News:

• April 25, 2024, 08:58:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My freind Jerry Olson  (Read 858 times)

Offline Leo Mehl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
My freind Jerry Olson
« on: April 19, 2013, 08:21:03 AM »
This year my freind Jerry Olson will do our contest as a beginner and though he is retired from the  post office he has managed to acquire the flying skills to do the beginner pattern and we all went through his development and dissapointments he had along the way. As you know we are not all blessed with the same talents so I am proud of the fact that I have a freind that can do the beginner pattern I am wishing you the best of luck my freind. H^^ HH%%

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
Re: My freind Jerry Olson
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 08:45:25 AM »
I believe beginner and intermediate flyer's are at the real fun stages of this hobby. Once you move beyond intermediate it becomes more serious.

Good luck to your friend.

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 08:53:52 AM »
I believe beginner and intermediate flyer's are at the real fun stages of this hobby. Once you move beyond intermediate it becomes more serious.

Good luck to your friend.

I agree, Bob!  The early times in contest flying were the most raw fun I have had in this hobby.

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Brad Smith

• Commander
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 09:06:28 AM »
becomes more serious realy now Bob do you think  i will get serious now that im flying advance lol LL~ hmm maybe
Brad smith AMA780054

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 09:50:22 AM »
Me, I guess I have started to tell myself to just have more fun since I moved to Advanced.   Never flew a beginner pattern, but have flown intermediate against guys that should have been in expert.   And Leo you make sure you and the kid keep having fun.   Found a pic of you with the demented poodle at VSC if I can get it downloaded.   
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline Paul Taylor

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
  • If God is your Co-pilot - swap seats!
    • Our Local CL Web Page
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 10:30:34 AM »
Hey Leo
I think I met Jerry on one of my stops at Delta Park.

I wish him nothing but lite winds and overcast Portland sky's. And two other people to fly against.

One of the toughest contest that everyone watched a few years back was between my son Ryan and me in intermediate at the MSC contest. I beat him by just a few points or less.  LL~

As Bob said it was fun as everyone waited in anticipation on the last score put on the board.
Paul
AMA 842917

Tight Lines = Fun Times

Offline Duke.Johnson

• 2014 Supporters
  • Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 10:39:21 AM »
Hey Leo
I think I met Jerry on one of my stops at Delta Park.

I wish him nothing but lite winds and overcast Portland sky's. And two other people to fly against. 

Is Jerry flying this weekend at Delta Park?  If you need another beginner I might be able to get my oldest son to throw his hat in. He doesn't know the whole pattern, well he knows it but is afraid of outsides and has never entered a stunt contest.  We will only be there Sunday for Carrier though.

Offline Tim Wescott

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2013, 10:55:28 AM »
Is Jerry flying this weekend at Delta Park?  If you need another beginner I might be able to get my oldest son to throw his hat in. He doesn't know the whole pattern, well he knows it but is afraid of outsides and has never entered a stunt contest.  We will only be there Sunday for Carrier though.

Sunday is the time for beginner pattern.  There's no shame in just flying the parts you can do -- and hey, maybe it'll get him interested in trying to fly upside down like the rest of us crazies.  If attendance is the way it's been the last couple of years he'll get a trophy just for takeoff, wingover, and landing.
AMA 64232

The problem with electric is that once you get the smoke generator and sound system installed, the plane is too heavy.

Joe Just

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2013, 01:35:44 PM »
This year my freind Jerry Olson will do our contest as a beginner and though he is retired from the  post office he has managed to acquire the flying skills to do the beginner pattern and we all went through his development and dissapointments he had along the way. As you know we are not all blessed with the same talents so I am proud of the fact that I have a freind that can do the beginner pattern I am wishing you the best of luck my freind. H^^ HH%%
Leo, If time permits on Sunday I would love to interview Jerry for the next issue of CLW.
Joe

Offline Leo Mehl

• Admiral
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2013, 09:37:51 PM »
Hey Joe Jerry would love being a cerlenerty in everones eyes. He always tells me after a flying session that he is in complete control and he is. H^^

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here