News:

• May 13, 2024, 01:53:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Loctite Glue "GO2"...have you tried it?  (Read 710 times)

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
New Loctite Glue "GO2"...have you tried it?
« on: September 03, 2016, 06:51:18 PM »
Found it at the Ace hardware and thought I'd give it a try. It says it's a hybrid (Howard should like this) of Polyurethane and Polyoxysilane, whatever that is. It isn't "instant" by any stretch, but claims to be water and shock "resistant". The Spanish text says it is "Risistene a los Impactos", so I figure a model built with this stuff would be better than an Impact? Well, one could hope.

The good news for some is that it barely smells at all, and that smell is methanol. I'm going to try gluing two pieces of balsa together with it, like rib/spar. It looks like it would be excellent for gluing LE sheeting to ribs, because it has a 5 minute working time, 30 minute setting time, and 24 hr. cure. As usual, it says not to put it in your eyes or eat it.  LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: New Loctite Glue "GO2"...have you tried it?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 07:31:45 PM »
    Hi Steve;
    i got a bottle of it from the local hardware store also. it looks the same as a different manufacturers glue sold at hobby shops to repair foam models, but is much less expensive. I've used it on some foam gliders and stuff just to try it out, and so far for that use it's worked pretty good. I don't think it will sand worth a damn, though, so you better not get any where it will have to be sanded.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Motorman

• Admiral
Re: New Loctite Glue "GO2"...have you tried it?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 09:24:58 PM »
Try it on some maple and see how well it penetrates.

MM

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here