News:

• March 29, 2024, 08:15:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Member  (Read 1421 times)

Offline IdRatherBeBuilding

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Lieutenant
« on: February 03, 2019, 10:11:42 PM »
Hello All! I just joined up last night, so a little about myself.
I love building... Anything. I started building flying models at about 8 and still get into it. However life and such sends me on hiatus from time to time. Much of that has changed. I took a break from work to care for my father. And I moved out of state, so I don't really know too many folks here. As I said, I love to build. So now I'm getting back into making some balsa dust!
I have a pretty nice collection of FF/CL and RC kits, but I still hunt out plans for other designs.
I havent flown CL since the mid 80s, and those were 1/2a planes. I have a profile RM jr. That I never finished sitting around, but a couple nights ago, I started on my TF Peacemaker. I'm just sorting the kit out right now. There's a Lot of issues already with the wing materials and I haven't even grab my glue yet. I'm thinking of doing a video log on youtube on the build, and maybe some photos and a build thread here. Just some mutual banter and show and tell.
Well, Thanks for getting to know me

David Miller
David Miller

A society grows great when old men plant trees the shade they know they will never sit in

Offline Gary Dowler

• Admiral
Re: New Member
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2019, 10:36:16 PM »
Welcome aboard.  And welcome back to flying. I was also inactive from the late 80's to 2016.   So where are you located?

Gary
Profanity is the crutch of the illiterate mind

Offline John Lindberg

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2019, 07:42:26 AM »
Welcome Aboard!  ~>

Offline John Rist

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2019, 08:04:22 AM »
Sounds good.  Always like to see build photos. By the way what part of the world do you live in?   D>K

PS we have a how I got started in the hobby section.  Would love for you post your "I got started" story their.
John Rist
AMA 56277

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 12:10:50 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome!
I'm in Utah right now. About 50 mi. north of SLC. I'm originally from Oahu, Hawaii.
I'll get a post in the How I got Started section as well.
I'll get some pics of my kit build. Looks like it may turn out to be a hybrid, scratch and kit build. Balsa is nice, but some issues need to be addressed. I'll get a build thread thread going asap.

David Miller
David Miller

A society grows great when old men plant trees the shade they know they will never sit in

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 03:01:50 PM »
David,

Welcome and I'm looking forward to your Builds.  H^^

Charles

Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 02:18:12 PM »
Thanks a lot Ty.
I tried googling clubs in the area but all that came up were r/c clubs and stores.
I am in ogden. The field here is great. Im planning to join this year. I figure at the worst case, I can make a stooge and drive out there on the weekdays with my father.

David Miller
David Miller

Offline Jared Hays

• 2020 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 02:15:51 PM »
Welcome

Online Brent Williams

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Fancher Handles - Presented by Brent Williams
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 03:47:28 PM »
Hi David,

Welcome to Stunthanger.  I am in Ogden, UT as well.  We have a good bunch of control line guys in the Ogden-Layton-SLC area.  We fly regularly in Layton as a group near Gordan Delaney's home.  I fly in Ogden all the time as well with my brothers and my kids.  Feel free to send me a message and I'll get you up to speed on the group.  We have notable visitors and guests from the stunt community that come fly regularly with us as well.  World and Nats champ types, so come join our fun!

Brent Williams
Laser-cut, "Ted Fancher Precision-Pro" Hard Point Handle Kits are available again.  PM for info.
https://stunthanger.com/smf/brent-williams'-fancher-handles-and-cl-parts/ted-fancher's-precision-pro-handle-kit-by-brent-williams-information/

• Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 07:04:20 PM »
Wow!  %^@
Thanks Brent
I love this site!
I didn't think I'd find anyone flying these planes!
I guess I gotta start getting serious at my bench before the warm days come back.
David Miller

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here