News:

• April 24, 2024, 10:36:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ordering from Brodak - problems?  (Read 665 times)

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Ordering from Brodak - problems?
« on: September 19, 2019, 05:29:20 PM »
Anyone having trouble ordering multiple items from Brodak? When using the web site adding the first item to the shopping cart it froze and would not continue shopping. I tried exiting and opening it but had the same issue. Anyone fine this problem over the last few days?

Best,    DennisT

Offline Tom Luciano

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Ordering from Brodak - problems?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 05:34:26 PM »
Just ordered multiple items on monday. Received on Wednesday

Tom
AMA 13001

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 09:20:31 PM »
I'm finding more every day some websites literally refuse to function with some browsers.  I spend a lot of time on eBay and PayPal with Internet Explorer.  Recently I've encountered a couple of "must do" tasks that simply will not complete using Internet Explorer, had to run Chrome to complete them.  Unfortunately, this seems to be a preview of the future.

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Dennis Toth

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2019, 05:51:42 AM »
I went back later using my old iPad and the order went through just fine. Don't know if there has been an update to Windows 10 that caused it or just a server thing. If you have trouble try a different browser or machine (iPad or android).

Best,    DennisT

Offline Dave Moritz

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 09:04:58 AM »
I too am having problems at various sites. Many with Internet Explorer and some with Chrome, all installed on my old (by industry standards) desktop computer. My fallback is an I-Pad, also dated, but it continues to work well. Not sure what is going on. I've tried various mods on the desktop unit suggested by online advice boards, but to no avail. So it goes.

Dave Mo...
It’s a very strange world we live in, Master Jack.” (4 Jacks and a Jill)

Offline George Albo

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2019, 09:35:08 AM »
I too am having problems at various sites. Many with Internet Explorer and some with Chrome, all installed on my old (by industry standards) desktop computer. My fallback is an I-Pad, also dated, but it continues to work well. Not sure what is going on. I've tried various mods on the desktop unit suggested by online advice boards, but to no avail. So it goes.

Dave Mo...

Me three. We are being forced to ditch our old, solid computers and operating systems for newer ones with at least Windows 10 installed along with the newer "updated" browsers. The websites are therefore caught in the middle.

The net  is using httml5 technology which is at odds with older systems and browsers so we get stuck with,  ".somesuch.com......uses an unsupported protocol."  when we try to get on our favorite sites using the older html.  I learned about this the hard way. (one day I have Netflix running fine on my dinosaur. The very next day, my browser is no longer supported. No matter what work around I've tried.

I have had some success using the following browsers K-Meleon, Firefox, and Seamonkey running on my Dell windows xp pro. I have all three on my system. Where one does not let you get on your favorite site, another one will. 

I will milk this computer until it cries Uncle or just outright fizzles, flashes and mimics a 4th of July event!
Darkness is dispelled with acts of kindness and selfless good deeds.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here