News:

• April 18, 2024, 01:55:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New kit suggestions  (Read 892 times)

Offline Matt Brown

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
New kit suggestions
« on: August 19, 2018, 06:03:04 PM »
I heard I’m getting a new K77 engine soon. I have no idea what airframe would be suitable. Everything I see is only up to a .60 or .61. I’d like something relatively easy to build and suitable for plastic film covering. I prefer more modern looking designs.

Thanks, Matt

Online mike londke

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: New kit suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »
Yes you are. I filmed the drawing. Congrats to you on your win!! H^^
AMA 48913  USPA D-19580  NRA Life Member  MI State Record Holder 50 way Freefall Formation Skydive  "Don't let the planet sneak up on you"

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2018, 06:12:22 PM »
I heard I’m getting a new K77 engine soon. I have no idea what airframe would be suitable. Everything I see is only up to a .60 or .61. I’d like something relatively easy to build and suitable for plastic film covering. I prefer more modern looking designs.

Thanks, Matt

Any modern airplane designed around a 40-60 size piped engine would be fine, I expect. I would stick to the larger models in that range 650 square inch +, but Trivial Pursuit is one of the obvious choices.

Brett

Offline Matt Brown

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2018, 06:27:19 PM »
Trivial Pusuit kit availability? Brodak is pretty much all I know. I’m currently flying an SV11 electric arf in Intermediate and will likely stay in this class through the ‘19 Nats.

Thanks, Matt

Online Brett Buck

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2018, 06:32:46 PM »
Trivial Pusuit kit availability? Brodak is pretty much all I know. I’m currently flying an SV11 electric arf in Intermediate and will likely stay in this class through the ‘19 Nats.

RSM has many more selections for modern airplanes than does Brodak:

https://www.rsmdistribution.com

There's a short kit, and a full kit for the Trivial Pursuit.

Brett

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2018, 09:37:39 PM »
Any of Randy Smith's kits would be great, and you'd get a DELUXE kit with all the hardware and such. Pick the one you like the looks of the best. It would be a sign of appreciation for donating that K.77, a plus. Don't worry about the engine displacement specs on the kits. The one thing to consider is the ground clearance, however, since the .77's prop may be getting close to the ground. Nobody likes to buzz a $50-$75 prop very often. And congratulations on the win.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Matt Brown

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 06:01:36 AM »
Any of Randy Smith's kits would be great, and you'd get a DELUXE kit with all the hardware and such. Pick the one you like the looks of the best. It would be a sign of appreciation for donating that K.77, a plus. Don't worry about the engine displacement specs on the kits. The one thing to consider is the ground clearance, however, since the .77's prop may be getting close to the ground. Nobody likes to buzz a $50-$75 prop very often. And congratulations on the win.  y1 Steve

I’m liking this idea and thank you!
I almost didn’t buy a ticket for this one as I had pretty much decided that after my Magnum build, any new stunters would be electric. Now I have to build at least one more nitro bird! Just gotta save up some cash to get one of Randy’s kits. Leaning towards the Dreadnaught because I like the somewhat elliptical wing but I like the overall lines of the Intrepid XL.

Matt

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here