News:

• May 09, 2024, 08:46:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: SERVER SUPPORT  (Read 1381 times)

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
SERVER SUPPORT
« on: September 28, 2013, 07:11:50 PM »
I will apologize in advance for the rant as its not my style and something I don't like to do. If you feel  this should be deleted feel free. I was talking with Sparky a few times over the past week and can't believe that he is still about $400 short on the money to pay for the server for this site. There are about 150 of us logged in right now(yes I checked). That's less than $3 each. There were about 1500 different users logged in in the last 12 months. That's less than $1 a piece each for this site for a whole year. If we all gave one day of pocket change a year we keep this site up and then some!!! THERE IS NO WAY SPARKY SHOULD HAVE TO LAY A DIME OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET!!! He does enough just running this and trying to keep order here. I know some gave and were very generous, but I also know most give nothing (He didn't tell me that but it doesn't take a genius to figure that out once you start looking at the site stats.) I think if we can give the cost of one glow plug or cheap prop (like $5 each) we can more than cover the $400 in the next week or 2!!! This is a hobby and YES it cost money!! We all benefit from here. If you read through here and look at all the info available to us, We have all probably saved more money than we will ever give. Let's get Sparky out of the hole and make sure that this site can survive for all of us. I have some stuff to send Sparky so my donation will be by mail this time but Let's hit that donate tab and get this done once and for all!!!
AMA 98010

Offline Steve Hines

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
Re: SERVER SUPPORT
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2013, 09:28:34 PM »
Did any of the people he was going to kick off or stop there post give any money?

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 01:31:31 AM »
What's that URL for donations again?
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 01:32:35 AM »
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 09:55:25 AM by Robert Storick »
AMA 12366

Offline RknRusty

• 2019 supporter
  • Admiral
    • My Tube channel
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 01:35:42 AM »
http://stunthanger.com/smf/index.php?action=paypal
Thanks, I can only send a little, but I'll try to do it a couple of times. Hopefully others will too. Please omit the server support icon from my avatar.
Thanks,
Rusty
DON'T PANIC!
Rusty Knowlton
... and never Ever think about how good you are at something...
while you're doing it!

Jackson Flyers Association (a.k.a. The Wildcat Rangers(C/L))- Fort Jackson, SC
Metrolina Control Line Society (MCLS) - Huntersville, NC - The Carolina Gang
Congaree Flyers - Gaston, SC -  http://www.congareeflyer.com
www.coxengineforum.com

Offline RC Storick

• Forum owner
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
  • The finish starts with the first piece of wood cut
    • Stunt Hangar
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 01:39:53 AM »
No problem thanks!
AMA 12366

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 07:44:03 AM »
Yes, I have posted the same message at one time or another.   That cup of coffee and sugar laced roll we don't really need one day a week would do it several times over.   Or even the cost of that suds that some enjoy drinking.   I too think the donation icon award should be done away with as it may be intimidating to some.  I really like this site as it keeps me motivated.
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline William DeMauro

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 11:23:56 AM »
 That cup of coffee and sugar laced roll we don't really need one day a week would do it several times over.   Or even the cost of that suds that some enjoy drinking.   
John,
That will more than do it. Even one day a month will cover it and if the 1500 that logged in in the last year did it just once we could pay for this site and have money left over for raffles, prizes, give away's etc. This is not expensive and we are about a quarter of the way there. We picked up about $100 since last night. Lets get this done!!!! $300 more to go!!! Thanks to those that gave last night. I don't know who you are nor do I need to know.
William
AMA 98010

Joe Just

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2013, 07:18:51 PM »
I have been unable to go out and fly for about 10 days.  Thinking of all the money I saved in gas, model fuel etc I figure what I just sent in is money I saved.  I simply need SH for my twice daily (or more) model fix.
Joe Just

Offline Hoss Cain

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 01:25:33 AM »

SNIP  
I too think the donation icon award should be done away with as it may be intimidating to some.  I really like this site as it keeps me motivated.

Sorry John, however I have to disagree with your thinking. Personally I think that NOT HAVING the donation icon would be the intimidating thing.   Anyone that flies toy airplanes can afford a few yankee greens for extending a bit of help to keep this forum going.
Horrace Cain
AMA L-93 CD and Leader
New Caney, TX  (NE Houston area)

ChrisSarnowski

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 05:43:38 AM »
I'm in. I say keep the donation icon. Keep Stunthanger going strong!

-Chris

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here