News:

• May 09, 2024, 03:22:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New 46 sized P-47 design  (Read 17881 times)

Offline Pat Johnston

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Re: New 46 sized P-47 design
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2011, 02:38:05 PM »
Good, Bill.  The plans hit the mail last night.  You should see them in a day or two.  It will be fun seeing that bad boy in the air.  It has a serious presence.  Flying one at Brazil, it appeared to me that it would be extremely close to my Bearcat.  Be sure to have an adjustable elevator for tuning the muscle input.  Very important when turning corners on 60 ounce plus planes.
Pat Johnston
Skunk Works

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2011, 10:27:30 PM »
Thanks, Pat!  I have been using Tom's slider elevator horns since he first started making them.  Don't think I would even attempt to build a full fuselage plane with out one now.  It really is an important part of tuning the turn, more so than I first thought!  I have found that the Classic/smaller planes that I get finished up fairly light benefit, in my taste, from more elevator than flap.  The higher the wing loading gets, the more the ratio gets to 1-1.  I guess I "learned" to do stunts with planes that had more of an "elevator" turn, and just can't break the preference.

Can you say, "Black tank buster from the ETO P-47?" LL~ LL~  And at that size, it will really show up being "black"!  The bottom was left bare aluminum and had a stars and bars on each lower wing.  Nice nose art, too! LOL!!  Thanks to a buddy, I have a couple cans of Brodak B-25 Silver and the bottom should be "bright". ;D  (this one has me really pumped up)

Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2011, 04:55:57 PM »
Addendum:  Plans arrived TODAY!  Wow, that was FAST!  it's even bigger than I thought and I have the wings and fuselage in front of me! LOL!!

Thanks, Pat
Bill
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Mike Bush

• 22 supporter
  • Ensign
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2021, 11:06:17 AM »
Has anyone built one of Pat's 46 sized P47 ? If so what did you think of it when done?

Thanks
Mike

Offline Walter Hicks

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2021, 02:32:33 PM »
Mike I have not built theP-47 . I have however the P-40 , a larger Spitfire 626, and have a Mustang 626. Pat is an excellent designer. His planes are not only light but fly very well. He has his numbers right for performance and they look good too. I would not hesitate at all to say the P-47 would be very good. Excellent plans and he can cut you a kit too. Great Guy also.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here