News:

• April 19, 2024, 05:10:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Point Taken  (Read 3704 times)

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Point Taken
« on: April 22, 2021, 01:24:40 AM »
Point taken. Carry on.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 04:35:15 PM by kevin king »

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Nicest Stunt Plane Ever Built
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 07:27:08 AM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This airplane has its beauty points but, personally I think it is to gaudy.

I'd put any one of Jim Aron's ships up against it for the most beautiful........And there's probably others that are just as just as beautiful that I haven't seen. (But I doubt it)

Cheers, Jerry

PS: Opinions are like rectal orifices, everybody has one.  LL~

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 01:00:08 PM »
There are many things that contribute to a "beautiful" PA plane....but I believe that Nats or other major championship performance holds some sway. Something with a ton of paint and filler that performs poorly may be pretty, but flying performance has to factor in.
The '90's and early 2000's had many great examples on the east coast: Bob Hunt's Saturn and Crossfire featuring Helium filled wings, Windy's stuff, Casale built some beautiful planes, Buso rivaled any. Ski Dombrowski built light and beautiful planes. Bob Lampione. All were works of art. AND functional.
Other areas of the US produced stunning examples as well.

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 02:52:17 PM »
I will agree with the previous comments.  A "zoot" paint job doesn't transform a basically uninspiring design into something of beauty.

Consider a Ringmaster with some fabulous complicated paint job.  Still pretty ugly.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline James Lee

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 03:04:07 PM »
Stan Powell's Dove from a 'few' years ago

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 03:05:58 PM »
As state earlier, everybody has their opinion of what is a beautiful plane.  I do think some go a little over board. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
Re: Point Taken
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 09:15:19 PM »
Point taken. Carry on.

I don't get it.  ???
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2021, 09:34:03 PM »
Warbird,
I think Kevin may have taken the responses a little personally.

He has removed his original post, which is a shame. I think the finishes were amazing!

I think, as Doc said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and one man's trash is another man's treasure.

Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Gerald Arana

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 10:02:27 AM »
  AND THEN, yes then it would be worth over ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS.   

LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~ LL~

Yes! We all know who you are talking about.....

Jerry

Offline Mike Griffin

• 2018 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 02:23:27 PM »
I don't get it.  ???

I didn't either.

Mike

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 04:02:34 PM »
This school yard bully boy stuff is pathetic.

Is this the best you have to contribute to the forum?

Do you think it is clever?

Are you laughing your arse off behind your keyboard?

GROW UP.
Craig Beswick
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2021, 07:53:40 PM »
It is worth getting upset over! This is a public forum and bullying should not be tolerated.

Why is it necessary to harrass and denigrate someone who has not even posted?

Is that the best thing you have to do with your time? Think up ways to slag off at someone?

What does their opinion of their building ability have to do with this post?

Clearly you are troubled by him to find it necessary to go out of your way to make an adverse comment! Might be worth getting some professional help?

Craig Beswick

AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2021, 01:03:12 AM »
Rambling rattled post Mr "Air Master".

No, I am not the person in question, which you well know. I have never proclaimed to be any kind of a flyer, builder or finisher. I have never posted photos of a build or a finished plane, other than the poor quality photo in my avatar. I come here to learn, simple.

By, "Your Rules", I can post what I want when I want. So I will. Post analytical or not.

I know nothing of CNN or of your long winded rant. I am not a US citizen so your disjointed post means absolutely nothing to me.

So once a bully always a bully? Just a pathetic, juvenile way to behave.

Craig Beswick

AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2021, 05:28:43 AM »
Not worth getting upset over.   The guy who says he is the best builder on this forum, sometimes, has 60 OR MORE people trolling him because they are JEALOUS of his superior building ability. 

If the best builder (in his mind) can get trolled, harrassed and bullied, then any of us "lesser" ones can to.

I'm not the best and not the worst. The best is yet to come.
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2021, 01:03:10 PM »
Well, Craig if you are not the mystery person I wrote about why did you complain about my post?   How was it bullying if no person is identified and its not you?   

I don't care where you are or what your alien status is, you act like a CNN watching, hypocritical, liberal whiner.   I guess your country doesn't have a website where you can whine?   

If you don't like the posts on US websites,  get the hell out of here. We won't miss you.

How do you people continuously violate rules and get away with it?
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline Dennis Saydak

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2021, 01:23:45 PM »
Ya, "someone" got up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.  ::)
Just when you think you're getting ahead in the rat race.....you find the rats just get faster! MAAC 13120L

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2021, 05:43:24 PM »
Mr, "Air Master", your Bully Boy tactics don't intimidate me and I WIIL NOT back down or go away.

Clearly you are weakening, looking for an out. Your posts are becoming more desperate and childish.

Why are you allowed to denigrate and harass someone, when they have not even posted, and I am not? Why are you allowed to criticise somebody else's post but I am not allowed to offer an opinion to Warbirds question.

This is the World  Wide Web. You, Mr, "Air Master", don't own it. You don't own Control Line either. I am a fully paid up financial member of this site, which you are to which is great thank you, I support the site in ways you will never know or understand. As you, ARE NOT, the owner of the site we should let him decide who can stay or go it is not in your power to do so.

You pose a hypocritical position Mr, "Air Master". You want all the freedom to do and say whatever you want but you want me censored. Who is the Liberal now??

I eagerly await you rattled, ilogical stereo typical bullying response.
Craig Beswick
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2021, 06:48:02 PM »
Point taken. Carry on.
Kevin.
  I for one would like to see your original picture and the video return. It was a good post.
I've seen Walt's planes when he brought them to the field to fly. They were works of art. Others should know about and see his work.
Again. There was nothing wrong with your post. Please repost it.
 If some one is a sour apple. Who gives a rats A$$. Again you did nothing wrong in your posting...

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2021, 07:31:06 PM »
Tony, I completely agree.

Craig Beswick
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2021, 08:04:33 PM »
From Mr, ""Air Master".
Craig, quit whining and answer the question.   If you are not the mystery / magical model builder WHY are you whining?  In your country is it a custom to attack people who have not said or done anything to you?   

You can't explain your actions, can you?   It's not you I'm talking about, you have admitted that.  So, who is the supposed victim?   

It is entertaining, I will admit.   You spout off about people taking things personally, but start crying about a post that has nothing to do with you.

If you're staying then explain why you attack people who have not posted anything at all about you?   Let's hear it tough guy.

Maybe we can battle this out to where Sparky bans both of us.   You attacked me for no reason.  I never said or even hinted anything to provoke you".

Mr, "Air Master",
........ first the commercial.
To the 1100+ viewers of this post who are clearly enjoying Mr, "Air Master" and my discussion, debate, battle, fight? I would like to remind all those who are not paid up financial members that this forum costs money which is paid by Robert Storick, "Sparky"! From his own pocket.

He has made it no secret he had to pay over $1110+, recently, in server fees and a necessary upgrade will cost more. All so everybody here can enjoy their hobby.

Contrary to some people's view Robert is not a wealthy YouTube personality. That only ever occurs when someone has a million plus views and subscribers.

So, I would greatly encourage those who are not financial members to become financial members. Any amount is gratefully accepted. I'm sure, as Mr, "Air Master", is a financial member he would agree😁.

Now my retort....

Mr, "Air Master",
to answer your questions. I won't be so arrogant as to speak for my country, I will allow you to do that as you brought it up and must therefore be an authority of the US. I speak for myself!

As you are aware, as I am sure everybody else is aware you were referring to Aviojet in your post that I took exception to. I have no particular interest in defending Charles per se. I just don't see a need for bullying on this site.

You ask why I attacked you? I asked you a question I did not attack you. I asked why was it necessary for you to attack someone when they had not posted anything? I asked why you had to denigrate and insult, I asked why you needed to be a bully. Is it to be a tough guy to your mates on here? Do you think that type of comment is funny? Does it make you feel good to belittle someone?

I think that covers the legitimate questions you asked. You seem to ask the same question 3 times. But never mind.

It seems strange to me that somebody who put up a bullying post is indignant that somebody else is calling them out for that very post. Your double standards are incredible.

The fact that , you can't see that your position is 1, a double standard or 2, you are so desperate to win at all costs not wanting to lose face. Is a real reflection on what an unpleasant little keyboard warrior you are.

Just to put your clearly worried mind at ease, Robert won't be banning either of us, well not for this lot anyway. He may, "Pull", the entire post but he won't ban us for this. Unless he has threatened you with it before?

Craig Beswick

Ps. Mr, "Air Master", I think I answered your questions. So I have one question for you. Why is it acceptable to put up a post about a person, not a plane, engine or project. That person has not posted anything on that thread. That post denigrates, insults and harasses that person. Why is that okay? Answer that.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 08:23:08 PM by Craig Beswick »
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2021, 08:11:13 PM »
Kevin, please accept my apologies for the hijacking and the direction this thread has taken. Never my intention. I enjoyed your original post.

Regards
Craig Beswick

AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2021, 08:38:33 PM »
For those who would like to become a 2021 financial supporter.
To contribute via PayPal click on Open Forum, then 2021 Support Badge, go to the very first post and click on the support button and it will take you to PayPal.

For those who prefer a cheque, oops check, send me a PM and I will give you an address you can send a check to.

Many thanks
Craig
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2021, 09:11:29 PM »

Grow up girls, threads like this are the reason good people have left the forum.

Wayne Willey

Offline Craig Beswick

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2021, 10:03:23 PM »
No Warbird, I am sorry, it is the bullying and intolerance that has lead to people leaving. Not an argument between 2 members.

I say it is not okay to bully, insult, denigrate other members. Mr, "Air Master", says it is okay to do so. I have called him out on it and he doesn't like it. 

But, for the sake of the forum. If one other member asks me to stop, publicly, I will. Excluding Mr, "Air Master", that is!

Regards
Craig Beswick
AUS 87123
"The Ninja"

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2021, 10:54:21 PM »

But, for the sake of the forum. If one other member asks me to stop, publicly, I will.

Regards
Craig Beswick

Stop.

Wayne Willey

Offline BillP

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2021, 11:16:20 PM »
No Warbird, I am sorry, it is the bullying and intolerance that has lead to people leaving. Not an argument between 2 members.

I say it is not okay to bully, insult, denigrate other members. Mr, "Air Master", says it is okay to do so. I have called him out on it and he doesn't like it. 

But, for the sake of the forum. If one other member asks me to stop, publicly, I will. Excluding Mr, "Air Master", that is!

Regards
Craig Beswick

Ok, please stop...and don't forget to take your meds again.  DK^
Regards,
BP
Bill P.

Online RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2021, 05:36:38 AM »
Not sure why people don't understand beauty is in the eye of the beholder this painting is by a famous impressionest Just because I think it's crap and every other one in this style doesn't make it so to others.

This painting is 'Starry Night' by Vincent Van Gogh

Van Gogh's paintings have sold for as much as 80 million dollars. I wouldn't pay $8.00 for this one to hang in my living room

The painting below sold for 15,000 total crap

Just about all 3rd graders finger paint this good

So go ahead and cast the first stone.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 05:56:41 AM by RC Storick »
AMA 12366

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2021, 07:30:15 AM »
Robert,

I didn't know you had interest in art. Here's some of my "past" work. I haven't painted in over 15 years and I'm getting the itch again. Wife told me to just take a shower. Funny girl.

I worked with national art galleries. I hope my art is well received.  ;D

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2021, 07:46:57 AM »
I started this painting well over 15 years ago. Yes I love tennis. Started hitting the ball when I was 8 years old. I eventually became an instructor in 1972, only part time, working with some of the best D-1 students, and others.

I also played D-1 level tennis. I've hit tennis balls with Rod Laver and Bud Collins. I used to be somebody back then, but never has anyone tried to take that away from me. I've never had any issues with tennis players and I still play a few times a week. I'll be on the courts today AND I still instruct.

Maybe one day I'll finish this piece. As you can see, I've always had difficulty with spectators.

Offline Steve Dwyer

• 2020 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2021, 08:04:13 AM »
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder for sure. I remember my old friend Bob Craft telling me how a woman that collected memorabilia offered him a chunk of cash for all his control line models and were they ever beauties. I guess his 80" throttled controlled Ford Tri Motor he worked on for years went to some restaurant in NYC to hang from the ceiling. 

Van Gogh was an interesting sort, I watched part of a movie about him recently before falling asleep. His work was unique for his time and he was bullied as well.

If I was to get real creative and attempted to recreate the second painting with the two gals across the wings of my Jameson (just kidding) I'm about to paint would it fly any better? Would it matter to me since I build to fly, for sure? But to some, creativity is everything while functionally falls second, what does it matter except to the individual. The Ford Tri Motor actually never flew, yet knowing Bob's stunt ability in the pattern it no doubt would have performed well as a scale flyer.

Be nice!

Steve

Offline Tony Drago

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2021, 12:27:05 PM »
Robert,

I didn't know you had interest in art. Here's some of my "past" work. I haven't painted in over 15 years and I'm getting the itch again. Wife told me to just take a shower. Funny girl.

I worked with national art galleries. I hope my art is well received.  ;D

The first picture. Has to be that of Lt. Johnny Cloud. The Navajo Ace..
Very good paintings.....

Offline FLOYD CARTER

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • owner
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2021, 11:58:53 AM »
Charles.  If you get tired of  making paint masks and vinyl stuff, you should do very well as a commercial artist.
89 years, but still going (sort of)
AMA #796  SAM #188  LSF #020

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2021, 02:39:33 PM »
Charles.  If you get tired of  making paint masks and vinyl stuff, you should do very well as a commercial artist.

That's funny.

I was a commercial artist.

Offline GallopingGhostler

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2021, 05:59:28 PM »
The painting below sold for 15,000 total crap

Just about all 3rd graders finger paint this good. So go ahead and cast the first stone.

I like the blond on the right with modest dress and nice smile, now that is a work of art. ;D

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here