News:

• June 17, 2024, 09:07:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fuel Mix Calculator Spreadsheet  (Read 541 times)

Offline Colin McRae

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • Are we having fun yet??
Fuel Mix Calculator Spreadsheet
« on: December 29, 2022, 11:42:27 AM »
I came across this glow fuel mixture calculator spreadsheet that I thought I would share.

A few notes on its use:

1. The calc is based on 32 oz of finished volume. (The results at the bottom are just simple ratios in case one wants to mix up 16 oz, or 128 oz (1-gallon))

2. Only need to input values in the blue shaded cells. (All other cells are calculated values)

3. If you are just adding castor to a single fuel, set the amount of Fuel B to zero.

4. Adjust the amount of fuel (Cell A5) up or down until you arrive at the total oil amount you need (Cell C14)

5. The numbers in the spreadsheet are 'an example' where I wanted to take a Brodak 23% oil fuel (50/50 syn/castor) and increase the total oil to 28% for use on an OS Max S-30 engine. I removed approx 2 oz from the quart bottle and added back in 2 oz of castor.

6. Some of the other calculated results are interesting. For example, the mixture nitro content drops from the original 10% to 9.3%.

Offline Doug Moisuk

• 23 supporter
  • Commander
Re: Fuel Mix Calculator Spreadsheet
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2022, 12:26:01 PM »
What program is that in. Format?
I can’t open it?
Doug Moisuk
MAAC 3360L

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2022, 01:08:25 PM »
While I didn't fuss around with it, it opened fine for me. It's an Excel program. I didn't know my confuser did that stuff, but my son built me a new setup a couple of years ago and made it fancier than I really needed it to be. I guess I'll have to save the file. Normally, I just do the Algebra...that's why it exists.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Colin McRae

• Captain
  • Are we having fun yet??
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2022, 01:44:14 PM »
What program is that in. Format?
I can’t open it?

Sorry, it is an Excel spreadsheet, however, the newer version of Excel (an .xlsx file)

Here it is again in the older version of Excel (an .xls file)

Offline 944_Jim

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2022, 03:29:34 PM »
That looks like the Andy Batts calculator. It IS my favorite specifically because it does the magic against two known fuels and castor for a combined computed value. I do some re-arranging for 8 ounce blends for a day's.worth of flying/making noise (I fly 1/2A).

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here