News:

• May 05, 2024, 11:58:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Linda's Hobby Hut  (Read 4068 times)

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
Linda's Hobby Hut
« on: February 03, 2015, 06:16:25 PM »
My friend Carl reminded me that Linda's Hobby Hut is still going strong on Route 23 in NJ.
It's truly and "old time" hobby shop, with a bunch of stuff that control line fliers want. She is close to the GSCB field and is "hip" to a lot of the current CL stuff.

Web site: http://lindashobbyhut.com/shop/

Offline Randy Cuberly

• 21 supporter
  • Admiral
Re: Linda's Hobby Hut
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 06:47:51 PM »
Wow,
Must be nice to have a "Real" Hobby Shop close by!  Reminds me of ACE Hobby in KC Missouri in the 1950's.  Long since defunct now of course!

Thanks for the memories Peabody!

Randy Cuberly
Randy Cuberly
Tucson, AZ

Offline Dalton Hammett

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 03:43:59 PM »
Here in the Erie area we have Maxwell's Hobby Shop   -    and the owner,  Joe Maxwell,  is even currently the Pres. of our club !!!!!
Dalton Hammett  
Albion, Pa.
Bean Hill Flyers
AMA  29918

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2015, 08:08:22 PM »

I'm jealous. It's quite refreshing to see a "proper" hobby shop, have to look real hard to find an ARF in that photo. Actual MODELS hanging from the ceiling too, would be great to see some closer pics.

Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline bill bischoff

• Admiral
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2015, 09:29:36 PM »
A sharp eye will notice Sig dope, Ambroid glue, and castor oil. How can you not love it! #^

Offline wwwarbird

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2015, 09:50:48 PM »

Yep, and a Sabre Stunt hanging from the ceiling too. ;D
Narrowly averting disaster since 1964! 

Wayne Willey
Albert Lea, MN U.S.A. IC C/L Aircraft Modeler, Ex AMA member

Offline mccoy40

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 07:31:33 AM »
Dalton,

Double ditto on Maxwell's Hobby shop! I travel a lot for work and it was refreshing to see a full blown hobby shop in someone's Garage. And it was almost entirely C/L! And packed with goodies such as venturi's for the fp/la series of engines as well as needle valves. Good glue, etc.  ~^
Unfortunately I am spoiled because I am so used to this kind of thing. We in Philadelphia area just lost Penn Valley hobby shop which was Packed with Hobby items- cl, free flight, everything! You had to spend the time looking around because you could pull something out or open a drawer and find something totally out of the normal for a hobby shop, like free flight plans, silk, old cl racing wheels from perfect, prop blanks for free flight props.  HB~>

Joseph Meyer
Philadelphia, PA

Offline Randy Ryan

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 11:59:19 AM »
WOW!!! :Look at that, a REAL hobby shop, eve an Jetco Sabre Stunt hanging from the ceiling. WE still have the Prop Shop, but it's way the other side of Detroit from me. Since Job's closed a few years ago it just hasn't beenthe same. Saturday mornings every month or so were reserved just to go look if nothing else.

Man I see dope down on the left, fuel, some spray paints. Magazines, a whole wall of hardwear, glues, K&S rack, etc. etc. I love this place!!!!!!!
Randy Ryan <><
AMA 8500
SAM 36 BO all my own M's

Offline Steve Helmick

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 02:51:42 PM »
The picture looks wonderful. The website, however, shows nothing but R/C ARFs and Park Flyers. What up with that?  LL~
"The United States has become a place where professional athletes and entertainers are mistaken for people of importance." - Robert Heinlein

In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.  In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings.

Offline peabody

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 03:47:26 PM »
I think she posts what sells best...and what is supplied by her suppliers....

Offline Steve Fitton

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 04:23:03 PM »
Is that a Bob Hunt F-105 stunter hanging up there?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 05:44:46 PM by Steve Fitton »
Steve

Offline Ted Fancher

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 06:22:53 PM »
Wow,  Is that an old Sabre Stunt hanging from the ceiling?  I loved that plane as a kid.  Only built one though and stupidly painted it (along with an upright T-Bird that I somehow had ready for paint at the same time) With spray cans of beautiful dark blue enamel for the Sabre (making it a Navy version) and bright red for the Bird.  My big brother Gary told me not to do that but I couldn't believe tough old enamel would surrender to mere toy airplane fuel.

Gary was right.  Alas. 

Ended up giving them away to somebody because I wasn't into stripping and repainting.  Still doesn't appeal to me.  I think the only airplane I ever did that with was the early T.P. type that went to Shanghai and later won the '95 Nats in a red, white and blue traditional "Ted" paint job that started to bubble in the heat and was heavier than I thought was best.  After stripping and repainting it ended up wearing several shades of purple (Pond Scum to certain East coast types whose initials are Bob Hunt) with some sky blue pink trim and managed to win one last Nats before old age caught up with the driver.  TMI, sorry.  Nostalgia, ya know.

Do you know who the Sabre belongs(ed) to?

Ted

Offline Bill Little

• Admiral
  • Second in COMMAND
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 11:35:12 PM »
We have the same thing in near by Fayetteville, it's Hayes Hobby House.  Been in business since 1963!Everything under the sun and the staff is knowledgeable!  Don't find that too often anymore.  Even one of the "house" train sets has an accessory of a guy flying a C/L plane!

BIG Bear
RNMM/AMM
Big Bear <><

Aberdeen, NC

James Hylton Motorsports/NASCAR/ARCA

AMA 95351 (got one of my old numbers back! ;D )

Trying to get by

Offline Dalton Hammett

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 07:03:03 AM »
McCoy 40   -    You've seen the shop in the garage but there is more.    Joe is a collector and his basement is also full plus he has another building at another location.   He is often able to come up with pieces and parts for us when we need them ....
Dalton Hammett  
Albion, Pa.
Bean Hill Flyers
AMA  29918

Offline Chris McMillin

• 22 supporter
  • Admiral
  • AMA 32529
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 09:45:08 PM »
Is that a Bob Hunt F-105 stunter hanging up there?

Yes, I think it is. In SEA Camo. Cool.
Looks like a Sterling or JRobets Corsair too.
Chris...

Offline mccoy40

• 21 supporter
  • Commander
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2015, 02:34:06 PM »
Dalton,
Wow!  %^@ - what tis the other location. I'm stuck on the west end of town now so it is tough to make it over to the Garage before closing.  H^^

I want to check out the guys out by the RC field as well. Havent been there yet.

McCoy40 
Joseph Meyer
Philadelphia, PA

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here