News:

• April 16, 2024, 04:22:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nall in the Fall  (Read 1251 times)

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Nall in the Fall
« on: September 23, 2018, 05:05:14 PM »
The Nall in the fall events starts next week, if anyone is in the area ,  come and enjoy this great event , several control line flyers are planning to attend the event ,

I will be there Thursday, Friday and Saturday  ,    Several other flyers are arriving  on Wednesday , No contest , just  practice days , trimming models , camping and enjoying  fall Carolina weather  and flying on three of the best  groomed control line circles  in the South.

Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Don Jenkins

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Nall in the Fall
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 05:34:26 AM »
I'll be there Friday and Saturday!

Don

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 02:56:59 AM »
Triple Tree Aerodrome is looking better than ever, I made it to check in around 5 pm last night , the site is buzzing with all of the normal vendors getting set up on vendor row, the lunch tent  and vendors row is is same place as Joe Nall ,

We got set up in our camp site and got ready for a fun week of flying and catching up with friends , the grounds look great , there are lots of improvements around camping sites this year,   The 3D line has a new pilots lounge and bathroom that is very big  and first class,

Attached is a short video taken last month

Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 09:59:54 AM »
If only it was closer.  But this weekend will hopefully watching combat at Fleming Park instead of being in Tulsa for stunt flying. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 04:49:06 AM »
Weather on Thursday was light to no wind early little breezy but very nice.    Thunderstorm at dark then nice cool camping weather. Stayed up late hanger tallk ,

Thursday highlights.   Barry kids and others swimming in the river , golf cart tours , cruising the electric line for la 46 and 25 , vendor tow trips for deals and supplies , micro fasteners stop , hanger tour , museum and shop tour , main flight line  and noon demos ,

12 flights on  Brodak vector electric  , Mike  Scott and Derek Barry flew it , trimming every flight , killer airplane

Mark Weiss got in maiden flight on  new  Gordon Delaney pathfinder electric  Nice model , getting better every flight  3 trim flights then 3,full pattern flights

At Control line circles. Derek Barry ,Melissa Barry  myself , mike Scott, Dave Wenzel , dale Barry , Faye Barry , Barry kids , Mark Weiss .  Bob Shaw , Ervin Shaw ,lots of visitors lots of trainer flights
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline M. Scott

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2018, 06:27:43 PM »
Thanks everyone for a great time .
Mike Scott

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2018, 04:46:44 AM »
What a great event , Friday  was full day of fun  at Triple tree aerodrome , Saturday was not as busy , but just as fun ,  we lefty the field on Saturday evening late , exhausted from several days of daylight to dark flying flights , cookouts , camping,  kids enjoying the hobby, etc,

Thank  you to The entire Triple Tree Aerodrome organization for providing such a wonderful place for friends and family tonenjoybour hobby , Any a thank you to Mark Weiss for the vision of adding control line to the Triple Tree  site,

Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here