News:

• April 17, 2024, 11:19:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NV engines Any contact?  (Read 593 times)

Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
    • Circlemasters Flying club
NV engines Any contact?
« on: March 09, 2023, 02:17:00 PM »
has anyone recently purchased (last 3 months) and got anything from NV engines? 

I have not been able to get a response.

Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731
EAA 1231299 UAS Certificate Number FA39HY9ML7  Member of the Milwaukee Circlemasters. A Gold Leader Club for over 25 years!  http://www.circlemasters.com/

Offline kenneth cook

• Admiral
Re: NV engines Any contact?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 02:23:58 PM »
            Dave, contact Alex , Klondike17@juno.com. He's the US distributor. I recently contacted him because he left the e-mail above on Stunthangar years ago. It was still valid and he responded. He told me I could give him the list of needed items or use the site. I didn't do either as of 2 months ago. It certainly is worth a shot, he's been very helpful to me through the years.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 03:28:30 PM »
            Dave, contact Alex , Klondike17@juno.com. He's the US distributor. I recently contacted him because he left the e-mail above on Stunthangar years ago. It was still valid and he responded. He told me I could give him the list of needed items or use the site. I didn't do either as of 2 months ago. It certainly is worth a shot, he's been very helpful to me through the years.

What Kenn said. I tried contact through the website, but never got response. Tried the email Kenn posted, and was instructed on how to get registered and ordered/paid through website. Got confirmation email from Alex and parts arrived in a week or so. Joe Ed Pederson did so like wise and got an engine and some parts also. A little difficult but I got through it, so you should be able to. Parts were shipped from California so maybe he warehouses some there??

Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Joe Ed Pederson

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 07:31:48 PM »
   What Kenn said. I tried contact through the website, but never got response. Tried the email Kenn posted, and was instructed on how to get registered and ordered/paid through website. Got confirmation email from Alex and parts arrived in a week or so. Joe Ed Pederson did so like wise and got an engine and some parts also. A little difficult but I got through it, so you should be able to. Parts were shipped from California so maybe he warehouses some there??

Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Just to add a little to what Dan said.  I ordered a Big Mig .061 and parts for it on December 29th, 2022 from the NV website ( http://www.nvengines.com/ )and everything came in less than a week.  I had also contacted Alex at the email address in Kenneth's post above just to make sure the company was still in business. 

Joe Ed Pederson

Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 07:16:23 AM »
Oh I love the product it isn't that. 

I am a co chair at EAA kidventure and we have been running the engines teaching about 2000 kids each week (5 hrs a day for 6 days on 2 circles pretty much non stop) for along time.  The motors (061) are not treated well, pounded into the ground and stated hot with and electric starter.  They keep on running, and running.  They are amazing.   However after abut 15 years many are well worn out.  They will barely turn a cut down rubber ducky.

They need to be replaced. 

So we are considering the next phase.  At almost $100 per motor and limited availability its a big issue for us. 
Also the people we train want to purchase models and motors and we do not have a way to do that.
It would be good if we had an easy way for for a casual modeler to obtain the motors, models and gear needed.

this is more of a supply chain not a product issue. 
Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731
EAA 1231299 UAS Certificate Number FA39HY9ML7  Member of the Milwaukee Circlemasters. A Gold Leader Club for over 25 years!  http://www.circlemasters.com/

Offline Joe Ed Pederson

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 08:00:17 AM »
Oh I love the product it isn't that. 

I am a co chair at EAA kidventure and we have been running the engines teaching about 2000 kids each week (5 hrs a day for 6 days on 2 circles pretty much non stop) for along time.  The motors (061) are not treated well, pounded into the ground and stated hot with and electric starter.  They keep on running, and running.  They are amazing.   However after abut 15 years many are well worn out.  They will barely turn a cut down rubber ducky.

They need to be replaced. 

I would venture (pun intended) to say that if you came up with a total cost to buy the new Big Mig .061s and started a "go fund me" appeal here on Stunthangar, you would get the money you need donated in short order.   y1

Joe Ed Pederson

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 08:32:56 AM »
    Hi Dave;
     Well, the site does work, or at least did a few months ago. It is just a bit difficult to navigate and get registered on. That is the key. I suggest making a test order or an engine or two, maybe some parts through the site, and when you get the order completed, you will get an email from Alex, and then you can see if there are any kind of discounts available for KidVenture on any larger purchases. I was looking for some spray bars, as a couple of my engines have had them tweaked a bit, and they didn't have any of those in stock. I think the company is in Russia, and doesn't seem to be affected by the war in Ukraine. With as quick as my order came in and originated in California, I'm thinking there is some stock being warehoused there, and that is where stock comes into the country. They don't show piston and cylinder sets, but maybe an inquiry sent through Alex could get some results and some engines could be freshened up. But even if you have to buy complete engines at 100 bucks a pop, you know what you are getting and can expect a long life out of them. With all the money that flows up there each year, I would figure that some one would have no trouble authorizing $800 to $1000 for some supplies, seeing as what you have been using for the 15 to 20 years has all been donated and they have reaped the benefits from that. A decent cash infusion will help make sure that the C/L activities can carry on for quite a while.. All the used engines can be used for parts, and it top end parts do become available later on, can be rebuilt and added back to your stash of operational equipment.  I can make it this year. I'll be coming off of knee surgery and I don't know how quick recovery will be, but if I can help from here by doing any engine work, let me know.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline dave siegler

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • sport flier
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2023, 08:45:09 AM »
    Hi Dave;
     Well, the site does work, or at least did a few months ago. It is just a bit difficult to navigate and get registered on. That is the key. I suggest making a test order or an engine or two, maybe some parts through the site, and when you get the order completed, you will get an email from Alex, and then you can see if there are any kind of discounts available for KidVenture on any larger purchases. I was looking for some spray bars, as a couple of my engines have had them tweaked a bit, and they didn't have any of those in stock. I think the company is in Russia, and doesn't seem to be affected by the war in Ukraine. With as quick as my order came in and originated in California, I'm thinking there is some stock being warehoused there, and that is where stock comes into the country. They don't show piston and cylinder sets, but maybe an inquiry sent through Alex could get some results and some engines could be freshened up. But even if you have to buy complete engines at 100 bucks a pop, you know what you are getting and can expect a long life out of them. With all the money that flows up there each year, I would figure that some one would have no trouble authorizing $800 to $1000 for some supplies, seeing as what you have been using for the 15 to 20 years has all been donated and they have reaped the benefits from that. A decent cash infusion will help make sure that the C/L activities can carry on for quite a while.. All the used engines can be used for parts, and it top end parts do become available later on, can be rebuilt and added back to your stash of operational equipment.  I can make it this year. I'll be coming off of knee surgery and I don't know how quick recovery will be, but if I can help from here by doing any engine work, let me know.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee

Yes Dan reviewing all of that. 
A lot of the infrastructure is tired and we want to understand the way forward. 
Last year I rebuilt all the clog starters and this year the starters.  The motors are very tired.  they barely make enough power to get off the ground. 

Bigger issues is going to be propellers and items like that. 
When you consider a glow head costs more than a electric motor now.  you have to look at it. 

« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 11:54:07 AM by dave siegler »
Dave Siegler
NE9N extra class
AMA 720731

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here