News:

• April 27, 2024, 02:46:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Wrist-Cam View...Hand Movements  (Read 2364 times)

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
    • Sean Emery funny guy juggling and stuff
Wrist-Cam View...Hand Movements
« on: August 05, 2014, 11:05:55 PM »
I wanted to see what my hand was doing with the handle so I strapped my Mobius camera to my wrist to see a pattern. I left out some laps and did an extra stunt or two for practice.
Was curious to see the movements on inverted flight....trying to keep the plane level in the wind.
Thankee for watching it.
Shug

Continuing Stunt Pattern Practice

« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 07:32:55 AM by Shug Emery »
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Wrist-Cam View...Hand Movements
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 08:22:15 AM »
Had my grandson watch the video of the hand movements.  Thank for the video as it shows sometimes we make to drastic a movement of the wrist at times. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 09:23:20 AM »
Continuing Stunt Pattern Practice

Looks like you've got it pretty much figured out Shug. Nothing but handle time needed now.
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 11:05:22 AM »
Rock on Shug!!!

Bring in the clowns.  :##
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline dirty dan

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 12:05:20 PM »
My second thought was that it would be interesting to see this done with either Jim Aaron or Pat Johnston wiggling the handle. Then I realized such would cause one and all to projectile vomit on their keyboard.

Dan
Dan Rutherford

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 07:55:57 PM »
Rock on Shug!!!

Bring in the clowns.  :##
The Clowns are always ready.......

My second thought was that it would be interesting to see this done with either Jim Aaron or Pat Johnston wiggling the handle. Then I realized such would cause one and all to projectile vomit on their keyboard.

Dan
Not sure who those fellers are but a puke inducing handle mover has me curious 'n excited)))))
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 11:16:12 PM »
if we're talking about Pat Johnston from Boise, he's the man!! he sent me a set of plans and laser cut rib set I've been building. he's an amazing designer and all around good dude to talk to.

outstanding job with the vids shug. keep 'em coming

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 11:52:28 PM »
I'd like to see Shug keep his handle vertical for both upright and inverted, and FOR SURE, keep the thumb off the top of the handle. The latter indicates that your plane is possibly not turning equally inside/outside or you have serious insecurities about turning the outside corners.

Interesting video! You owe me a new keyboard...  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Shug Emery

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
  • Whoooo Buddy))))
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2014, 06:58:48 AM »
if we're talking about Pat Johnston from Boise, he's the man!! he sent me a set of plans and laser cut rib set I've been building. he's an amazing designer and all around good dude to talk to.

Thankee......good to know.

I'd like to see Shug keep his handle vertical for both upright and inverted, and FOR SURE, keep the thumb off the top of the handle. The latter indicates that your plane is possibly not turning equally inside/outside or you have serious insecurities about turning the outside corners.

Interesting video! You owe me a new keyboard...  LL~ Steve
Yessir....part of doing this video was about me seeing what my hand was doing. The thumb seems to go on and off. I'll see in time what happens there. Kinda like a golf club grip or a bat grip....reckon it varies for many. I would not think the thumb on top would be bad...seems to give a bit more oomph.
Time will tell.....
Whoooooo Buddy)))))))

Offline dirty dan

• Commander
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 12:48:23 PM »

Yes, we are talking about the same man. And as I know him a lot better than you do, please let me inform you that you don't know even half the reasons Pat is so highly regarded by myself and many others. That's simply a fact.

Still, while flying CL Stunt Pat is an arm-waver of the highest caliber. It's stunning to see, to the point where one wonders how in the heck his patterns look as good as they do, how he consistently avoids what surely looks to be a coming yard-sale right there in the circle.

Dan

Dan Rutherford

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 05:54:46 PM »
I was told. As I said, I was told that some, probably just one, but maybe some, fliers keep their arm still in place and just use their wrist.

That is, they don't follow the aircraft with that fully extended arm.

I may try that, there could be benefits?

Anyone know anything about that technique?

Shug, outstanding.

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2014, 09:48:26 AM »
Go watch videos of all of our national champions and others that compete.   Only one I have seen that barely moves his arm is Billy Werwage and I've watched him many times at VSC.   They follow the plane with the arm and use the wrist to set the controls.  Don't ever watch me unless you want a lesson on how not to fly stunt.   LL~ LL~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2014, 07:19:07 AM »
Go watch videos of all of our national champions and others that compete.   Only one I have seen that barely moves his arm is Billy Werwage and I've watched him many times at VSC.   They follow the plane with the arm and use the wrist to set the controls.  Don't ever watch me unless you want a lesson on how not to fly stunt.   LL~ LL~
Doc, I bet you're exaggerating your stunt ineptitude.
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline Mark Scarborough

• Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2014, 03:09:47 PM »
Yes, we are talking about the same man. And as I know him a lot better than you do, please let me inform you that you don't know even half the reasons Pat is so highly regarded by myself and many others. That's simply a fact.

Still, while flying CL Stunt Pat is an arm-waver of the highest caliber. It's stunning to see, to the point where one wonders how in the heck his patterns look as good as they do, how he consistently avoids what surely looks to be a coming yard-sale right there in the circle.

Dan

to true,, to true,, I fly with Pat a fair amount,, I found myself flying a bit like him for awhile,, I settled down,, added some throw to my handle spacing and now am much more composed in the circle center,,

Pat is also one of the most genuine nice guys around,, and a dynamo as well,
For years the rat race had me going around in circles, Now I do it for fun!
EXILED IN PULLMAN WA
AMA 842137

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here