News:

• April 16, 2024, 05:38:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mike Pratt’s FB & Messenger hacked  (Read 565 times)

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
Mike Pratt’s FB & Messenger hacked
« on: June 15, 2022, 08:47:11 AM »
I’m pretty sure Mike Pratt’s account on facebook & FB Messenger has been hacked.  His account is messaging me right now about buying into some GGF educational scam.  Info text below:

{WARNING: There has been a scam going around on facebook where accounts have been approaching individuals as “agents” of Global Greengrants Fund saying they can provide funding. These accounts are NOT in any way affiliated with Global Greengrants Fund, and they should be ignored and reported. As a reminder, we are an environmental and human rights nonprofit that gives small grants to activists recommended to us by a network of expert advisors. We are not a financial assistance program for individuals. Furthermore, Global Greengrants Fund does NOT use facebook to distribute grants. Please never give your personal or bank information to any solicitor on facebook. If you are a victim to one of these scams, please notify the police and/or the FBI.}

Offline Paul Wescott

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Re: Mike Pratt’s FB & Messenger hacked
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 09:24:25 AM »
Update: Scammer changed the profile pic on Mikey’s FB page.  James mills asked if Mikey had messaged him, and the scammer replied yes.  But it looked like Mikey replying.  Bart Klapinski said good pic and the scammer thanked Bart.  I posted the same question (Can you name one of your designs Mike?) and the entire post / thread was deleted within seconds, pretty much proving it was NOT Mike Pratt at the keyboard.

I reported the Messenger thread to FB as a hacked account.
I messaged Mikey Pratt here on SH through PM.
I messaged James Mills and Bart Klapinski through their FB Messenger accounts.

Warning!  Anyone who had Mike Pratt on their friend list in FB is at risk.  As much as I hate to say this Be VERY careful about messages and/or posts by “Mike Pratt” OR ANYONE FROM MIKE PRATT’s “FRIENDS” LIST (yeah unfortunately I’m on that list too) because it might not be the real Mike Pratt or the real friend of.

I wish someone knew exactly how to fix this insidious identity theft nonsense.  One reason I love this old-school forum: It’s darn near impossible to hack and impersonate someone.

Just so you know, you can trust me, you can totally trust me, LOL.  I don’t know how to prove I’m really me but if anyone comes up with a good test…

The Real Paul W. lol…

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2022, 07:56:10 PM »
As one who has had their FB account "hacked", I was told that changing my password and photo was key to getting right.

Mark Scarborough informed me that FB accounts are not technically "hacked", but "cloned", which sorta makes sense.

What we really need is Chuck Norris & Delta Force to track these people down and 86 their asses...IMHO.  y1 Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 09:57:04 PM »
   I have been getting messages in Messenger on FB like this from Dee Rice and Pat King. They send a link and a message about "look who dies recently. I just delete the messages and don't touch the link. Mike's daughter was posting on the account that it was NOT Mikey, but the imposter kept saying it was. Really stupid. May the bird of paradise fly up their nose and take a big CRAP!!
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline MikeyPratt

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 09:24:33 AM »
Guys,
 It has been hacked for sure so I don’t use it, I didn’t like it much anyway but this POS person or people have P-M -O that I no longer us it.  I do wish that facebook had a way of stopping this crap from happening, the ones that are responsible will get it in the end but for now I won’t use it.

Take Care,
Mikey

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 01:23:13 PM »
Now you wonder why the old DOC doesn't add friends on facebook. D>K
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here