News:

• May 05, 2024, 12:52:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 30th Annual Brian Harris Memorial Broken Arrow CL Stunt & Scale - St Louis MO  (Read 723 times)

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
The Lafayette Esquadrille has decided to rename the 30th Annual Broken Arrow CL stunt and Scale contest on Sept 16-17 to the "Brian Harris Memorial Broken Arrow CL stunt and scale" contest for this year. As club member he flew in the contest and he will be missed

Hope to see everyone there

We will have a free raffle for 5 CL handles on Saturday and 5 on Sunday to all registered pilots. We also have a special Concours and Spirit of 52' award for this year.

And the square pad has been resurfaced!

Fred

https://lafayetteesquadrillecl.wordpress.com/lafayette-esquadrille-cl/control-line-contest-st-louis/control-line-stunt-pampa-scale-broken-arrow-st-louis/
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 03:18:40 PM by Fred Cronenwett »
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
got some better pictures after the sun came out

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
you can't see it in the picture, but the surface is smooth and defect free

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale

Offline Dan McEntee

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
you can't see it in the picture, but the surface is smooth and defect free

Fred

Hey Fred;
  Did you get out and really look at it? I'm glad they resurfaced it but if I had to pay my money for it I wouldn't have accepted it. Far from what it could and should be. They rolled the end near the pavilion with a small roller that had gravel stuck to the edges and made long grooves all across the pad. That's why they have a scraper on the rollers and should have water flowing while they roll it to keep gravel from sticking and causing that very thing. It looked like they had a specific amount of material and obviously tried to stretch it. Lots of loose gravel already coming up in places like they used too small a roller. They still have the equipment parked by that out building on the other side of the trees, and that's what is parked over there. If they were paving my drive way and left it like that I would be seriously pissed off!  What's done is done but it will have to be sealed a lot sooner than what is usually done, I'm thinking.  Talk to you about it next time down there,
   Dan McEntee
AMA 28784
EAA  1038824
AMA 480405 (American Motorcyclist Association)

Offline James Mills

• AMA Member and supporter
  • Admiral
  • Welcome to the Stunt Hanger.
On behalf of our family thank you to the club, this is very thoughtful.

James
AMA 491167

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here