NO PLASTIC COVERINGS ,PRE BUILT AIRFRAMES,NO NY-CAD DRIVEN BRUSHLESS WHATEVER,IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE SKILLS OR TIME TO BUILD [TRUE] THE SPIRIT OF THE EVENT WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO COMPETE IN SUCH A LOW KEY EVENT AS O.T.SO AS FAR AS THE ARF'S GO MOST ARE NOT TRUE TO THE AIRFRAMS, BACK THEN, IE. ARF. SMOOTHY CHECK THE AIRFOIL WITH THE PLANS OF YEARS PAST [BOB PLLMER GOD REST HIS SOUL ] MAY HAVE BEEN A BIT CONFUSED AS JUST HE WAS FLYING BACK THEN BUT YOU CAN BE SURE IT WAS NOT COVERED IN MONOCOTE OR BUILT IN A FACTORY IN CHINA.

EDIT: for spacing
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 07:16:38 AM by Robert Storick »
RON SMITH

Offline old fart

• ACE
  • Ensign
Re: OTS & ARF'S
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 07:25:35 AM »
   SORRY FOR THE RANT. ;D ;D BUT IF YOU LOOK AT THE OLD  PDQ KIT THE LEADING EDGE WAS A CHUNK OF LUMBER THE BEST THE RAIN FOREST HAD TO OFFER. :) :)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 07:28:15 AM by Robert Storick »
RON SMITH

Offline old fart

• ACE
  • Ensign
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 07:32:56 AM »
   SORRY FOR THE RANT. ;D ;D BUT IF YOU LOOK AT THE OLD  PDQ KIT THE LEADING EDGE WAS A CHUNK OF LUMBER THE BEST THE RAIN FOREST HAD TO OFFER. :) :)
  TALKING OF THE SUPER CLOWN
RON SMITH

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 07:33:49 AM »
Sorry for the edits, I just wanted to make it easer for people to understand your thoughts.
AMA 12366

Offline Jim Thomerson

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 02:07:54 PM »
There is a range of variation in how people see OTS.  Some folks like to build and fly replicas as exact as they can get them in construction and power.  Others like to use modern building techniques and use modern engines.  It is a very broad and accommodating event.  I feel like an OTS airplane should look like it should.  It should look like the wing is built the way the plans show, for example.  I am building my fourth Dmeco Stuntwing.  The lighter they are the better they fly.  The plan construction is a fairly large solid shaped leading edge, then sheeting.  The whole thing being not quite 1.5 in wide.  I just made a couple of moulded leading edges out of two layers of 1/32 sheet.  Very light and will look like the original construction to an observer.  I don't like spars and sheeting where the original did not have same, however.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here