News:

• June 16, 2024, 04:12:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hurl status  (Read 887 times)

Offline Brett Buck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Hurl status
« on: September 19, 2015, 05:43:35 PM »
In my capacity as Deputy Commissioner of the Hurl (self-apppointed), I personally inspected the Hurling Grounds today. They are in excellent shape, as expected. The grass i slightly higher than last year, and the ground is a bit softer, but certainly well within the limit defined by Rule 10.

Of course, the grounds cannot be officially approved without at least two Hurl Executives agreeing (per Rule 11, paragraph i) immediately before the contest, but I am confident that conditions will hold for tomorrow. I can only speak for myself, but with this level of excitement, I am sure to miss some sleep tonight!

I also discussed the coaching situation with Bob's Your Uncle, per the other thread. He was unable to locate a coach - within his price range, at least - so he has chosen to go it on his own. Clearly this is his own choice, but no one should be under any illusions that this is the easy way to go. ALL of the top Hurlers employ coaches - even ME! It's nearly impossible to diagnose any mechanical flaws with the delivery on your own.

Brett

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Hurl status
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 08:37:47 PM »
Alas, if only you took Saturday at the Nat's as seriously.....

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 09:35:21 PM »
I have not been able to find a coach due to the implied pressure and fear engendered by an unnamed force. It is obvious that people have been scared off, so I will have to go it alone. No Choice.

One fly in the ointment is the Grand Stands for the spectators were still unfinished when I left this afternoon. Not sure how all the spectators will be accommodated this year.

I hope there are no crowd troubles. I heard rumors that the JCT were planning on bringing their not tiny entourage, and as we all know this can often lead to an unpredictable outcome (to say the least).
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:29:53 PM by Bobs your Uncle »

Offline builditright

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • So happy to be alive!
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 09:53:18 PM »
I have not been able to find a coach due to the implied pressure and fear engendered by an unnamed force. It is obvious that people have been scared off, so I will have to go it alone. No Choice.

One fly in the ointment is the Grand Stands for the spectators were still unfinished when I left this afternoon. Not sure how all the spectators will be accommodated this year.

I hope there are no crowd troubles. I heard rumors that the JCT were planning on bringing their not tiny entourage, and as we all know this can often lead to an unpredictable outcome (to say the least).

On a personal note please no JCT paraphernalia, if you are intending to support them this Sunday. You know how it upsets the ladies.

Hi Bobs your Uncle, I see in your post were you commented  that the JCT were planning on bringing their "not tiny" entourage.
If you need or want a "large" support group there for you; just say the word and for a small fee I'll hop in the ole plane in the yard
and be there for you at first light. no pun intended...
Thank you and God Bless
Walter
aka/ builditright

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 10:54:03 AM »
For us unwashed can you tell me which Fox 15 is the one for the hurl and what is the current record?

Thanks,
MM

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2015, 01:13:23 PM »
I believe only the "steel fin" is allowed in the Hurling Event, tho I have only read about these legendary events.

One thing, I'm not aware of any sport the Englanders have that includes significant hurling or throwing, other than the "up" type in Pubs. This seems like an unfair disadvantage to Mr. Bobs Your Uncle. My own experience is that a single shot of single malt would be a performance enhancer for this event, because it'll increase the machismo factor and significantly increase pain tolerance. As a cautionary note, you don't want to let it soak in too much, for fear of not knowing which direction to throw. Good luck to all competitors!  H^^ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here