News:

• April 18, 2024, 01:04:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Musciano Michigan Leroy Rich Frank Larry  (Read 2353 times)

Offline peter_gibbons

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Ensign
Musciano Michigan Leroy Rich Frank Larry
« on: September 30, 2006, 08:39:32 PM »
I just wanted to post out here and thank you all for putting on such a great deal.  Everyone that I knew, that was there, had a blast. Everyone we met there was great. We just got home here and I just got done putting my son to bed. He cant stop talking about how all the planes were 'buzzing around' and how nice everyone was.  Thanks again guys, thanks to Leroy and Rich for a great contest, thanks to Walt for everything hes done for everyone, thanks to Larry for putting the biggest smile on my sons face, even with the lightning, and especially thanks to Jay Williams and Dan Miles for being the nicest guys ever.... Harrison thinks the world of you.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline peter_gibbons

• Ensign
Re: Musciano Michigan Leroy Rich Frank Larry
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 08:51:56 PM »
pics...

Offline peter_gibbons

• Ensign
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 09:00:02 PM »
more pics..

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 09:03:03 PM »
Nice to see the future NATS champs
AMA 12366

Offline Leroy Heikes

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2006, 07:31:55 AM »
Ryan;
    Thanks for attending our event. Despite the weather reports it was a great day. Harrison is going to be a great flyer.
    Us guys on the west side of the state need to learn how to get these little engines running faster. My wife kept asking me how come none of us had engines like the rest of you. I kept telling here they are the same engines. They just know how to make them run better.

Leroy

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2006, 07:31:31 PM »
Leroy and the club did a great job of pulling this together. Somehow they managed to have Walt Musciano himself and Larry Rice the owner of Blackhawk Models. It was a pleasure to meet both of these men.
Jay Williams was very busy helping the kids. In the pic I'm attaching Jay is helping Eric Brewer get in his first ever c/l flight.
Frank Carlisle

Offline Leroy Heikes

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 05:37:19 AM »
I went out to the field yesterday to take down the canopies, and it sure was lonely.  :'( Had a great time on Sat,  ;D and I hope every one else did too. Frank what ever happend to the video of the triplane?  :D

Leroy

Offline peter_gibbons

• Ensign
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 07:13:54 AM »
Hey Leroy... you have to get a screamin black widow with a 5x3 prop and high compression head in that triplane, that sure was cool lookin.....

Offline Leroy Heikes

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 08:12:39 AM »
You should have seen it try to fly with a OK Cub in it. It didn't do anything. I was surprised it actually would fly straight and level. It had one of the latest model black widows in it, but the new tank will not allow it to fly inverted. It always quites if you stay inverted to long. I need to find a spare metal black widow tank to put on that engine.

Leroy

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 09:41:21 AM »
Great pictures of the doings.  The smiles on them faces made me think of Emmy's first contest.  We were in Tulsa this past weekend which had terrific weather.  Saturday just enough breeze to get rid of the turbulance and Sunday just a tad bit more.  Emmy now has a wingover and partial eight under her belt now.  Myself I can't imagine the thrill those young lads had meeting two of the greats in this hobby and all the others that were there.  Now if we can get more grand parents or parents to spend time with the youngsters.  As Big Art Adimisin stated one or more times, better family time together.  By the way there were 5, count them, 5 Jr Beginner entries in Tulsa.  Later,  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline peter_gibbons

• Ensign
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 11:21:39 AM »
Thats strange.. the last batch of Black Widows I saw had the inverted tank. It should be an inverted setup if it has the fill tube at the top and the drain at the bottom. if it doesn't, you can get one here... http://www.airfield2000.com/cox-01995.html  If it is an inverted setup (with filler on top and drain on bottom) take the tank back off and make sure the fuel pickup tube is in the lower left part of the tank (there should be two 'tangs' that the tube fits in, all curled up toward the back and cozy).  If after all that, you still aren't getting the rpms out of it... take the cylinder off and see if its a dual bypass cylinder (two cutouts, one on either side at the bottom.  If it isnt... get yourself one of those production cox motors at www.coxmodels.com and just throw your tank (well, screw it on, not throw it on, it probably wouldnt line up if you threw it on) on that crankcase assembly. Post back on here when you get a chance to try it....  plus, just for kicks, try running 15% nitro instead of 30 with real castor... i just ran a blackwidow setup (used to be a babe bee with stunt tank)yesterday with 6x3 prop that was revving as fast a paul's at the contest... bizzarre....

Offline peter_gibbons

• Ensign
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 11:44:18 AM »
Hey DOC... How old is Emmy?  I'm right there with ya...  Nothing is better than seeing my son with a huge smile on his face and having fun with good people.  I take my son and get together with the guys out in Flint, MI once every weekend (or twice if I can).  Jim Morway, Dan Miles, John Paris, Jay Williams, Dan Boka,  they're all some of the best guys around.  Now that Im 32, its hard to believe that these guys (well some anyway) are the ones I used to read about in Model Aviation when I was a kid.  It just makes my day when I see him out flying with Jay, and Jay actually letting go of the handle and him flying that big plane by himself, even at 4 years old. Come to think of it, I don't know if they all realize what excellent memories and experiences they are creating for him. (I dont teach this kind of thing very well)

Everyone at this contest was really really super which speaks volumes for this community.  Leroy and Rich knocked it out of the park (or airport if you want to split hairs). What a super great deal that whole day was!! I hope they do it again next year. I will be there for sure. The biggest deal was, everyone was welcome, at every skill level, and the kids were all super...

Offline Leroy Heikes

• ACE
  • Commander
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 11:48:03 AM »
Ryan;
    Do you have more pictures? I got so busy I didn't take any. The Museum would like some for their news letter. Thanks for the compliments, but the success of the event was do to the people who showed up to participate! y1 y1

Leroy

Offline peter_gibbons

• Ensign
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 11:55:11 AM »
Ya, i'll email you the ones that I got and the ones that Frank Carlisle got.

Offline peter_gibbons

• Ensign
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2006, 12:07:56 PM »
Ok, i just sent them to your address that is in your profile.  There are two different emails... Let me know if you dont get them within the hour (My connection is horrid)

Offline frank carlisle

• 2013 Supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 12:42:41 PM »
While I was reading the posts it got me to thinking about these little airplanes. They really do fly and are a lot of fun. I hope Leroy is already planning on the next Musciano contest.

Here are more pix.

#1 is Walt Musciano
#2 Is Larry "the Red Baron"
#3 Is my buddy Skip with Walt--Skip took concours with that lil Cub.
The rest of the pix are models that were entered.
Frank Carlisle

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here