News:

• May 23, 2024, 11:18:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New plane day! Gordan Delaney's Warburton Tony, circa 1970  (Read 879 times)

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
New plane day! Gordan Delaney's Warburton Tony, circa 1970
« on: September 19, 2015, 11:39:39 PM »
I am (once again,) the very fortunate recipient of Gordan's generosity.  
He called me up and asked if I would like a plane. ...uh, Heck Yeah!  

This is his Warburton Tony that he built and competed with in 1970.  The plane is 8 years older than I am!  
It is a testament to the quality of his building talent as it still looks very nice today, even after a several thousand flights and 45 years.  
We spent a fun afternoon fitting a fresh OS 35-S, flushing out the tank, and getting it ready to rock once again.  

Check out his new 64"/ 743" plane with the 54"/ 570" classic.

It's humbling and flattering to receive such a nice gift.  I hope to have it back in the air soon and to be a good steward of this fine ship.

What a great friend, eh!  I think so!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 06:08:49 PM by Brent Williams »
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: New plane day! Gordan Delaney's Warburton Tony, circa 1970
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 11:42:43 PM »
More pics
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2015, 11:44:09 PM »
One more with Gordan and me.

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 01:38:20 PM »
Eh, Giuseppe, dat's a lotta meataballs! You're 100% right about Gordan.  H^^ H^^ Steve 
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here