News:

• May 04, 2024, 05:48:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: magnum 52 xl blue head  (Read 12647 times)

Offline proparc

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: magnum 52 xl blue head
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2016, 02:20:42 PM »
The reason I went with this motor was because I needed good reliable engines at a cheap price, and since they quit making the LA 46 I needed something. I  could auger in three or four of these engines for the price of one nice stunt engines.With me just starting the pattern again it just make more sense .I own a really nice ro jett 61 but I'm not there yet.Just explaining sorry about the ramble.

This is an EXTREMELY sensible approach, and one that is seldom discussed. When you are trying to get your act together in stunt, #$%^ happens. Having reliable affordable motors that you don't have to commit suicide, if you auger one in is the way to go. Also,(and this is controversial) more affordable motors, makes you more aggressive when learning the pattern. You crack the corners harder, and drop them lower. Trust me on this, when you are learning on a $150 front end, as opposed to a $550 front end, you become less gun shy.
Milton "Proparc" Graham

Offline Avaiojet

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Just here for the fun of it also.
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2016, 02:56:10 PM »
This is an EXTREMELY sensible approach, and one that is seldom discussed. When you are trying to get your act together in stunt, #$%^ happens. Having reliable affordable motors that you don't have to commit suicide, if you auger one in is the way to go. Also,(and this is controversial) more affordable motors, makes you more aggressive when learning the pattern. You crack the corners harder, and drop them lower. Trust me on this, when you are learning on a $150 front end, as opposed to a $550 front end, you become less gun shy.

Proparc,

I'm guessing there are many NIB OS LA 46's available. Modelers have plenty of them, don't doubt me.

I have five of them NIB and by some standards, I'm not even a modeler.  LL~

There are many Forum members, it wouldn't hurt to ask from time to time. Someone might feel generous and give one up. Well, of course for the exchange of currency, or possibly something else. Ya never know.

Just a suggestion.

Charles
Trump Derangement Syndrome. TDS. 
Avaiojet Derangement Syndrome. ADS.
Amazing how ignorance can get in the way of the learning process.
If you're Trolled, you know you're doing something right.  Alpha Mike Foxtrot. "No one has ever made a difference by being like everyone else."  Marcus Cordeiro, The "Mark of Excellence," you will not be forgotten. "No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."- Mark Twain. I look at the Forum as a place to contribute and make friends, some view it as a Realm where they could be King.   Proverb 11.9  "With his mouth the Godless destroys his neighbor..."  "Perhaps the greatest challenge in modeling is to build a competitive control line stunter that looks like a real airplane." David McCellan, 1980.

Offline B Norton

• B-NO
  • 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2016, 03:10:49 PM »
(Proparc)That's exactly what I was trying to say! nice job, well said!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 03:53:52 PM by B Norton »

Offline B Norton

• B-NO
  • 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2016, 03:15:38 PM »
That's a pretty dope score B!
  Thank you it shows good potential !

Offline Bob Reeves

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Somethin'Xtra Inc.
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2016, 03:31:48 PM »
Just after you and Joe left the other day I went out to the shop and discovered a carbon 3 blade prop I forgot I had. Does the engine have a standard 1/4 shaft. If so you might want to try this prop next time you are out. Looks to be fairly low pitch ~4 and it's either a 12 or 13, I didn't measure.

Offline B Norton

• B-NO
  • 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2016, 03:46:43 PM »
Sounds like exactly what I was looking for I'll definitely want to try it. thanks

Offline B Norton

• B-NO
  • 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2016, 10:29:51 PM »
What does the Mag 52 weigh?

It weighs about 12.5 ounces  (  added by  Randy Smith)
I grabbed another mag 52 off ebay for cheap I wanted to get some bench time on it ,putting it together I decided to check the weight ready to fly . So ready to fly with alum. spinner, three blade C/F prop,NVA and venturi,and tounge muffler she weighed in at 15.3 oz. for the power to weight that's pretty good

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2016, 09:27:51 AM »
I grabbed another mag 52 off ebay for cheap I wanted to get some bench time on it ,putting it together I decided to check the weight ready to fly . So ready to fly with alum. spinner, three blade C/F prop,NVA and venturi,and tounge muffler she weighed in at 15.3 oz. for the power to weight that's pretty good

I never weigh engine with prop and spinners, because the weight then , can vary wildly .

I took a big batch of engines  to the NATs  last week, the 52s I took with me all sold, people are very happy with them

Randy

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2016, 06:43:11 PM »

I never weigh engine with prop and spinners, because the weight then , can vary wildly .

I took a big batch of engines  to the NATs  last week, the 52s I took with me all sold, people are very happy with them

Randy

I take this to mean that you can afford to stop to eat at Waffle House once on the way home?   ;) LL~ Steve
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2016, 06:51:27 PM »
I take this to mean that you can afford to stop to eat at Waffle House once on the way home?   ;) LL~ Steve

I did  stop but they would not weigh my 52s  with the  prop and spinner on it !   ;D ;D LL~

Offline B Norton

• B-NO
  • 2019 supporter
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2016, 01:57:07 PM »

Randy
Randy your welcome for helping you draw attention to the mag 52,sounds like people are pleased with them. And I just thought I'd share what the engine sit up weighed. You have to consider total weight don't you?

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • Aero Products
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2016, 09:04:01 PM »
Randy your welcome for helping you draw attention to the mag 52,sounds like people are pleased with them. And I just thought I'd share what the engine sit up weighed. You have to consider total weight don't you?

Yes  , your right, you definitely need  to know what  your  total weight  is, only thing is  there is a  huge difference i n the  weights  of spinners  coupler nuts ,props , mufflers etc.. That is the reason I weigh them separate from the motor weight

Randy

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here