News:

• April 18, 2024, 09:43:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: El Dorado, Ark. Early Spring Control line Stunt Contest- May 17th-18th, 2014  (Read 2420 times)

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter

I'm letting everyone know that the early May contest held in Texarkana, TX. for years has now been moved to El Dorado, Akansas. The dates are now the 3rd weekend in May, the 17th-18th. We will have (2) events- UNLIMITED PROFILE(Sat.), and PRECISION AEROBATICS(Sun.). The CD will be Doug Patterson- Assistant CD'S are Norm Faith and Jason Cunningham. Sanction applied for. More detailed event info. will be posted later today in the Events section of this forum. Hope to see many DVIII people there as well as others. Thanks.
             Doug  

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
Isn't that the same weekend of the May St Louis contest?   I know Topeka is Memorial Day weekend.   Yes I know the miles apart will decide who goes where. 
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
According to the AMA website, the contest that weekend in St, Louis is a speed and combat contest, not stunt.
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
     Doc, for various reasons this was the only dates we could do the contest in May. The MASA Club in El Dorado offered to move the Texarkana contest to their field to keep from losing this contest altogether. We have Norm Faith, Jason Cunningham, Jason Greer, Ron Raspberry, Joe Bowman, and many others to thank for keeping another contest from "biting the dust". I did make a number of calls to DVIII members that compete fairly frequently and can say that I don't think we (DVIII) will have a negative impact on the St.Louis contest, but would affect those up there that may want to come down here.  
      Doug

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
The St Louis contest is only hosting speed events, come here if you want to really run around the pylon!  Turn Left and go fast!

http://lafayetteesquadrillecl.wordpress.com/lafayette-esquadrille-cl/control-line-contest-st-louis/control-line-speed-st-louis-buder-park/

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Fred Cronenwett

• 2016 supporter
  • Admiral
    • Lafayette Esquadrille
Doug -

You are 464 miles from St Louis so there should not be any problems getting a sanction, I believe contests have to be less than 300 miles to cause a problem

Also since we only have speed the events are different from what you will be offering

Fred
Fred Cronenwett
AMA CLSCALE7 - CL Scale
Model Aviation CL Scale columnist

Offline Joseph Patterson

• 21 supporter
  • Captain
  • AMA member- Supporter
      Thanks Fred. I thought Buder Park was within the 300 mile radius. Man, I had no idea it was that far! I watched speed events for the first time at the Nat's last year. Throughout the week I kept going to the speed and racing circles everyday. I really enjoy the fast action!
       Doug

Offline Jason Cunningham

• Ensign
Salute to all !!  John Gunn Open Invitational CL Stunt Contest May 17-18, 2014
El Dorado, AR  AMA Sanction pending: This is the new name of the Contest ..  Thanks Doug for helping CD this contest!!  Our RC Club Model Aviators of South Arkansas want to help keep this contest flying on for many years !! More details coming ..  Thanks Jason

Offline Jason Cunningham

• Ensign
Will do Ty .. We had our Swapmeet this weekend and we got another guy from Monroe, LA in the CL Hobby..  I gave him a jr ringmaster to fly and he bought a Nobler at the Swapmeet ..  He will fly Beginner tho ..  Hope you can make it to our May and November contest.. Oh your friend Mike put his electric Orential in the other day he almost saved it but its repairable ..

Offline Louis Keller, Jr.

• Lieutenant
A tribute to John Gunn and meeting good folks again... Yeah, I'll be there!

Offline Jason Cunningham

• Ensign
Yes, a tribute to John Gunn for his hard work putting on the contest in Texarkana. But also the 3rd event of the year for the Dist 8 Profile Stunt Championship trophy.. The trophy will be given to the winner at our November 1-2, 2014 Contest ..  Here is a picture of the trophy good luck to the pilots ..
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 05:31:55 AM by Jason Cunningham »

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Yes, a tribute to John Gunn for his hard work putting on the contest in Texarkana. But also the 2nd event of the year for the Dist 8 Profile Stunt Championship trophy.. The trophy will be given to the winner at our November 1-2, 2014 Contest ..  Here is a picture of the trophy good luck to the pilots ..

First event was ??? ?

"Not" President's Day contest in Dallas in February?
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline Jason Cunningham

• Ensign
Sorry your correct, makes it the 3rd contest of the year in Dist 8 .. Open Invitation to all pilots and the public .. May everyone have Safe travels during the year!!

Offline BillLee

• AMA Member
  • Admiral
Sorry your correct, makes it the 3rd contest of the year in Dist 8 .. Open Invitation to all pilots and the public .. May everyone have Safe travels during the year!!

If yours is the 3rd, I'm still wondering what the second one is/was.
Bill Lee
AMA 20018

Offline Jason Cunningham

• Ensign
Big Thanks to all that worked/approved the Sanction for this event !!
AMA Sanction#1131 ~>
Model Aviators of South Arkansas club members are looking forward to serving/hosting the event for the pilots that fly only 60 feet from a crash !!   HB~>

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here