News:

• April 19, 2024, 12:14:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Looking for Engine Part and Props  (Read 1392 times)

Offline JHildreth

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Commander
Looking for Engine Part and Props
« on: June 10, 2018, 07:02:09 PM »
I have a couple of OS Max 35 S's.  I am looking for the plastic insert that fits in the back of the crank pin to eliminate rubbing on the backplate.  Does anyone know where I can get some of these inserts?

I have been using Rev Up 10-6 EW props on these engines, but my supply is almost gone.  Does anyone know where I can get some of these?  Or better yet, is there a good replacement prop for these engines that is readily available?

Thanks.

Joe

Offline RandySmith

• Administrator
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
    • Aero Products
Re: Looking for Engine Part and Props
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 07:27:03 PM »
I have a couple of OS Max 35 S's.  I am looking for the plastic insert that fits in the back of the crank pin to eliminate rubbing on the backplate.  Does anyone know where I can get some of these inserts?

I have been using Rev Up 10-6 EW props on these engines, but my supply is almost gone.  Does anyone know where I can get some of these?  Or better yet, is there a good replacement prop for these engines that is readily available?

Thanks.

Joe

Hi Joe
2 quick things, the steel washers behind the drive washer helps protect the crank pn and rod from hitting the backplate, If you do not have them on your  engines  you should, i have them in stock
A great replacement prop is the  TT Cyclone  10 x 6   have them too

Randy

Online James Lee

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 09:59:27 PM »
Joe
I will have crank pin buttons available for the OS Max-S 30/35 in a few days.
Thanks
Jim Lee
Lee Machine Shop

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2018, 10:07:42 PM »

Thanks.

Joe

The crank pin button/clearance issue has been addressed. Finding Rev-Up 10-6W and EW props is the problem now. Watch eBay for them, but they get bid on competitively and aren't cheap. The props Randy mentioned will work well, but aren't paddle blades, if you want or need that look. Brodak makes the BY&O props and you might try they're 10-5 and 10-6 props. RSM makes a "traditional" wood prop in the 10-6. Look at what Xoar has to offer in wood props. And the new generation of Master Airscrew has shown a big improvement to me in how they work. It looks like they are a bit thinner and have a different airfoil. I have been trying them out on some Fox .35's and they show promise. You just gotta keep looking and try them as you find them.
   Type at you later,
    Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline BYU

• 24 supporter
  • Captain
Tortured Stunt Flyer Department

Offline Steve Lotz

• 24 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 07:29:51 AM »
I wasn't aware  that the 35-S engine used crankpin inserts. I don't recall ever seeing them.

Steve

Offline Air Ministry .

• Admiral
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 08:16:48 AM »
Was on Stuka Stunt centuries ago , re ' Big Art ' OS 35 S . Said I believe , to stop ROD walking aft .

Thus the Dia. of the top of the nylon ' T ' is something like the Big End O.D. , & thickness almost same as dist. crank pin to backplate .

Handy to drop in Any OS 35 S Id imagine .
Threw a rod once , big end threw out between oil holes . Engine used from new in aerobatic things , probly lugging it a bit . Mayve been on 11 X 6

Online James Lee

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 05:04:14 PM »
Crank pin buttons for the OS Max-S 30/35 are now available from Lee Machine Shop.

5/16" od to keep the rod in place.  Virgin PTFE ( teflon )    $2 ea and $2 shipping....
Thanks
Jim

Offline C.T. Schaefer

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 05:49:36 AM »
Try a APC  10.5 x 6

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 04:37:36 PM »
Try a APC  10.5 x 6

Yeah, and you'll never look back unless you're just hung up on the old wood junk!  I know some folks that seem to be for whatever reason.  It certainly ain't performance!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here