News:

• April 19, 2024, 08:09:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Latest Model  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Warren Leadbeatter

• AUS-14782
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Captain
    • My Home Page
Latest Model
« on: November 03, 2006, 03:02:59 AM »
Hi Guys,

I've been away building Free Flight power models the past few weeks... but I'm back to control line again this week.

Here's a pic of my latest effort.  It's an OS MAX LA-S 25 powered Jr Nobler!  This plane was scratch built but the main wing construction and part of the fuselage were done by a nice guy named Greg Frail who said he wouldnt have time to build it so I took over the project and finished it off.

The engine was run in today and she's now ready to fly. The prop is a 9x6, weight is 25oz, CG is a bit forward due to the heavier engine.  The only propblem I had was with my home made canopy which is not as good as I would like it to be.

I hope you like it and I hope it flies well tomorrow on it's maiden flight.

Cheers
Warren Leadbeatter
Port Stephens, Australia
AUS-14782

Offline Richard Grogan

• AMA Member 85745 Stunt Hangar
  • Administrator
  • Admiral
Re: Latest Model
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 10:47:34 AM »
Nice Job there Warren! I like the color scheme too. It'd probably be just right on the balance with a tube muffler instead of that stock one, but I bet it flies just fine!
Have fun!
Richard
Long Live the CL Crowd!

AMA 85745

Offline Joey Mathison 9806

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 04:58:45 AM »
she looks nice let us know how she flies
200 mph man ama#9806 joey mathison

• AUS-14782
  • Captain
    • My Home Page
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 08:07:33 PM »
The weather here in the east has been terrible for the last couple of weeks, hopefully I will be able to test fly it soon.

Cheers
Warren Leadbeatter
Port Stephens, Australia
AUS-14782

Offline rob biddle

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 04:52:05 AM »
     Hi Warren,
  I like It, a Junior Nobler has been on my list for about 5 years. One day I will get around to building one. ;D

Hasn't the rotten wind been crap lately. I just took a month off work to catch up on some building and flying and only on 2 days was the wind under 30mph. No flying done whatsoever as both those days were wasted doing other trivial stuff.

Not all bad though, my new Rsm T-bird went from being a bare framed up wing to a totally framed up model. Covered the wing in silkspan tonight and will hopefully have it finished in the next 2-3 weeks. x:

I took some photo's early on but still don't know the computer well enough to "shrink" them enough to post them. A mate is pretty good at it so I should be able to get him around some day soon for a crash course.

Cheers, Rob.
Robert Biddle

• AUS-14782
  • Captain
    • My Home Page
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 06:26:10 AM »
Hi Rob,

Yes it has been pretty average weather... I had 10 days straight of flying in early october then 4 weeks of nothing.  I've been stuck indoors building free flight models that I cant fly either and the Jnr Nobler.

I've also been playing with my latest toy recently purchased, a Saito FA30 4 stroke.  Still runing it in on the test stand and trying to decide what to build for it. I have about 4 possiblities at the moment... I am also considering purchasing a Brodak Cardinal Kit after seeing one (an ARC) up close on the weekend.  I have a nice OS SF 46 engine that  would go nicely in one of them.  Or I could go even a step further and put an OS FS-52 4 stroke.

This weekend I'm off motor biking to the Snowy Ride so I wont be doing any flying this weekend either. Hopefully things will improve by the following week.

Great to hear you are making progress with your building too. To shrink your photos you can use Microsoft Paint (come std with Windows) or Microsoft Photo Editor (comes with Microsoft Office) or any other image editing software that you may have. eg Photo Draw, Corel Draw, Paintshop etc.

Cheers
Warren

Warren Leadbeatter
Port Stephens, Australia
AUS-14782

Offline rob biddle

• Commander
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2006, 03:48:23 AM »
  Thanks Warren,

I had a play with shrinking the photo's to no avail. I'll have to wait until my mate Norm comes around next time for a beer to get a decent rundown.

What's next on the cards? you seem to be a fairly prolific builder.

Wish I could get my wife and kids to have a go too.

Got silkspan on the wing last night and first coat of dope on wing today, painted pilot.
Looks like it's all on track for a couple of weeks time. ;D ;D ;D

Cheers, Rob.
Robert Biddle

• AUS-14782
  • Captain
    • My Home Page
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 04:10:24 AM »
Hi Rob,

Yes we have been fairly busy building about 10+ models since June... between us we have built a Brodak Vector 40, 2 Baby Clowns, a Baby Flite Streak, a Flying Stop sign, Goldberg Lil Satan, 1/2A Pathfinder, finished off a full size Flite Streak and the Jnr Nobler, 2 x 1/2A Pitts Specials, a Fokker Triplane, a FF Goldberg Hi Thrust Viking, a FF Super Sniffer and a Sig Akromaster.

I'm taking a break at the moment due to a motorbike ride this weekend, "The Snowy Ride" to raise money for the Childrens cancer foundation, and then I am moving house at the end of the month, about 250kms north of here to the coast.

Next on my building plans though is to build a model for my new Saito FA30 4 stroke engine. I'm looking at building the following kits in the coming months, Brodak Super Clown, Top Flite Nobler, Brodak 38 Special, Sig Super Chipmunk and Shoestring racer. Further down the track I would also like to build a Brodak Cardinal, Jnr Flight Streak, Original Magician and a full size Pathfinder. That should keep me happy for a while.

Lucky my new house has a 4 car garage to store all these planes in. :)

Cheers
Warren
Warren Leadbeatter
Port Stephens, Australia
AUS-14782

• AUS-14782
  • Captain
    • My Home Page
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 03:09:40 AM »
Hi All,

We finally got to fly our Junior Nobler on the weekend. It flies like a dream with OS LA-S 15. I didnt even try the LAS25 although I can see now that it would be a bit too heavy with that engine. 

Here's a pic (or two) of it on the air!

Cheers
Warren
Warren Leadbeatter
Port Stephens, Australia
AUS-14782

• AUS-14782
  • Captain
    • My Home Page
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2006, 02:04:19 AM »
More flying again this weekend guys!
Warren Leadbeatter
Port Stephens, Australia
AUS-14782

• AUS-14782
  • Captain
    • My Home Page
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2006, 02:06:02 AM »
What a great little plane
Warren Leadbeatter
Port Stephens, Australia
AUS-14782

Offline rustler

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2006, 02:14:09 PM »
Warren, trying to sort out who was flying in the top pic. in your post of 20. Nov, it looks like the young lady, but she appears to be flying left handed. But in the bottom pic, - right handed? This could be a distinct advantage in desperate situations when a crash is imminent!
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

• AUS-14782
  • Captain
    • My Home Page
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2006, 05:21:10 PM »
Hi

Hee, Hee, Yes well I hadn't noticed that before but what happened is this... Kayla took off and flew for a few laps then gave the handle to me and I did some aerobatics then I gave the handle back to her to do some more laps and a couple of wingovers and the landing.  I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it that she took it in her right hand the second time.  She's pretty good eh!

Cheers
Warren
Warren Leadbeatter
Port Stephens, Australia
AUS-14782

Offline rustler

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 04:06:53 AM »
  She's pretty good eh!

Cheers
Warren

Hmmm. Deadly combat pilot in the making here! :)
Ian Russell.
[I can remember the schedule o.k., the problem is remembering what was the last manoeuvre I just flew!].

Offline john e. holliday

• 24 supporter
  • Admiral
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 09:11:15 AM »
Great to hear the plane is working to your satisfaction.  The OS 15 should be more than enough power as I flew mine years ago with a Medallion 15.  Also when that young lady learns that the handle is the communication link between her and the airplane, watch out.  Emmy was doing wingovers on her first flight last Friday.  I pointed out to her that if when the airplane got to 45 degrees that full up will do a loop.  Second flight after her sister flew I had just sit down in the chair to talk to Howard when all of a sudden the plane was going thru a loop.  Next time out hope to get her to sstart giving down after the plane goes inverted to unwind the lines.  John showed up in time to see her third flight and after landing he explained to her why the plane was not holding level flight after about 15 loops.  DOC Holliday
John E. "DOC" Holliday
10421 West 56th Terrace
Shawnee, KANSAS  66203
AMA 23530  Have fun as I have and I am still breaking a record.

Advertise Here
Tags:

Advertise Here