News:

• April 25, 2024, 07:20:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My first stencil  (Read 942 times)

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
My first stencil
« on: January 04, 2019, 09:40:17 AM »
Not really airplane related but I thought I would show this. I have no more patience for cutting and masking with an exacto knife so I picked up a scanncut2. What I like about it is it has a built in scanner. Just scan you're image and it will spit out a stencil in less than 2 minutes. Here I took a photo of American bulldog Rocky and with free photo editing tools I converted it to black and white then added contrast. This shows the stencil that I will use to spray paint the image to a black t-shirt. In the future I will use it to cut vinyls masks for airplanes. Let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 05:24:34 AM by kevin king »

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: My first stencil
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 03:04:58 PM »
That is very cool.  Tell us a bit more about this system like where you got it, how much, etc. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 02:19:17 PM »
Sounds pretty good, Kevin. Two clicks of the mouse and I had the info Glenn wants.  ;D Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Glenn (Gravitywell) Reach

• Gravitywell
  • 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 02:41:45 PM »
Yeah....Steve's far more "clicky" than I am! n~  Hows the fabulous left coast Steve?  Are you guys still able to fly there?  We got about three feet of snow here, so not getting out so much. H^^
Glenn Reach
Westlock, Alberta
gravitywell2011 @ gmail . com

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 04:03:12 PM »
Hahahaha, Glenn! Actually, nice day today...a bit cold here, no sneaux, not windy...but that's today...the weekend was windy and power outages possibly put a crimp on things for the electron burning stunt grunts, but not me! No, no, no, not me! I had the truck full of tree stumps and stuff to take to the "transfer station" (dump), so no bueno for spiffy stunt planes, or even my stunt planes...

Anyhoo, I highlighted the word  "scanncut2", right-clicked on it, and DuckDuckGo brought up 6-8 sources, including prices. Amazon Prime offered a "refurb" for about $180 US. Thanks to my buddy Kev for spelling "scanncut2" correctly! Sometimes, the details matter...   mw~ Steve 
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Ron Varnas

• 2018 Supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2019, 05:02:14 PM »
Is that a American Staffordshire  :o
RJV Melb. Australia

Offline kevin king

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2019, 04:19:07 AM »
Is that a American Staffordshire  :o
It's an American Bulldog Ron. I made this coffee mug too. With all my stunt projects in storage I don't have much to work on anymore.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 08:26:00 AM by kevin king »

Advertise Here
Tags: paint masks 

Advertise Here