News:

• April 28, 2024, 11:12:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: K&B Engines  (Read 1297 times)

Offline Christopher Root

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
K&B Engines
« on: December 12, 2018, 08:35:50 PM »
Does anyone have experience with any of the “newer” K&B engines, such as the .18, .28, or .40 C/L sizes by MECOA?   I’ve got an old C.Lee .61 that is awesome , and wanted to know how these other ones compare

C R

Offline mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: K&B Engines
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 08:45:01 PM »
We've been running a few of the KB .28's on Rugged Stunt Trainers, Ringmasters and a Galaxy. Plenty of power and very quiet with the supplied muffler. We started with a gifted motor from a fellow modeler and I ended up buying 3 more because they were perfect for my kid's planes.
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Offline Christopher Root

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 08:58:16 PM »
Would the .28 be a good Fox .35 replacement?

C R

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 09:04:53 PM »

C R

My opinion is yes.  I love that engine

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 10:42:43 PM »
I have a pair a newer K&B 28's that only have bench runs on them. Hoping to build a twin of some sort for them one day.   Glad to hear some positive feedback on their performance.

Gary
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline GERALD WIMMER

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
    • Auckland Free Flight Club
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 12:00:47 AM »
Hello Had a K&B Sportdter 45 on a profile stunter till last weekend when I lost it to 20 knot winds and sloppy controls. Was the best thing about that plane , a nice run with plenty of power just a little heavy even with stack muffler. Regards Gerald

Dwayne

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 06:51:00 AM »

C R

I'm using a 28 on my Twister with a Lee's Machine needle nva, pulls it with authority.  ;D

Offline dennis lipsett

• Admiral
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 10:57:17 AM »
Hello Had a K&B Sportdter 45 on a profile stunter till last weekend when I lost it to 20 knot winds and sloppy controls. Was the best thing about that plane , a nice run with plenty of power just a little heavy even with stack muffler. Regards Gerald

I have a brand new K&B 45 Sportster with a Jim Lee Custom venturi and Randys NVA never got to use it but Ive used the 20/28 Sportsters with complete satisfaction. I'm not flying regularly due to health issues so a lot of what I have is going to disappear.

Offline GERALD WIMMER

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
    • Auckland Free Flight Club
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2018, 03:42:02 AM »
I have a brand new K&B 45 Sportster with a Jim Lee Custom venturi and Randys NVA never got to use it but Ive used the 20/28 Sportsters with complete satisfaction. I'm not flying regularly due to health issues so a lot of what I have is going to disappear.

Hope your health improves Dennis and you can fly the 45 Sportster too. All that line of K&B Sportsters they seem overlooked and underrated as stunt engines but with so many going electric not many look further then a OS La engine these days. The old K&B 61 has a real nice run too (my brother flew them)
Regards Gerald

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here