News:

• March 28, 2024, 04:34:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Northwest Regionals  (Read 7208 times)

Offline Derek Barry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Northwest Regionals
« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2019, 04:28:37 AM »
   Here it is, almost ready to fly, just a few parts to go bolt together. You will note that instead of an ordinary patriotic paint scheme, or a gaudy flouresent colors and checkerboards finish that looks like it came from a surf shop in 1988, I have opted for a modern satin-black finish with pale blue highlights. This is consistent with my new Goth lifestyle.

Brett

Based on the lamp, blanket, and carpet, I would think you were going for the 1978 look. Goth plane in 1978? You're quite the trend setter.

Derek

Offline Alan Resinger

• Captain
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2019, 06:28:33 AM »
Just wondring if you are going to show up at the next contest with the new Goth airplane?  By the way, you will be wearing Goth style clothing and of course make-up, to round out the presentation won't you?

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #52 on: June 14, 2019, 07:04:24 AM »
Is that one of the latest release Saturn V back there?
Steve

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2019, 08:49:07 PM »
Can we talk about the bed in the room?

Ive worked that hard that I need 2 steps to sleep!

Although.. if you need to get up at 2am I guess putting in a few hours is fairly logical.

No need to fire up a big cold workshop..

As for the new build! This is about as exciting as it gets..

Forget the olympics that happens every 4 years..

Transit of Venus is actually an astronomical phenomenon in which planet Venus travels between Earth and Sun?
Every 8 years...

This is an event not witnessed for close to 2 decades.

Take it in and embrace the process, dont rush it.. there is always 2020, and this one could see you out till 2040.

Then think about the new electric tech.

:)
:)

If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2019, 09:51:39 PM »
Can we talk about the bed in the room?

I would prefer not, but, given that this is my one and only bedroom, you might understand how I only build airplanes occasionally. All that stuff is normally stored somewhere.

Brett

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2019, 11:59:41 PM »
I can help you with colors for your new plane!!!!

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2019, 12:06:14 AM »
I can help you with colors for your new plane!!!!

I am not sure that constitutes "help".  Besides,  Betsy Ross solved that problem for me a long time ago.

Brett

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2019, 02:38:46 PM »
I can appreciate anyone with  "dark" attitude.  It's worked for me.  People tend to avoid me, and that's just fine.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2019, 03:11:56 PM »
   I am not sure that constitutes "help".  Besides,  Betsy Ross solved that problem for me a long time ago.

Brett

Total nonsense, Betsy included stars in her work and I don't see many of those on your current flying Antique, just a strong resemblance to the French Flag.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 11:17:50 AM by BYU »

Offline Howard Rush

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2019, 03:55:53 PM »
Next thing you know Bob’s Your Uncle will claim that Betsy copied her colo(u)rs and that Abner Doubleday didn’t invent baseball.
The Jive Combat Team
Making combat and stunt great again

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2019, 09:00:36 AM »
Next thing you know Bob’s Your Uncle will claim that Betsy copied her colo(u)rs and that Abner Doubleday didn’t invent baseball.

That is complete heresy, I wouldn't dream of it.

My next plane is definitely getting stars to go with it's red stripes (instead of the French flag scheme favored by Brett)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 11:02:51 AM by BYU »

Offline Dennis Moritz

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2019, 10:13:59 AM »
Never saw a 600 at the NATS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2019, 12:00:29 PM »
Never saw a 600 at the NATS.

I have had over 600 on individual score sheets, but the highest I recall (and I really don't recall most of them, since the absolute value of the score is irrelevant) for an average was 595, only interesting because I was ahead of Billy for the first time. Late 90's/Early 2000s.

Brett

Offline PJ Rowland

• AUS - 29541 AMA - 809970
  • Admiral
  • Melbourne - AUSTRALIA
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2019, 12:39:10 AM »
Brett, it wasnt a comment on your living situation.

I dont think it matters to anyone if the shop is 20sq or 1.. if you have passion for the build anything is possible.

I was infact paying homage to your obvious late night building sessions where efficiency has been increased by a reduction is "transit time" between building board and much needed REM.

I think its a brilliant move..
Whilst others require a shuttle bus from their workshops, you are gaining micro time units and using them to your advantage.
If you always put limit on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” - Bruce Lee.

I Yearn for a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2019, 10:46:11 AM »
Brett, it wasnt a comment on your living situation.

I dont think it matters to anyone if the shop is 20sq or 1.. if you have passion for the build anything is possible.

I was infact paying homage to your obvious late night building sessions where efficiency has been increased by a reduction is "transit time" between building board and much needed REM.

I think its a brilliant move..
Whilst others require a shuttle bus from their workshops, you are gaining micro time units and using them to your advantage.

I didn't take it that way, but, it has inhibited my progress a bit. The building part is no real problem, but lack of facilities to paint is a significant impediment to both me and my unfortunate buddies, who have to put up with me for extended periods, more-or-less on-demand.

I came from a full basement workshop when I lived at home in Kentucky to half a room, with my bed in it, so it took a little adapting.

BTW, it's primed and about half-sanded down, still on track to get the base color later this week. It looked pretty good at the "oh my God, what have I done?" stage when primer goes on it, so I am encouraged a bit by that. I just wish we didn't have a launch on the 27th.

Brett

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2019, 11:11:52 AM »
I just wish we didn't have a launch on the 27th.

Brett
[/quote]

As we discussed in Roseburg, there are "solutions" for that problem!

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2019, 11:12:58 AM »
And "that" problem seems to happen each year at Nat's time.....

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2019, 11:21:46 AM »
And "that" problem seems to happen each year at Nat's time.....

Right - all the MILSTAR launches were conveniently in the winter. Conveniently, presuming you like being cold a lot, since Colorado Springs in February can be a bit nippy. Now that we have an acceptable support facility for us to stay in Sunnyvale, the AEHF launches have been in the summer and fall.

Of course, the real solution is clear, stop showing up at work.

Brett

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2019, 11:22:43 AM »
Get them to move it, tell them a Nat's is involved. They will understand.

No way on this one, but, I did get another major activity rescheduled because it conflicted with the 96 NATs.

Brett

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2019, 11:34:29 AM »
Yeah, Brett, you're a very goth sort of guy. Have you got a sleeveless leather vest to wear while flying yet?
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Randy Powell

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • TreeTop Flyer
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2019, 11:45:08 AM »
Brett - " I came from a full basement workshop when I lived at home in Kentucky to half a room, with my bed in it, so it took a little adapting. "

I thought they paid rocket scientists more.

Howard - Abner Doubleday didn't invent baseball. The game had been around in various forms for more than 50 years before Doubleday legend came along.  Here's the real story:

https://www.history.com/news/who-invented-baseball

In short, for those that don't want to click:

In September 1845, a group of New York City men founded the New York Knickerbocker Baseball Club. One of them—volunteer firefighter and bank clerk Alexander Joy Cartwright—would codify a new set of rules that would form the basis for modern baseball, calling for a diamond-shaped infield, foul lines and the three-strike rule. He also abolished the dangerous practice of tagging runners by throwing balls at them.
Member in good standing of P.I.S.T
(Politically Incorrect Stunt Team)
AMA 67711
 Randy Powell

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #71 on: June 20, 2019, 10:52:52 PM »
More false news from Randy...  S?P Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here