News:

• April 19, 2024, 08:15:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Officials on the field ?  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Terrence Durrill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Officials on the field ?
« on: July 18, 2016, 11:29:05 AM »
     Question:  

Have FAA Officials showed up at the Nats yet to "take names and kick butt"?  Anybody under arrest?......Anybody in jail yet?  Just wondering.    D>K    H^^
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:11:59 PM by Terrence Durrill »

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Officials on the field ?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 11:34:14 AM »
     Question: 

Have FAA Officials showed up at the Nats yet to "take names and kick butt"?  Anybody under arrest......anybody in jail yet.  Just wondering.    D>K    H^^

Now that's a TROLL if ever I heard one!  Funny too!   LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 05:34:06 PM »
Question: Have FAA Officials showed up at the Nats yet to "take names and kick butt"? Anybody under arrest......anybody in jail yet. Just wondering. D>K H^^

I would say they could, but I doubt it. They are a small agency with limited staffing. If there are sufficient complaints or someone gets seriously injured or killed by a model plane, then one might see them.
Anyway, YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary). D>K

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 05:55:45 PM »
Can the FAA access AMA's site (private property)? Can the AMA tell them to go away? Would FAA need a warrant or some judicial permission to "raid" private property?

At the county/muni airport my brother hangs around (rewiring FUBAR avionic electricals), when the FAA's black SUV's with blacked out windows arrives, the phones ring at all the hangars and the doors all close and lock. The FAA is stuck out in the blazing desert sun, wandering around on the scorching hot pavement, picking nits on the planes unlucky enough to be tied down outside. When the FAA leaves, activities resume.  ;D Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 06:21:36 PM »
Can the FAA access AMA's site (private property)? Can the AMA tell them to go away? Would FAA need a warrant or some judicial permission to "raid" private property?

At the county/muni airport my brother hangs around (rewiring FUBAR avionic electricals), when the FAA's black SUV's with blacked out windows arrives, the phones ring at all the hangars and the doors all close and lock. The FAA is stuck out in the blazing desert sun, wandering around on the scorching hot pavement, picking nits on the planes unlucky enough to be tied down outside. When the FAA leaves, activities resume.  ;D Steve

It's not an official airport under their jurisdiction I'm fairly sure they would need a Federal Warrant to investigate anything.  They probably could get one if they really wanted.  However I don't see anything like that happening.  They likely aren't even aware of the event and don't care anyway!

They can't even control the big airports and airline companies why would they waste time on a small potatoes thing like a model airplane contest.  My guess is the AMA tends to make more out of this stuff than it actually warrants!  I doubt that they have more than one full time junior level person that is tasked with keeping an eye on UAVs

Randy Cuberly

« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 12:21:02 PM by Randy Cuberly »
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Jeff Traxler

• T-Bone
  • 2019 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 07:34:05 AM »
Did'nt see the FAA but there is a rude lady on a golf cart trying to make sure no one has a good time............
If you wanna sing the blues(Fly Stunt) you gotta pay your dues and "I know it don't come easy"

Online Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 08:07:57 AM »
Jeff - what's the story on that woman?
Bob Z.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 09:32:22 AM »
If he's talking about the one I think he is,  he better read and follow the rules.  Ask Henry Nelson about the year he wanted the racing schedule changed to suit his airline mis scheduling.   I can tell you also if it is the lady I'm thinking of,  she is a real sweet heart and a lot of guys will back her up. mw~ VD~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Online Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 11:40:42 AM »
Hi, John - just the same. I'd like to hear Jeff's story.

Bob Z.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here