News:

• June 17, 2024, 07:08:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not CL but -----------------  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Robert Zambelli

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Not CL but -----------------
« on: September 15, 2013, 05:55:07 AM »
Talk about precision!!!
These guys must have a lot of free time!!

Bob Z.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Not CL but -----------------
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 07:59:12 AM »
When you have the equipment and finances, anything is  possible. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Luiz Ribeiro

• Lieutenant
    • Ribeiro's Home Page
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 08:31:10 AM »
Very beautiful!
I liked very much the movie, but I feel so small when I see anything as this….  LL~

Luiz

Offline Duke.Johnson

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 03:37:43 PM »
Just amazing!

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 06:17:46 PM »
Pretty amazing...but for what possible purpose as a Model?

Did one guy build this by himself...I seriously doubt it...smacks of intense factory design and work.

Scale Modeling or just miniature airplane technology.  Sorry but I just don't get it unless the purpose is who spends the most time and money!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 12:55:07 PM »
The videos are nice to look at.  I wouldn't want to be there during flying, unless I had a Humvee to hide behind.

F.C.
90 years, but still going (mostly)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Douglas Ames

• 2014 Supporters
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2013, 02:19:15 PM »
Nice, but I still wouldn't fly on "Aeroflot".
AMA 656546

If you do a little bit every day it will get done, or you can do it tomorrow.

Online Matt Colan

• N-756355
  • AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 03:27:11 PM »
Simply incredible!!  Not once have I seen a fully functioning cockpit, with switches before!  :o
Matt Colan

Mike Griffin

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2013, 04:28:44 PM »
I am with Randy on this one.  I don't know what this is but I do not consider it "modeling".

Mike

Offline George

• Admiral
  • Love people, Use things.
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2013, 04:40:56 PM »
Talk about precision!!!
These guys must have a lot of free time!!

Bob Z.
Bob, is this sponsored by the airplane factory?

They seem to have unlimited resources...a bit above a Fox .35!

George
George Bain
AMA 23454

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2013, 06:32:17 PM »
I am with Randy on this one.  I don't know what this is but I do not consider it "modeling".

Mike

Why would you not consider it modeling?  I think is the very essence of scale modeling.  Yes there are professional modelers out there that work for airplane/helicopter companies who produce real flying planes.  I know someone who gets molding jobs from them from time to time.  Those modelers have been there all along.  I think it would be really cool to have that level of ability and patience to be able to have that as a profession.

Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 07:18:04 PM »
Why would you not consider it modeling?  I think is the very essence of scale modeling.  Yes there are professional modelers out there that work for airplane/helicopter companies who produce real flying planes.  I know someone who gets molding jobs from them from time to time.  Those modelers have been there all along.  I think it would be really cool to have that level of ability and patience to be able to have that as a profession.

I personally don't consider it modeling because it's not something people with average resources or income could consider doing.  It's something built by professionals for a purpose like making movies etc.
This is out of the realm of what I consider modeling and into the realm of professionals for the purpose of selling something or making money from.
Beside if I was to spend that much money, time effort and resources I dam sure would build something I could fly IN...not watch from a transmitter perch.
However I'm not necessarily raining on anyone's parade...to each his own...it doesn't mean I don't think it's cool or spectacular...but then so is a full scale F22...I can't and won't try to build one of them either!

Randy cuberly

Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Mike Griffin

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 09:36:19 PM »
Hi Doug, I think Randy answered your question very accurately but I will add a little to what he said.  I don't think there is anything in this jet that you can go to the local hobby shop and buy.  Maybe it is just me but modeling in my mind is taking a plan and a pile of balsa and creating something by hand crafting it or you can buy a kit and put it together and make it come alive.

If this is modeling then it is modeling for the elite because the expense would keep anyone I know from doing something like this.  To me this is something altogether different and is in a different category from modeling.  I do not even know how to classify something like this.

Is it cool and slick and will it make everyone go WOW?  Yeah, no doubt it will  but to me it still does not fit in the modeling category.. I may be in the minority here and that is fine but this is just my opinion and does not mean much in the great scheme of things ....

Mike 

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 09:30:42 AM »
Now is time for the scale modelers to speak up.   I know when I was trying to compete in F2C it became almost a full time process.   I admire that this guy has the equipment and talent to develop this plane.   In reality how many of us would love to be able to do this.   The Yatsenko brothers are professionals with their design for aerobatics.  Just look at their setup sometime for producing their planes.  If you look at the trophy it was a first place trophy for his class.   How many of us would really spend that much time and money on a model plane?
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here