News:

• April 19, 2024, 08:55:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Another great flyer has passed - Ron Pavloer - Designer of the Bi- Slob  (Read 1380 times)

Offline Jim Mitchell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New Pilot
Most of you guys might not know him by name Ron Pavloer  he was the designer and builder of the Bi-Slob which is kitted by brodaks.  He was a top flyer in Gene Shafers era. Les Mcdonald will remember him. He is now  with the other great flyers.

your buddy  Jim
« Last Edit: January 15, 2021, 06:08:45 PM by De Hill »

Eric Viglione

Re: Another great flyer has passed
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 11:59:28 AM »
Most of you guys might not know him by name Ron Pavloer  he was the designer and builder of the Bi-Slob which is kitted by brodaks.  He was a top flyer in Gene Shafers era. Les Mcdonald will remember him. He is now with with the other great flyers.

your buddy  Jim

Hi Jim, it is good to see you posting, but I wish it was better news. I remember you lost touch with Ron a few years ago and how relieved you were to find out he was OK.

Sorry to hear he has actually passed now.

EricV

Offline Bob Hunt

• 23 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 12:11:03 PM »
I remember watching Ron fly on the East Coast Stunt circuit back in the early 1960s. He - like almost everyone else - flew an orange stunt model. It was beautiful, with big, round wing tips, fuse gear with sleek wheel pants, and a bubble canopy. He had many duels with Gene Schaffer and Artie Myers back then, and they were all great friends. I remember him as being one who would take the time to answer a young enthusiast's questions. A very nice man...

Rest in God's Good Peace, Ron...

Bob Hunt 

Offline Les McDonald

• 23 supporter
  • Captain
  • " The Jelly Man"
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 07:27:24 PM »
Hey Jim, thanks for the heads up on Ron.
That man could fly, just a natural talent.
Some of you may remember I spoke of Ron in the Stiletto Chronicles. For many years he set the bar for all the Florida guys and I don't think I ever actually beat him in a contest. When I started winning around here is when Ron started doing stuff other than flying stunt.
Just a nice pleasant guy that enjoyed the competition.
I see people my age out there climbing mountains and zip lining and here I am feeling good about myself because I got my leg through my underwear without losing my balance

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here