News:

• April 16, 2024, 11:11:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Stels 5.8cc Combat Engine Information  (Read 466 times)

Offline Juan Valentin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
Stels 5.8cc Combat Engine Information
« on: March 17, 2024, 01:24:13 PM »

Hello
                I have this Stels 5.8cc Combat engine and would like to have information. I bought it many years back in a factory box but it didn`t have any instructions. Your help will be appreciated.
                                                                                                                               Juan

Offline Paul Smith

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Stels 5.8cc Combat Engine Information
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 02:08:14 PM »
Where are you?

If this came to me I would mount it securely, put on a strong 9x6, check the glow plug, attach a bladder tank with 10% nitro, and fire it up.

If that works, put it on a plane.
Paul Smith

Offline Russell Graves

• New Pilot
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 07:52:29 PM »
The people who would know about that motor are on the facebook MACA site (Miniature Aircraft Combat Association).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/flymaca

Offline Juan Valentin

• Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 09:54:31 AM »
Where are you?

If this came to me I would mount it securely, put on a strong 9x6, check the glow plug, attach a bladder tank with 10% nitro, and fire it up.

If that works, put it on a plane.

Hello Paul
                       I`m in Puerto Rico. I bought a winder kit but the engine I will be using on it will be a Supertigre G21.35 that I bought 54 years ago in a Hobby Shop in St. Petersburg Florida when I was stationed at Macdill AFB in Tampa with the 15th FMS squadron working on F4D Phantom II . The engine has little use on it, flew it in a flite streak for a while. The Stels.36 Combat engine I don`t want to use since it`s a rare engine and I have other combat engines from OS, fox and Supertigre that I can use. It`s been a long time since I flew a Voodoo I need to practice and probably order a couple of winder kits to have as spares.
                                                                                                                                    Juan

Offline Juan Valentin

• Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2024, 09:56:13 AM »
The people who would know about that motor are on the facebook MACA site (Miniature Aircraft Combat Association).
https://www.facebook.com/groups/flymaca

Hello Russell
                             I joined the group and posted seeking info,Thanks for the tip.
                                                                                                                                      Juan

Offline Russell Graves

• New Pilot
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2024, 05:32:10 PM »
I spent 6 months in San Juan PR around 2014 or 2015 before the big hurricane hit. I met Usaf (Rafael), Alex, and a few others flying control line. I'm not sure if I met you at that time. I hope you guys are still flying control line down there. Cheers.

Offline Juan Valentin

• Captain
  • USAF 1969-73 ANG 73-77
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2024, 08:12:59 PM »
I spent 6 months in San Juan PR around 2014 or 2015 before the big hurricane hit. I met Usaf (Rafael), Alex, and a few others flying control line. I'm not sure if I met you at that time. I hope you guys are still flying control line down there. Cheers.

Hello Russell
                                 Were you the guy with the combat wings?  I probably met you I was a member of the Puerto Rico Prop Busters until it closed. Usaf,Alex,Ricardo,Cachito,Alberto and me are not flying at that field anymore. Last thing that happened was after going thru eye surgery Alex lost vision on one eye and only has 25% vision in the other. We got together last year in July in the new parking lot behind the Hiram Bithorn stadium and Alex flew his Skywriter "mister Maneco"  Thru a pattern it was a very emotional day The 2008 Nats Advanced champ was incredible. Most of the old guys in the club passed on and the land we were flying on was going to be redeveloped .  Alex was the spark plug of the club. I would drive 4 hours round trip to spend time flying control line stunt with those guys and after that we used to go to a nearby place for pizza and beer.  Now I fly with my cousin and a friend on a baseball field that I got permission to use from the local recreation department.here are some pics of the day Alex flew.(I`m the old guy with the Dolphin) I remember replacing the bearings on one of your FORA engines if my limited memory serves me right.
                                                                                                                         Juan

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here