News:

• April 25, 2024, 05:26:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: OT Skunk sweet revenge  (Read 1485 times)

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
OT Skunk sweet revenge
« on: September 22, 2006, 07:12:58 AM »
Went out to check the trap this morning, got that sucker  j1

Offline Louis Rankin

• Commander
Re: OT Skunk sweet revenge
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 07:29:54 AM »
Poor little feller.  What are you going to do with him?
Louis Rankin
Somerville Tennessee
AMA 10859

Offline Tom Perry

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 07:59:07 AM »
How do you get him/her out of the trap without receiving a dose?
 **)
Tight lines,

Tom Perry
 Norfolk, Virginia

Offline Herman Green

• 24 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 08:26:20 AM »

There are lots of skunks out there, how do you know you got the right one?  The one you trapped may be perfectly innocent!

Herman
Herman Green - 164164

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 08:33:14 AM »
Have been told you can walk up on a trapped skunk by holding a blanket or sheet up in front of you so the skunk can't see you then just drop it over the trap. My understanding is they won't spray when they are covered and you can pick the whole thing up and walk off without a problem..

I didn't try that, a 22 hollow point right between the eyes was my solution. However I was also told they won't spray or stink if you hit them in the head.. I can tell you first hand that isn't true :)

Herman, I am sure it wasn't the guilty party, this was an adult and the one that got Gigi was was a pup. Doesn't matter, I am going to reduce the local skunk population one way or the other...

Offline Ken Deboy

• Commander
    • Silk and Dope
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 08:41:28 AM »
Isn't a hollow point a little messy? SOlid would have done it. Also if you use a CB Short there is almost no noise. If I remember correctly, there was a bounty on skunks when I was a lot younger.

cheers,
Ken
There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 09:37:13 AM »
Bob,
         OT S (kunk)   Does this mean your next Old time stunter will be Black and White?   <= <= Couldn't resist a comment!

Roger
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 10:44:24 AM »
Hi Roger,

Might build a Little Stinker just for the heck of it  ;D  Better yet make some little skunk decals and start putting them on the nose of my Ringmaster..

OT stands for Off Topic, I was trying to be respectful of those that only want to read about airplanes but now that we have mentioned Old Time Stunt guess that makes it OK  ;)

Deboy, Hollow point was just what happened to be in the old Winchester, have also been trying to get a coyote that's hanging around so just in case.. I am far enough out that a 22 isn't a problem but if I was closer in CB caps would be just the ticket.

Offline Ironbomb

• AMA Member
  • Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2006, 11:46:50 AM »
Hey Bob, nice shot  f~     

that CB Short is a riot, it IS really queit.

And skunk kill markings on your plane,  **)    I like it! I bumped you one for that  ;)

Greg

Beating the crap out of the ground, one airplane at a time

Greg Bossio
AMA 834382

Offline Ralph Wenzel (d)

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2006, 01:29:36 PM »
Have been told you can walk up on a trapped skunk by holding a blanket or sheet up in front of you so the skunk can't see you then just drop it over the trap. My understanding is they won't spray when they are covered and you can pick the whole thing up and walk off without a problem..

I didn't try that, a 22 hollow point right between the eyes was my solution. However I was also told they won't spray or stink if you hit them in the head.. I can tell you first hand that isn't true :)

Herman, I am sure it wasn't the guilty party, this was an adult and the one that got Gigi was was a pup. Doesn't matter, I am going to reduce the local skunk population one way or the other...

I applied the same hollowpoint solution to a 'possum that attacked one of our Papillon pups one night. It just walked through the doggy door and started biting; never heard a dog scream before.

Unfortunately, I forgot that the revolver was loaded with 22MAG hollowpoints. Hard to believe that one 'possum could bleed so much!

(Too many irons; not enough fire)

Ralph Wenzel
AMA 495785 League City, TX

Offline Bill Sawyer

• Commander
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2006, 02:46:11 PM »
Well you may get rid of that one but there is probably another one near by, They mate for life and you will probably have to deal with it's mate.
Bill Sawyer
AMA 53987
Windancer Models

Offline madcustoms

• New Pilot
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2006, 04:01:22 PM »
Well you may get rid of that one but there is probably another one near by, They mate for life and you will probably have to deal with it's mate.

Guess you can set up a ambush for the rest of the family when they come to thr funeral :X

Here on the farm we have been shooting about 3-4 skunks a week,this is a common thing for this time of year..??

Matt

Offline Lee Thiel

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2006, 05:04:05 PM »
Bob, next time use a 357 mag. hollow point.  Then you won't even have to open the cage to remove the lil stinker. haha  I took all 5 off my skunks to town and let them loose behind my old shop.  Ready for the dumpster divers now. Heh heh
Lee TGD
AMA791773CD

Offline W.D. Roland

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2006, 06:34:15 PM »
For the cyote---m-1 or hk91--he will never even see you!
David Roland

Offline Jim Pollock

• Admiral
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2006, 06:03:42 PM »
Bob,

.22 hollow point???  Noooooooo, use a .45-70!   %^  He won't squirt then, but you may not find too much left!  Oh well,  keep on keeping on!!

Jim Pollock  ;)   

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here