News:

• April 27, 2024, 01:58:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Little Legends  (Read 19300 times)

Offline Roger Vizioli

• CLiner
  • 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Re: Little Legends
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2022, 10:05:45 PM »
Walter has pneumonia among other health problems and has shut down his site and business for a long while. He called me last night with a health update. Not good.

I spoke with Walter today.
He is a fighter.
I ask all to remember him in your prayers for a healthy and timely recovery.
Roger V.
Roger Vizioli
AMA L-2408
Florida/Space Coast

Offline Christian Chacha

• New Pilot
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2022, 10:15:55 PM »
Walter has pneumonia among other health problems and has shut down his site and business for a long while. He called me last night with a health update. Not good.

Really sorry to hear this. So basically I am out of luck when it comes to these plans or can someone assist me?

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #102 on: July 28, 2022, 08:01:52 PM »
Just a note: I can also provide Lost-Foam building fixtures for built-up wings for the Lil' Legends series. 

I believe that years ago Bob actually cut a lost-foam set-up for the Little Legends.  It builds a very nice wing.

Offline Todd Chisum

• New Pilot
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2023, 10:02:57 PM »
Are plans still available for the Li’l Legends? Who do we order from?  I’d like to buy a set.
Thanks!
Todd
Thanks,
Todd
AMA 23079

Offline Phil J

• New Pilot
« Reply #104 on: September 27, 2023, 10:16:16 AM »
You can always take Les 660 plan and reduce the size to 1/2 a proportions if you don't mind the extra build time.

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2023, 06:04:38 PM »
 The plans were produced by Walter Umland, I believe. There was talk about a kit series but I think it only got as far as plans. Walter has folded up his tent and no longer doing any model business, I do believe. These were kind of a take off on an event a southwest club had for 1cc powered stunt models. That relaxed the need for people to know what 1/2A really meant and allowed the Norvel .061 and other engines that size. I think there was one more event for these that had a catchy6 name but I can't remember it right now. Your best bet is to find someone with the plans to make copies for you. I think there were 5 models, and they all had the same wing with different wing tips to go with the fuselage they represented. The answers to those questions are in the thread probably.
  Type at you later,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline Scott Richlen

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2023, 06:48:06 PM »
Nobler, Stiletto, USA-1, (Walker's plane), and.....memory fails me....

Okay, thanks Bob - the Impact, and was it the Genesis?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 06:19:37 AM by Scott Richlen »

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2023, 05:56:08 AM »
The Li'l Legends series was a product of the very fertile, creative mind of Steve Buso. I remember well when he contacted me about the prospect of doing that series and asked me if I would be okay with him using my Genesis design as one of the series. I was very happy to give Steve my blessings on that, and I'm certain that Bob Gieseke (Gieseke Nobler), Bill Werwage (USA-1), Les McDonald (Stiletto) and Paul Walker (Impact) were equally happy to see Steve produce this whimsical series. At the time Steve worked this up those were the five USA World Champion models. Since that time Dave Fitzgerald and Orestes Hernandez have won one World Championship each. Perhaps Steve could be persuaded to come up with a Li'l Legend version of their planes as well. That will be part of my conversation with Steve today...

I'm not sure who owns the rights to the plan that was produced that had all five designs, but I will check today with Steve Buso.

Later - Bob Hunt

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2023, 03:45:24 PM »
Okay, I just got off the phone with Steve Buso and read him what I wrote above. He clarified the story for me as follows...

Steve produced the Li'l Legends series with the thought to donate the plan and story to PAMPA. He sent each of us transparent, sticky-back appliqués with instructions to sign them and return them so that he could put the autographs of each World Champion next to the Li’l Legend version of his plane on the plan. He then made five copies; one for each of the five who's models were on the plan, sent the plans to each person, and did not make any more copies as the idea was to donate the plan to PAMPA and have them sell it through the PAMPA plans service. For some reason the plan was not sent to PAMPA (more on this later). So, there were only five copies out there. Apparently one of the five let someone else copy his plan. Then in turn that entity apparently began selling the plan and even supposedly produced kits from the plan - all without contacting Steve for his permission, or offering any type of royalty. And, yes, Steve is miffed about it, but too much of a gentleman to make a stir about it.

I asked Steve if he would still be willing to donate the plan to PAMPA, and he enthusiastically said, "Yes!" So, Steve will be sending the original Mylar (again, off which only five copies were made) to PAMPA President, Mark Weiss at some point in the near future and it will be added to the PAMPA plans service, which will soon be overhauled. What does Steve get out of all this? Well, once and for all people will know the true story behind these plans, and Steve will get the proper credit that he so richly deserves. Unfortunately he won't benefit from any profits from the unauthorized selling of his plan, or from any kit sales that may have happened. Seems that this occurs a lot in our hobby…

Later - Bob Hunt
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 06:14:47 PM by Bob Hunt »

Offline Todd Chisum

• New Pilot
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2023, 07:04:57 PM »
Thank you for the info on the Li’l Legends plans.  I look forward to buying a set from PAMPA.
Thanks,
Todd
AMA 23079

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here