News:

• March 28, 2024, 03:48:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My Pictures  (Read 6312 times)

Offline EddyR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
My Pictures
« on: December 30, 2017, 12:55:09 PM »
 How can you resist a tag like "My Pictures"   Well that is just what this is going to be,My pictures taken on film. None of these are from the digital age. A few were taken by Eric V and David Merrithew but 99% are going to be mine. They go back into the 1950's and stop around 2002. I am moving this spring and have been giving many modeling things away and do not want to move these old albums. This way they get scanned and the hard copies go in the trash. Some have been posted before but not many. None of these are copies from the internet. Anyone is free to usa any of these as they want. No permission is needed. I will keep adding until I run out. If you see someone you recognize or a place .contest let me know. My information may be incorrect on some photos as much time has gone since they were taken.
 These first three are my first SV-11. Then Bill Rich Vititante and his plane he brought from NY with him when he was flying Advanced.
 The last picture has some well known modelers and models from a KOI many years ago

Many more to come
Locust NC 40 miles from the Huntersville field

Offline Will Davis

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: My Pictures
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 01:19:23 PM »
Ed,

Thanks for posting ,    More. ,,,,
Will Davis
"Carolina Gang"

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 05:20:17 PM »
Eddy,

Wow!

Thanks for Posting all that.

Some really great looking models there!

CB
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Online James Lee

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 06:58:13 PM »
Image #113 is Dave Platt's 'Ambassador' with Oliver Tiger 2.5 diesel.   I flew it after OTS was over...  VERY interesting!  I think the motor weighed more than the airframe!
#114  Todd Lee trying not to step on my Super Zilch.  Anderson Spitfire on spark, dope and tissue and Horribly heavy!  Todd's galloping Comedian is right behind it.  Fox 35, Sig dope and Silk covering
#115 Jack Sheeks Barn Storm ER
Good times...
Jim

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 08:06:42 PM »
  I am moving this spring and have been giving many modeling things away and do not want to move these old albums. This way they get scanned and the hard copies go in the trash.

This is great stuff, these old photos are priceless. Even with scanning them and storing them wherever I would never throw the originals in the trash. Lose a disc, or have one computer crash, and they're gone forever.

Thanks for sharing, and looking forward to seeing more.
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline PerttiMe

• Admiral
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 02:08:03 AM »
Good stuff!
This caught my eye. Any idea what exactly it is?

I built a Blue Pants as a kid. Wish I still had it. Might even learn to fly it.

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 05:50:22 PM »
 Love seeing that Burn's Wildcat, I've only ever seen a couple of photos but still one of my favorite models of all time. Wish I could have seen it in person.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 09:09:41 PM by wwwarbird »

Wayne Willey

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 06:09:16 PM »
Perttime
 At least ten years before at the New England Nats this picture was taken by David Merrithew. It is the same builder and the painting is the same but the model has slight differences. It is typical of 1970's models from the north east. With this builder it is all about the finish. I remember his plane as being outstanding and a work of art. At the 1988 nats there were many beautifully painted planes. I was totally taken back when my plane sat in the center of the second row. I used very little color and it was very subdued not a jump out at you.
  The builder may have been Glen Meadow . I never knew him so it is hard to come up with a name. If not Glen then one of the NJ guys

Yes, that is a Glen Meador plane.
Sitting right behind mine!

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 07:57:58 PM »
Very Good . Meadors  EAGLE . ( you can read it on the wing  :-X )

This is somewhat intresting , assume he got Brian Dykes Wyvern drawing , unless he repeated the exercise of drawing one . looks like a S T G-51 .

Second Thoughts , looks like a ' one of ' . not a portly as Brians .
Got any details , or flight reports .
F. S. Beaufighter at least , the Diheadralled tailplain aided stability . Wonder if V tails are steadier on same planform ?? . H^^ Thanks for the oogle

Offline Dick Tyndall

• 23 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 08:10:44 PM »
    I saw Ron Burns fly the Wildcat quite a few times. Since we were from the same area ( Richmond, Va. ) we would get together and fly sometimes with Charlie Perkinson and the late Jimmy Paul. Ron has always been an excellent craftsman and knows how to put things together to make them work like he wants them to. It always blew me away to watch the Wildcat do the complete pattern. And Ron was no slouch with the handle, either.........

Dick Tyndall
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 10:17:53 AM by Dick Tyndall »

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2018, 09:47:48 AM »
Paul      What year was that New England nats. I have quite a few pictures from it.
Ed

There's so little of my plane showing, I can't determine which one it was.
If it was in Mass, they were there in 83 and 85.

The Eagle was made by Glen Meador, from NJ..
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 06:59:10 PM by Paul Walker »

Online Warren Wagner

• 22 supporter
  • Commander
  • Bradenton, FL
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2018, 10:20:35 AM »
Eddy,

Those old photos are just priceless.  Thanks for taking the time to
scan and post them.

They are too valuable to just throw away.   I wonder if John Brodak
might be interested in them for his controline museum.  A portion of
them would make a great nostalgia display there.

Cheers.

Warren Wagner
Warren Wagner
AMA 1385

Offline Rick Campbell

• Lieutenant
Re: My Pictures . . . Chipmunks
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2018, 02:45:05 PM »
Eddy . . . I really like the two Chipmunks. Were they straight-up stock Sig kits or tricked out/modded in some way?  Thanks for posting all these photos!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 11:22:23 AM by Rick Campbell »

Offline Peter Nevai

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
    • C3EL
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2018, 05:21:40 PM »
Perttime
 At least ten years before at the New England Nats this picture was taken by David Merrithew. It is the same builder and the painting is the same but the model has slight differences. It is typical of 1970's models from the north east. With this builder it is all about the finish. I remember his plane as being outstanding and a work of art. At the 1988 nats there were many beautifully painted planes. I was totally taken back when my plane sat in the center of the second row. I used very little color and it was very subdued not a jump out at you.
  The builder may have been Glen Meadow . I never knew him so it is hard to come up with a name. If not Glen then one of the NJ guys

The modeler was from Cedar Grove N.J The resolution is a bit low to pull out the name on the inboard wing panel. Perhaps I can tease it out using Photoshop or Light room.

https://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=48997.0;attach=279832;image
Words Spoken by the first human to set foot on Mars... "Now What?"

Offline Paul Walker

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2018, 07:00:24 PM »
The modeler was from Cedar Grove N.J The resolution is a bit low to pull out the name on the inboard wing panel. Perhaps I can tease it out using Photoshop or Light room.

https://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=48997.0;attach=279832;image

The builder/pulot was Glen Meador. I had the in my original post but some how it got truncated.

Offline Peter Nevai

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
    • C3EL
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 07:21:29 PM »
The builder/pulot was Glen Meador. I had the in my original post but some how it got truncated.
Yup GLEN E MEADOR AMA # 41323 he is still an active AMA Member
Words Spoken by the first human to set foot on Mars... "Now What?"

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2018, 06:49:50 AM »
last for Westover nats

Offline Manuel Cortes

• Commander
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2018, 12:29:52 PM »
Thanks for share those pieces of real jewelry, Eddy.

Kind regards.

Manuel.

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2018, 05:04:50 PM »
1600 + view but not many comments. I guess I will just cut it off mid week.

I think most of us are in awe of all the wonderful history you're presenting here. I am amazed, and I thank you for going through all the work you're doing just to post these pictures and commentary.

Offline Bill Adair

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA 182626
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2018, 05:14:51 PM »
Ed,

Perhaps (like me) everyone is enthralled by all those beautiful airplanes? I didn't want to bother you with unnecessary comments, as I know how much work it is for you to post the photos.

The photos speak for themselves, and I've enjoyed every one of them!  H^^

Thank you for posting, and please don't stop until we get to see them all!

Bill

Not a flyer (age related), but still love the hobby!

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2018, 05:20:55 PM »
1600 + view but not many comments. I guess I will just cut it off mid week.

I've been checking back here everyday. No new comments, yet, but very much enjoying the photos.  y1

Wayne Willey

Offline George Truett

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2018, 05:21:49 PM »
Amazing pictures, please keep it going. 

Eric Viglione

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2018, 12:57:55 PM »
Man, being from the southeast, a lot of those pic's bring me back! I think I took some of those, and I might have some more from the old Joe Mead days... but I'd have to dig a bit.

Great job scanning all these.

As for falling down the stairs on the ice, DON'T DO THAT!!!! (Unless you want to end up like Randy Powell with a fractured hip!)  n1

That last pic with the Ares in the foreground should get a rise out of Big Bear. I'm pretty sure that was 2001 KOI, or at least that is the folder name I have, with another picture of that Ares. (see below)

I think I've got photo's of almost every KOI from 2000 forward on my PC, but the earlier one's I'd have to find on film... which may be buried deep.

Here is one extra shot of you on the OTS top 3 podium along with a youthful Dale and Tommy, maybe it will help with some of the pain in your backside.  n~

Eric

Offline gene poremba

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2018, 04:21:53 PM »

I look forward to these pictures. Keep em coming!.....Gene

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2018, 05:29:57 PM »
last for Westover nats

Wow, Eddie!  That picture of the Celebration at Westover is probably the only picture I know of that airplane other than hanging on my shop wall in the background of a couple of pics of Shareen and I with her late Uncle.  I had forgotten I'd even taken it to a Nats.  Do you recall what year those pictures were taken?

Thanks for sharing.  I'd love to have that pic to include in my facebook airplane album.  Is it attachable to an email?

Ted Fancher

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2018, 05:43:19 PM »

Thanks for sharing.  I'd love to have that pic to include in my facebook airplane album.  Is it attachable to an email?

Ted,

I think you should be able to just right click on the photo and then follow the prompt "save photo as" and save it to your computer documents or desktop, then do whatever you wish with it from there. I'm a computer illiterate but I've saved quite a few pics that way. Once you have it saved you can even order prints online from your favorite photo lab.

Wayne Willey

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2018, 05:49:49 PM »

These pics are a real treasure Eddy, I can't believe you're even considering throwing them away.

Wayne Willey

Offline Skip Chernoff

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2018, 05:50:41 PM »
That Mustang with the checkerboard tail was Danny Banjock's .It finally bought the farm at the Middlesex contest last year. It fell apart in midair from age and use! The yellow Spitfire had to be Joe Adamusko's. He's got a fleet of them. One more beautiful than the next.

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2018, 08:25:56 AM »
These are from a meet a long ago at Jacksonville in the summer. Maybe 1980
Do not know the builder of the Impulse but I do remember the single gear on body center and tip skids.
 this is not an Impulse but a scratch built Scorpio. that got me back into flying.dont remember why I put Impulse on the wing ,maybe because I built it on an Impulse. had to be 83 or 84

I have to stop for a while as my back is killing me . I fell down a flight of stairs yesterday on the ice ,nothing broke but huge bruise from my ass to my shoulder
rad racer

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2018, 09:16:06 AM »
Hello!  Not to be disrespectful to you and your collection, I have to agree with Dane.  These photos are wonderful to look at, and to see the creativity of model builders from times past but that's just it .... times past!  Sadly but understandably, there's little identification of the various models, comparison of how one handles versus another, how it was built, dimensions, availability of plans, etceteras.  While they are very nice to look at, in the end, they are wonderfully preserved memories of days/models past!  Nevertheless, I do thank you for sharing.  I've enjoyed sharing your memories  :).

Offline Dennis Adamisin

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2018, 01:35:53 PM »
Keep them coming Eddy!
Denny Adamisin
Fort Wayne, IN

As I've grown older, I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake!

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2018, 02:56:08 PM »
Hello!  Not to be disrespectful to you and your collection, I have to agree with Dane.  These photos are wonderful to look at, and to see the creativity of model builders from times past but that's just it .... times past!  Sadly but understandably, there's little identification of the various models, comparison of how one handles versus another, how it was built, dimensions, availability of plans, etceteras.  While they are very nice to look at, in the end, they are wonderfully preserved memories of days/models past!  Nevertheless, I do thank you for sharing.  I've enjoyed sharing your memories  :).

Jim I would not want to bore you any more so all 1800 are gone

Offline bob whitney

• Admiral
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2018, 03:21:02 PM »
what happened ,we have lost some of the pictures
rad racer

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2018, 03:35:20 PM »
Ted,

I think you should be able to just right click on the photo and then follow the prompt "save photo as" and save it to your computer documents or desktop, then do whatever you wish with it from there. I'm a computer illiterate but I've saved quite a few pics that way. Once you have it saved you can even order prints online from your favorite photo lab.

Thanks Warbird.  I did just that and now have it included in my facebook "Ted's Airplanes" album.  A very pleasant addition for which I thank you and, especially EddieR.

Ted

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 06:06:18 PM »

And it was necessary to delete all that were already posted? Really? What a waste. 

Wayne Willey

Offline Doug Moon

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 08:39:13 PM »
What the hell?  Why on earth would you burn those pics?
Doug Moon
AMA 496454
Dougmoon12@yahoo.com

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2018, 09:24:29 PM »
What the hell?  Why on earth would you burn those pics?

Apparently Jim's comments above pi$$ed him off.

Eddy did say early on that he was going to throw them out after he scanned them all, which is still crazy IMO. Heck, I was about ready to offer covering the shipping if he would mail them to me instead. Too late now, what a shame.  :(

Wayne Willey

Offline Dane Martin

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
  • heli pilot BHOR
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2018, 09:31:40 PM »
Apparently Jim's comments above pi$$ed him off.

Eddy did say early on that he was going to throw them out after he scanned them all, which is still crazy IMO. Heck, I was about ready to offer covering the shipping if he would mail them to me instead. Too late now.  :(

I would have offered the same. If that pic is real (I believe it to be) then I'm actually a little sad about this.

Eddy, I hope all is well with you. We don't know each other, but I certainly hope nothing on this thread upset you to the point to get rid of those pics. I appreciate the time you spent to post them for everyone to enjoy.

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2018, 10:14:25 AM »
I too hope that is a fake picture that Eddy posted.   Too much history in those pictures and with a little help from people most could have been identified as to builder/owner of each of them.  Hopefully he got them all on a disc or computer. :(
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Serge_Krauss

• Admiral
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2018, 10:35:31 AM »
I think many of us have hit the age when we are concerned about too much of our "stuff" owning us and about what kind of mess we leave our kids to deal with. I've started addressing this, but I am hoping to be able to preserve certain things, including my library, for someone or people  who will appreciate it. There are  pictures,...many of them. I hope Eddy hasn't given up on his, for many of us have enjoyed this post for just that reason that they should be preserved.

SK

Offline Jim Carter

• Admiral
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2018, 01:09:32 PM »
Greetings!  EddyR, please, apparently you misunderstood or I failed to express my feelings.  I enjoyed seeing the photos!  As a fairly young guy, I never saw many of the designs and have no way to research them.  You on the other hand, saw them, touched many of them, was able to talk with the builders/designers, these are memories, I'll never have.  I regret the miscommunication.

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2018, 11:16:49 PM »
The 70s , late 60s and Hi-Po stuff , are SIMPLY MAGIC in Vivid Tecnicolour to us Forigners who have seen llittle other than dried up black & white magazine stuff.

Thanks for the effort , Eddie .  H^^

Offline Ron Burn

• New Pilot
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2018, 03:28:29 PM »
In reply to Wayne Willey and Dick("Dicky") Tyndall,

Thanks, It was fun to build and fun to fly. As you know Dick, it wasn't a hangar queen. I flew it for five years as my every day stunter until I did something stupid and dorked it.

Best wishes to all.

Ron B

Attached are some pics of it's successor.

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2018, 04:06:32 PM »
That Wildcat is awesome.  I bet it would really rip with a PA-75!
Steve

Offline Ron Burn

• New Pilot
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2018, 05:30:10 PM »

Steve,

Thanks, but the Tigre 60 was more than enough. It only weighed 60+ oz. with 675 squares.

Ron B.

Offline EddyR

• Admiral
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2018, 06:15:36 PM »
    Ron      I remember Ted and I standing there and thinking that your plane should be number one. The judges were on a shinny airplane mood.
That was the only picture of your plane I had.

I have a copy of everything I posted but all originals  are gone.
 They went where they were all going they just went a week early
     I was going to ask that it all be taken down in a few weeks as pictures take up a lot off room
Let the past stay in the past.
    The week before I posted these I deleted 17,000 digital images of models aircraft
 Everything that was on this computer is gone as I loaded a new operating system today.
EddyR

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2018, 08:06:06 PM »
In reply to Wayne Willey and Dick("Dicky") Tyndall,

Thanks, It was fun to build and fun to fly. As you know Dick, it wasn't a hangar queen. I flew it for five years as my every day stunter until I did something stupid and dorked it.

Best wishes to all.

Ron B

Attached are some pics of it's successor.

Looks like another masterpiece Ron, I never knew there were two. I've always wished I could build at that level. I don't know if you still have the Wildcat but either way, don't throw away the photos!

Wayne Willey

Advertise Here
Tags: f4f-3 wildcat ron burn 

Advertise Here