News:

• April 18, 2024, 09:51:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Off topic. Not C/L  (Read 575 times)

Offline Tony Drago

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Off topic. Not C/L
« on: December 31, 2018, 01:35:34 PM »
This will take you to facebook page. A friend in H.S. had a dream to one day have is own Dragster. Many years later His son Andi built the Imposter. Andi is the one driving in the video. It was built using all period correct componets. Also they run 100% Nitro. Stickly a Cackle fest show pleaser

SkidMark Productions Drag Video is at Eagle Field Runway Drags.
October 20 · Firebaugh, CA ·
Modern fuel motors are an awesome assault to the senses, but old school fuel motors the way they were built in the 60's and 70's had a sound that was sweeter...like music! Andi Humenik in the "Imposter" gives us a little taste of that song!

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Off topic. Not C/L
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 02:52:44 PM »
It will be a while before they convert to electric LL~   LL~
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline Chuck_Smith

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 06:18:51 PM »
Nice, I like that they kept it rich to get the header flames. I've never driven a slingshot but its got to be scary with the engine at your toes, the trans between your legs and the pumpkin at your back. No puke tank either, so anything that blows out the breathers you end up wearing. Big Daddy, Connie, Karamisines, TV Tommy,  I've talked to all of them and they loved those cars.

Chuck
AMA 76478

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2018, 06:28:15 PM »

VERY COOL CAR! Looks just like it should too, and a real-deal nitro burner! Great looking all period design, not like a lot of the new-build Slingshots that just don't look "right" and fail to capture the era. The vid is a great "fix" here in the middle of a Minnesota winter, thanks!
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2018, 06:32:36 PM »

...and the pumpkin at your back. 

The pumpkin sits in your crotch, and the header flames are typical at dusk with Nitro.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2019, 11:49:10 AM »
I too have wanted to drive a nitro dragster or funny car, but I still got thrills driving my 64 Ford Fairlaine 2dr hardtop 289cu v-8.   Even today I wonder how they could pack so much fuel into those cylinders with out locking up the engine. D>K

By the way I think the rear engine dragster saved a few lives.  Ever seen the video of Don Garlits winning a race while sliding backwards across the finish line.  Seen at his museum in Florida when we stopped there one year.   The dragster is even on display showing how it was twisted out of shape during that race. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here