News:

• April 20, 2024, 05:57:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: ..Of Brass Plated Lines and Military Front Lines ....  (Read 3373 times)

Offline frank williams

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
..Of Brass Plated Lines and Military Front Lines ....
« on: February 20, 2022, 02:09:15 PM »
I pray for our modeling friends in Ukraine.

I got several sets of the brass plated steel 3 strand lines from Controlline Parts and have been flying them for the past week or so.  The are excellent.  I gave the unusual looking stamps on the package to my grandson and showed him the marking on the package that said it was mailed in Kiev.  We got out the globe and located it with respect to the US.  So many fine controlline modelers in the Ukraine now in harms way.  So many people may be displaced by war, if it occurs.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to our Ukrainian friends.

Offline Brett Buck

• Admiral
Re: ..Of Brass Plated Lines and Military Front Lines ....
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2022, 03:28:10 PM »
Joe Biden will save us.

He will form a superteam of Biden, Millard Fillmore, and the leprechauns, and go kick *ss!

Brett

Online Dick Byron

• Vendor
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2022, 05:03:37 PM »
BRANDON Just a U. P. S..... useless piece of sh..!!!

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2022, 05:52:29 PM »
Putin was KGB.  It has been his plan all along to but the Soviet Union back together. 

Mike

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2022, 07:13:19 PM »

I got several sets of the brass plated steel 3 strand lines from Controlline Parts and have been flying them for the past week or so.  The are excellent.  I gave the unusual looking stamps on the package to my grandson and showed him the marking on the package that said it was mailed in Kiev.  We got out the globe and located it with respect to the US.  So many fine controlline modelers in the Ukraine now in harms way.  So many people may be displaced by war, if it occurs.

Amen
AMA 15382
If it is not broke you are not trying hard enough.
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2022, 09:42:27 PM »

Amen, Frank.  I worry about our friends there.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline Crist Rigotti

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Electric - The future of Old Time Stunt
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2022, 10:11:37 PM »
Yeah, They are in my prayers.
Crist
AMA 482497
Waxahachie, TX
Electric - The Future of Old Time Stunt

Offline Walter Hicks

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2022, 12:36:55 PM »
Igor Panchenko is from the Ukraine, I believe he still lives here in the United States, He needs our prayers and support as I am sure he has family in the Ukraine. Igor is a wonderful person who for years flew at contests in the Southern Ca area. He has not flow for several years I miss him.

Offline Steve Glass

• Lieutenant
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2022, 01:14:43 AM »
And so it begins

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2022, 03:28:16 AM »
Our president said he is working to reduce the upcoming gas price increases due to Russia.   Sadly, this president must be brain dead.  We were energy independent before he took over and he deliberately reversed it.   When Biden is done America as we know it will be gone.  Why isn't there competency tests one must pass to run for president. Omitting proof of competency is one error our founding fathers clearly made.
It's not our president's fault.  It's we the people's fault.  He got elected by we the people.   HB~>
John Rist
AMA 56277

Offline John Park

• Agricola
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2022, 05:54:06 AM »
As an Englishman, I'm very well acquainted with European affairs as they played out in the late 1930s.  I have an eerie sense of deja vu, and I can only hope that our leaders in the West play things a lot tougher and smarter than they did in those years.  I've also got a nasty feeling that China would be very happy to see us and Russia weakened and distracted by a stupid and unnecessary war that everybody but Vladimir Putin knows Russia can't win.
(A final thought: I don't think Vlad would be acting this way if Donald Trump were still POTUS, any more than old Adolf would have acted the way he did if Winston Churchill had been our Prime Minister in the late 1930s instead of that weak fool Neville Chamberlain.)
You want to make 'em nice, else you get mad lookin' at 'em!

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2022, 10:25:17 AM »
I don't believe anything the US government says about ... anything.

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Mark wood

• 22 supporter
  • Captain
  • I'm here purely for the fun of it.
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2022, 10:32:12 AM »
America's invasion and ruinization of Iraq was totally unjustified and based on fabricated evidence and lies.   How do we know what is and has been said about Russia is true?  I have not forgotten all the fabricated videos and lies about Sadam.   They just established all the hype about Russia helping Trump was lies and fabricated. I don't believe anything the US government says about this or the virus.

You aren't sailing an empty ship on that one....
Life is good AMA 1488
Why do we fly? We are practicing, you might say, what it means to be alive...  -Richard Bach
“Physics is like sex: sure, it may give some practical results, but that’s not why we do it.” – Richard P. Feynman

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2022, 12:23:14 PM »
Watching Biden debate Putin would be hilarious if not so pathetic.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2022, 12:32:15 PM »
有钱的人总是主宰一切,那是中国,我的朋友。特朗普谈到一个临界点是 25 万亿,现在是 30 万亿。我们破产了,依赖俄罗斯和中国的能源。可悲的事态
Thanslated that is:
yǒu qián de rén zǒng shì zhǔ zǎi yí qiè , nà shì zhōng guó , wǒ de péng yǒu 。 tè lǎng pǔ tán dào yí gè lín jiè diǎn shì 25 wàn yì , xiàn zài shì 30 wàn yì 。 wǒ men pò chǎn le , yī lài é luó sī hé zhōng guó de néng yuán 。 kě bēi de shì tài
 LL~
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Bill Morell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2022, 12:39:59 PM »
It's not our president's fault.  It's we the people's fault.  He got elected by we the people.   HB~>

Not by me.
Bill Morell
It wasn't that you could and others couldn't, its that you did and others didn't.
Vietnam 72-73
  Better to have it and not need it than it is to need it and not have it.

Offline John Gluth

• Ensign
  • Knight 1992
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2022, 01:09:43 PM »
As of November 3, 2020, We are One Nation under fraud.
Good answers come only from asking the right questions.

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2022, 01:31:52 PM »
Somebody needs to have a "talk" behind the barn with "we the people".  Elections have consequences, ours have worldwide consequences. 

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2022, 01:41:47 PM »
有钱的人总是主宰一切,那是中国,我的朋友。特朗普谈到一个临界点是 25 万亿,现在是 30 万亿。我们破产了,依赖俄罗斯和中国的能源。可悲的事态

Why be so cryptic?  If you have something to say, F'n say it.  Don't play hide and seek, posting another language.

Here's the translation courtesy of Google: 
"Rich people always rule everything, that's China, my friend. Trump talked about a tipping point of 25 trillion, now it's 30 trillion. We are bankrupt and dependent on Russia and China for energy. sad state of affairs."

Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2022, 09:51:18 PM »
And so it begins, exactly the way WWI started.
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2022, 02:34:30 AM »
Somebody needs to have a "talk" behind the barn with "we the people".  Elections have consequences, ours have worldwide consequences. 

Ken

Yup - if you believe the guv-ment, you obviously failed history class!

Heard the results of a survey of Americans, asked if they approved of Trudeau's actions regarding the "Freedom Convoy".  Of those who identified as "Republican", just over 4% said they weren't aware of the actions.

Of those who identified as "Democrat", more than 17% said they weren't aware.  One man, One vote?

Not to worry though, Putin's actions are just a "minor incursion".  But yes, prayers for Ukraine!

Dennis
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Online Perry Rose

• Go vote, it's so easy dead people do it all the time.
  • Admiral
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2022, 06:10:43 AM »
How many spies are in the U.S. Gov't? How many spies are employed by politicians, like Swalwell, Pelosi? How many spies are coming across the border every day? The people telling Biden what to do are probably on Putin's payroll. Hitler took over countries under the same pretext in the 30's. Stalin had spies in the German High Command.
I may be wrong but I doubt it.
I wouldn't take her to a dog fight even if she had a chance to win.
The worst part of growing old is remembering when you were young.

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2022, 05:44:05 PM »
How many spies are in the U.S. Gov't? How many spies are employed by politicians, like Swalwell, Pelosi? How many spies are coming across the border every day? The people telling Biden what to do are probably on Putin's payroll. Hitler took over countries under the same pretext in the 30's. Stalin had spies in the German High Command.

Stalin knew when certain WWII attacks would take place before German commanders on the front lines knew ...
Think for yourself !  XXX might win the Nats, be an expert on designing, building, finishing, flying, tuning engines - but you might not wanna take tax advice from him.  Or consider his views on the climate to be fact ...

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2022, 05:47:04 PM »
MM:  In America it is not what happens that matters, it is what they can make you believe that matters.  We probably know a small fraction of what the truth is.   In many ways the countries that America criticizes (but does business with) are better than America in many areas, like debt.

The Pentagon Papers revealed how much the American public was lied to regarding the war in Vietnam, and the Afghanistan Papers reveals the same regarding our years there ...  absolutely sickening.

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2022, 11:38:31 PM »
In this time of tragedy and world wide threat, I am damned disappointed that the usual people here have to make stupid, self-serving political statements. Go ahead and pile it on. I will not be here to  be further disappointed.

SK

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2022, 11:40:18 PM »
I still cannot believe nobody was prosecuted for invading Iraq.  However, you reveal their lies your life is over.   Look at Snowden,  Assange and Manning.   If it weren't for people like them very little of what really happens would be known.
What is your agenda?  A madman is invading a free country and possibly even killing some of our friends and you want to rehash Iraq?   Putin has backed himself into a corner and he has nuclear weapons.  Right now, is not time to dump on the only country in the world that has any hope of stopping him but ironically, it looks like the same people that advised Bush may be advising Putin. 

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline John Park

• Agricola
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2022, 05:46:55 AM »
Watching Biden debate Putin would be hilarious if not so pathetic.
Better leave it to Boris Johnson, then - he speaks Russian.  However, I don't think Putin is very good at listening to ANYBODY.

Offline pmackenzie

• Pat MacKenzie
  • 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2022, 04:54:11 PM »
.   My guess is that NATO was going to put weapons in Ukraine that would be a threat to Russia.

Russian talking points - amplified by Fox "News".

Ukraine was no threat to Russia, other than as an example of what was possible in a free and democratic society.

If there was any doubt before - Putin now deserves Musollini's fate at the hands of his own people: executed, strung up and urinated on.
MAAC 8177

Offline Dave Moritz

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2022, 06:02:19 PM »
Speaking of Mussolini, what gives with all the middle-aged guys aping his chrome dome look these days?

Dave Mo…
It’s a very strange world we live in, Master Jack.” (4 Jacks and a Jill)

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2022, 06:06:21 PM »
My guess is that NATO was going to put weapons in Ukraine that would be a threat to Russia.
The only threat to Russia is Putin.
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2022, 07:34:01 PM »
Ken I think ALL war criminals should be prosecuted, including George Bush.  There is more to this story that they are putting on TV, you can count on that.   My guess is that NATO was going to put weapons in Ukraine that would be a threat to Russia.

Would you be so kind as to identify the specific Bush you refer to and your justification for the "war criminal" label, or are you just dropping innuendo?  Mind you I'm not here to deify either of the possibilities, but I like to learn!

Just to be clear:

- You are aware that President John Kennedy's top military and security advisers proposed a preemptive nuclear strike on Russia?
- You do know President Jimmy Carter wasn't allowed to view the military's UFO files?
- You do know the CIA proposed hiring Hispanics to kill Americans in Florida to justify an invasion of Cuba?
- You are aware the CIA has engineered the overthrow of foreign governments against the wishes of sitting Presidents?

If you aren't aware of those events - and many, many others - you might want to step away from the TV and read some of the millions of pages of declassified material available before using the "war criminal" label freely.  And think about what the term "Deep State" really means ...

Offline John Park

• Agricola
  • Captain
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2022, 02:23:50 AM »
Speaking of Mussolini, what gives with all the middle-aged guys aping his chrome dome look these days?

Dave Mo…
Mussolinin did it to hide the fact that he was going bald.  I suspect these modern skinheads are doing it for the same reason - to look hard rather than betray their advancing years.  However, they've mostly got fat bellies, just like Mussolini, and that makes them look more soft than hard. 

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2022, 09:29:04 AM »
Dennis, Did you watch the events of the Iraq war on TV.  This was before the real censoring in America took place.  They did  interviews with Saddam and he said he did not have weapons of mass destruction.  He allowed inspectors in his country.  They did not find any.  Saddam challenged Bush to a debate on TV, but Bush refused.  Bush and Colin Powell went on TV saying that certain buildings and train cars had biological labs.  Bush went ahead with the invasion and NOT ONE SINGLE WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION WAS FOUND.  The buildings & train cars that Bush and Powell said were labs had no labs.  The trains, in fact were carrying chickens.  People demanded Bush be prosecuted as a war criminal, but due to his father's "good name" that never happened.   

Saddam came across as 10x more of a man than Bush and more truthful.  Bush seemed evasive and nervous when the talked about his reasoning for invading Iraq, which turned out to be lies.  Several stories came out that it was revenge and that Saddam tried to develop a plan to kill Bush Sr. 

One thing Saddam said certainly came true, that America would pay a big price.  That price is being paid today by all the veterans who went there.   

I read articles before the censoring and fake news about Ukraine took place and there was arguing about weapons in Ukraine.  I remember one of the solutions Putin considered is putting the same class weapons in Cuba and Central America counties. 

There is no way due to censoring and fake news you well ever know what the truth is about Ukrain, Trump, vaccine, vaccine injuries, etc.

I'm "hearing" (reading) a defeatist attitude and disagree.  There are gobs of information out there for those willing to step away from the TV and to largely ignore the internet chatter.  It's well established that both intelligence and military advisers assured Bush there were WMD in Iraq with 95% certainty.

As for believing Saddam: Russia signed an agreement assuring Ukraine of independence.  How's that playing out?

Really, many FACTS are available for those willing to dig.  I leave the TV drama for others ...

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2022, 12:03:47 PM »

There is no way due to censoring and fake news you well ever know what the truth is about Ukrain, Trump, vaccine, vaccine injuries, etc.

And yet you seem to have it?  How is that? 

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2022, 04:58:55 PM »
Joe Biden will save us.

Keep dreaming. mw~
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Dave Harmon

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • Tulsa Glue Dobbers C/L and R/C Clubs
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2022, 06:23:50 PM »
Dennis, Did you watch the events of the Iraq war on TV.  This was before the real censoring in America took place.  They did  interviews with Saddam and he said he did not have weapons of mass destruction.  He allowed inspectors in his country.  They did not find any.  Saddam challenged Bush to a debate on TV, but Bush refused.  Bush and Colin Powell went on TV saying that certain buildings and train cars had biological labs.  Bush went ahead with the invasion and NOT ONE SINGLE WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION WAS FOUND.  The buildings & train cars that Bush and Powell said were labs had no labs.  The trains, in fact were carrying chickens.  People demanded Bush be prosecuted as a war criminal, but due to his father's "good name" that never happened.   

Saddam came across as 10x more of a man than Bush and more truthful.  Bush seemed evasive and nervous when the talked about his reasoning for invading Iraq, which turned out to be lies.  Several stories came out that it was revenge and that Saddam tried to develop a plan to kill Bush Sr. 

One thing Saddam said certainly came true, that America would pay a big price.  That price is being paid today by all the veterans who went there.   

I read articles before the censoring and fake news about Ukraine took place and there was arguing about weapons in Ukraine.  I remember one of the solutions Putin considered is putting the same class weapons in Cuba and Central America counties. 

I just now realized just WHO this anonymous poster is.....He's BAGHDAD BOB!!!!   :X

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2022, 03:13:19 AM »
Did I ever say I knew the WHOLE truth? 

I did say there is censoring of information.   You don't believe that?  I believe it.   All critical opinions and stories about COVID vaccines causing harm and being ineffective are censored.  Does the censoring change reality?   If you believe what they want you to,  it is reality for you, not me.

You guys who think Bush was right, I cite this. "WASHINGTON — President Trump said Monday that his election was the only reason the US hasn’t gone to war with North Korea — and he called former President George W. Bush’s invasion of Iraq “the worst decision made in the history of our country.”  New York Post , May 5, 2020.

Bagdad Bob,  he was more honest than George Bush.   He seemed smarter too. 

The universal question,  where are the WMDs?   95% accurate intelligence???   Read this,  "The Senate Report on Iraqi WMD Intelligence (formally, the "Report of the Select Committee on Intelligence on the U.S. Intelligence Community's Prewar Intelligence Assessments on Iraq") was the report by the United States Senate Select Committee on Intelligence concerning the U.S. intelligence community's assessments of Iraq during the time leading up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq. The report, which was released on July 9, 2004, identified numerous failures in the intelligence-gathering and -analysis process. The report found that these failures led to the creation of inaccurate materials that misled both government policy makers and the American public."   Confusius said, man who spread lies is a liar also.   Bush was responsible for CIA.  He was president.  Are you saying he has no blame for this?

Conclusion is the US Senate agreed with Baghdad Bob.    Believe what you want.  No law or prison can stop that.   You can believe AL Gore invented the internet if you want.   

This conversation proves censoring and fake news works.   Do your home work.   Some truths have not been scrubbed.

Regards

??? ??? ??? ??? ???  You lost me; was I wrong to look for some logic?

Offline Ken Culbertson

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2022, 11:12:39 AM »
Quote from: Air Master link=topic=61104.msg632838#msg632838 date=16461
That's TRUMP, El Hombre.
[/quote
What does Trump have to do with Ukraine?  What does Bush have to do with Ukraine?  Are you trying to justify what Putin is doing because we have had some really crappy presidents?  Where is the blame on Obama and Biden who probably got us into this mess in the first place?  We have a madman on the lose who might just blow up the whole world.  How bout we focus on that.

Ken

Ken
AMA 15382
USAF 1968-1974 TAC

Offline Dave Harmon

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
  • Tulsa Glue Dobbers C/L and R/C Clubs
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2022, 11:19:28 AM »
Lets just put Baghdad Bob on ignore so we don't have to be bothered with this nonsense anymore.

Offline Dennis Leonhardi

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • AirClassix on eBay
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2022, 09:47:24 PM »
Dennis, I am sorry you are confused.  You defended Bush by saying the CIA gave him bad info.  I am saying that is no excuse.  Bush was responsible for the CIA, he was president.   How do you know that the CIA was not told to say that by Bush?  Trump criticized Bush, not the CIA.  Did you see that?   That's TRUMP, El Hombre.   

Are you saying that CEOs, Presidents, Governors, etc are not responsible for what their chosen team members do? 

Bush had plenty of evidence to question the CIA, like the inspectors finding no illegal materials in Iraq.  Bush could have asked how did they know a train box car was a biological lab?   That has never been explained. 

Regards.

AM, I don't believe you read or understood what I've written here - and I'm certain you're extremely naive!  Best you not comment at all here if you believe the President has the CIA - or most any other federal bureaucracy - under control.

Advertise Here
Tags: lets go brandon 

Advertise Here